CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

^ My first guess was Danny (because in the end, we're just guessing here). It could be that Angell and someone else get themselves in a dangerous situation, but if they decide to do a cliffhanger on whether the second person makes it or not, I'm guessing that it's safe to say that the second character is in a good place. But why get rid of Danny since Carmine is drawing in viewers?

Did that make any sense?

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Excuse my ignorance but what does 'scale role' mean? Does it imply the ER doctor has large role?

PS: totally ignore me, I have just re-read the post and now my dsylexic brain has decided to pick up on the two words infront of 'scale role', that being co-star. For some reason my brain decided to miss them out before leaving me very confused. Dsylexia is cruel sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I thought it was going to be Angell to go, so this kinda makes me feel like I was right.

4. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Or Angell´s dad dies within the first ten minutes and she is shot at the end while arresting the murderer of her father.
    But PL said that the ´forever change the lineup´thing would happen in the first ten minutes, so it wouldn´t be Angell´s dad.

5. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ Well, technically if Angell died, the lineup wouldn't be changed either.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Honestly, I think we're splitting hairs with what does or doesn't count as the "line-up" - if TPTB consider Angell a major character, part of the "family" and the "line-up", then whether or not we agree is a moot point. This feels like exaggeration for the purpose of hyping the episode, but ultimately Angell is a bigger character than anyone else that isn't in the opening credits (and considering how few people stick around on this show for more than three episodes, someone who has been around for three seasons is a pretty big deal).

But, nonetheless...

As much as I'd prefer to lose Angell than some of the other characters, now that it's looking like a real possibility rather than just a theory, I'm pretty sad. :( She's a good character, portrayed by a good actress, with a lot of potential. Plus, she's half of the relationship on the show that actually works. :rolleyes:

But I guess they have their reasons if she is, in fact, the one that dies.

This doesn't automatically mean it's her, though - while it seems like a sure thing, I am not really assuming anything at this point. I mean, what if Eddie got his wish and they cast Brian Dennehy as Flack Sr? They wouldn't have to put out a casting call for him if that was the case, or if they'd already lined up any actor(s) to play a given character(s). So they could have Flack's father and sister in the episode after Flack is killed, and Angell is in the hospital fighting for her life (thus bringing her father into the picture) - without having to cast anybody for the dying character's family.

And while I know people don't like the idea of a main character dying (Flack or otherwise) and having a recurring character seem to take the 'focus' by fighting to live - if they were planning to make said recurring character a reg next season, it would make more sense. (Like if they're replacing Flack with Angell as a reg, concentrating on Angell seems less strange.)

Just to be clear, it's not that I think this has any likelihood of happening, but I'm just putting a theory out there.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree. I also was thinking maybe she's injured and they bring her father in while another character is killed. Flack got injured in 2x24 and could have died but we didn't see any family at all so it wouldn't surprise me if they killed somebody else and had no family there OR maybe they had somebody specific in mind (like your example of Flack - how could you use him?!? :scream::p) and don't need to put out a casting call.

8. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

ooor maybe they are bringing in Angells dad because after danny is killed Angells could be injured and after having all this go down Flack could be the one who has to call her dad who lives out of town pick him up at the airport and take him to the hospital to see his daughter. After they get to the hospital her dad goes to talk to the doctors while Flack stays with her and it is when her dad comes back that he realizes that flack is in love with his daughter?

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I like that idea but I'd have to exchange Danny's name with Lindsay. :p

10. celtess

celtess Rookie

Danny kills Angell, omg I don't beleve it
    I thinks Angell potect her father, ans she 'll be kill.
    It's opinion
    That's a good flack's drama

11. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I really hope it's not Angell. I'm gonna be so sad if it is. I'm wondering maybe her dad's being brought in for a totally unrelated reason. What if Angell's working a case that ties into one that her dad worked back when he was on the force? She could call him for help.

12. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I've been thinking about how it would play out if my season-finale-nightmare came true, and both Angell and Danny were shot in the beginning of the episode. Imagine Flack's reaction to the news that his girlfriend and his best friend both got shot. That would just be crazy!

I'm going to keep vainly hoping that Lindsay will leave, though. Just because.

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I'm sticking with what I've said since the spoiler came out - I really do not think that they will kill of Lindsay, when she just had a baby.

14. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I agree that it's extremely unlikely that Lindsay would ever be killed off, and to be honest, I'd be pretty sad if she did. I may not like her, but killing an expectant/new mother - although awesome for stirring up drama - just isn't something I can really get behind, or that I can see the writers getting behind; and anyway, I think I can safely wager that CBS is anti new mother killing.

I would be pleased if she became a recurring rather than main character, though. I just really don't like her, lol.

Also, while I was playing Left 4 Dead just a few minutes ago, a friend suggested that Angell's father might be in the episode for all of five minutes, in some sort of cheesy "Flack meets the parents" sort of set-up. That would... well, it would certainly be something.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

None of the spoilers indicate that Danny kills Angell. :confused:

It doesn't seem likely now that it's Lindsay but what does her having a baby have to do with her getting killed? It happens and I don't think she, or anybody else, should be excluded from this.

I find it odd that in their attempts to keep the death a secret, they put out a public casting call for everyone to see. Seems to me like they could put out a casting call that the general public wouldn't know about. I love spoilers but I'd rather they keep it a secret until the finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.