CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:lol: I keep saying this for pretty much all the characters, but 'I hope it's not x.' I hate to see anyone go. I doubt it's Mac, doubt it's Adam, doubt it's Melina, would hate if it is, don't think it's Flack but stranger things have happened, hope it's not Angell, hope it's not Hawkes. I'm sorry to say that as much as I like Danny, I could probably learn to live without him if they keep him in his current state, but I can't see them getting rid of him. I'm with AJ, I just don't freakin' know :lol:

I gotta think that if someone leaving is related to anything contractual, ie. who signed for how long, you would think that not only would the individual in question know, but that the other cast members would have some clue as well. If anyone does know, you can be sure they've been well told to keep it quiet.

Part of me can't help musing if this could be part of an internal shakeup where the whole of the show is concerned, behind the scenes as well as onscreen. Between seasons 1 and 2, CBS stuck their nose in and requested changes. Part of me is now wondering if this is simply the show looking for ways to stir things up (a la 'look we've killed Horatio - haaaa, !not! oh, what, you didn't buy it? how about we shoot Delko in the head? Let Grissom go? What, what can we do here in New York? Lab invasion? Done that? Oh. Um, hostage? ...what, that too? Really? Dang. Well, I guess we'll just hafta kill someone...) or whether there's a larger impetus behind the changes taking place. It could be interesting to note whether there are other 'renovations' and/or staffing rollovers that take place before next season.

The only caveat there is where someone is running out a contract: it certainly doesn't necessitate killing their character off to manufacture their exit, and so (a) that's where the surprise could come in, and (b) that's possibly where the cliffhanger comes in. And yet, there's no indications that more than one is leaving aside from that whole snippet that mentioned those already dead could be excluded from contention. :lol:

Lindsay this season was already getting minimal screentime until the pregnancy storyline came into things, so I'd be just as happy if they kept her presence just as minimal, regardless the reason.

As far as Anna and her young family, I'll just add here, wasn't Melina's second daughter just born shortly prior to her signing on to do the series? Accomodation is obviously gonna be a very personal request, but the fact that we're already within half a dozen eps of winding out the season means Anna will have the hiatus without worrying about working on the show or even taking a leave from the show, even if she does return next season to have her onscreen family given more attention.

Lindsay will be back in the finale, and there's no issues with timing really, the writers have already skipped a few months to accomdate having Anna's pregnancy parallel Lindsay's in the show for timing so that she could take maternity leave.

I agree that no matter who it is goes down, they will play it out with bagpipes and parade and all that, even if the chase of the cop-killing kidnappers runs into next season.

2. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

OK,

We know the following:
    something happens in the first 10 minutes
    we lose a member of the family (define the following: lose and family)
    kidnappers-turned-cop-killers

None of that specifically says that one of our faves is even the one getting killed. Or am I being too hopeful?

3. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Anybody watch Brothers and Sisters? They tauted a shocking death for weeks and when the episode finally aired what happened? Robert had a heart attack and flat-lined. The doctor shocked his heart back in into rhythm and he lived. Their shocking lasted all of thirty seconds. Maybe it's the same situation here.

4. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

or maybe the lose a member of the family, this is a long shot, but Angell's dad is going to be there, family member... angell's dad bites the dust, i think it would bring flack and angell together, or possibly spread them apart?? Maybe?? to far fetched??

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think the reason everyone brings up Anna's family isn't so much because we expect her to do less as a mother of two - but because Anna herself said in an interview that she asked to work fewer hours after her first child was born. Extrapolating from that, I think it's possible that she'll want to stay on the same restricted schedule or, another possibility, reduce her working hours even more now that she has a two-year-old and a newborn.

It's certainly not a sure thing, just a theory. And since TPTB have shown that they're willing to work with an actor's schedule, it wouldn't surprise me at all because we know they'd let her work less if she asked to.

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I'm sure that's a part of it. I gotta say I only vaguely recall the info about Anna requesting to work fewer hours, but it wouldn't surprise me at all that she'd wish the time available to devote to her family.

I don't really expect but rather suspect that she'll simply continue to do only only what she and her family see as manageable and negotiable in a way that puts her family first. :) I brought up Melina as a comparison simply to show that in her case, she too had a young daughter and a baby, and still signed on to do the series full on as one of the show's leads. Her family circumstances must have been such that made it possible for her, then and in the intervening five years. I recall she said she's had her children on the set with her quite often. Somehow she and her family found a balance, and with the demands of a primetime procedural drama, that couldn't have been easy, and moreover she does charity appearances and supports various causes in her own time as well. Well, I know all of them have their own things going, with outside work, causes, charities, etc. ;)

I agree, in that I wouldn't at all be surprised if Anna wanted to continue along the same lines this time around. After writing for her in this fashion already then it wouldn't be a drastic shift in production to continue on in the same way. The break in seasons simply means that juggling family and work is not an issue in the same way, and that the time away, in addition to the maternity leave, may inform how much time she is willing/able to commit to next season. Whether she keeps to the same or further reduces her time, that's beyond me to bother speculating about as it would be something very personal to Anna. And yes, TPTB have always seemed to be very flexible in doing their best to be accomodating and considerate to their cast (and hopefully also their staff and crew). :)

7. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Does anyone know how many more (if any) repeats we will get this season?? when will all the remaining 6 episodes air??

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

8 April - Prey
    22 April - Past Present & Murder
    29 April - Yahrzeit

I assume these three will be in May:
    Greater Good, Grounds for Deception & Pay Up.

9. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Thanks Sarah

10. Faylinn

Spoilers are out for the finale. Be back with more info in a few minutes.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah, thanks Fay. I've just taken a look, but I'll leave them for you to summarise. :)

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Was just about to log off, I think I will stick around now!:drool:

13. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Ohhh, I´m veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery curious
    But I´m not really prepared for this now:scream::D

By the way thanks, Faylinn:)

14. Faylinn

There's not much info, but here's what I've got:

5.25 "Pay Up":

~ Angell was apparently protecting a guy who was going to flip on his father.

~ She gets shot in the chest, and Flack is with her when she gets rushed to the ER. :(

~ The team tries to find someone who had a Hummer modified to be bulletproof.

~ Flack takes Angell's father her badge.​
    So 100% it's Angell - they didn't try to hide it, so I'm not sure why they hyped the death so far beforehand.

No idea what the cliffhanger will be, though - so it's possible there's more trouble lurking for the team. Now that we know who is dying, that's what I'm going to worry about. :(

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

And I officially hate TPTB. If they killed off Angell I hate them for that. If Emmanuelle decided to leave then I hate them for hyping it the way they did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.