Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ah, okay. :lol:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I say they name the baby Dakota and f*ck her up for life.

"Hi, I'm Dakota."
    "Why did your parents pick that name?"
    "My dad liked it."
    "Is that where he's from?"
    "No, he's from Staten Island."
    "Is your mom from there, then?"
    "No, my mom is from Montana. My dad calls her Montana sometimes."
    "Your mom's name is Montana?"
    "No, her name is Lindsay. My dad calls her Montana because that's where she's from."
    "So are you from North Dakota or South Dakota?"
    *Dakota wails and tells her parents she hates them as she slams the door to her room*

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw:That would be awesome.

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't watch CSI:NY that often, but I agree that killing off Lindsay would make a lot of sense. I think the fact that Angell's character has gotten screentime could go both ways. On one hand, it could be an excuse to kill her off. On the other hand, it gives TPTB a chance to establish a new female main character that could take Lindsay's place if they choose to kill Lindsay off. I know how upset many fans were with brand new characters on Vegas, so it seems logical to use this season as Angell's trial run, so that she can be the replacement for whoever gets killed off. And if she did end up being the replacement, it seems like it would make more sense if she were to replace another female character -- logically, Lindsay.

Also, what I found the strangest was A.J. Buckley's comment that nobody in the cast knew who was going to be killed off. I can understand why TPTB would keep that kind of thing a secret from fans, but from the cast? Wouldn't it be considerate to at least let everyone know whether or not they have a job the next season? That just struck me as rather odd.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i stayed so in Heaven inside the Smacked Family Thread...but i woke up because i received a smashed from this place

WHAT?!?

STELLA?????????? STELLA CAN'T GO! CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T! :(

i can't believe Melina decides to go after all excellent scenes she had with the whole team this season!. Plus she co-wrote a script this season

If Stella dies i swear i will send my tv set in pieces to TPTB:scream::scream::scream:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  6. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

IMHO, I think things are exactly what they seem. It all indicates that Angell is the one to die, and so I believe. Mac and Stella are save. Writing off one of them would be like killing the show, because unlike CSI LV, which survived Billi's exit, the writing on NY is not so good and the show would never be able to survive without Gary and Melina.
    I think it's not worth it to over analyze the spoilers.
    Sorry of this sounds too raw, but TPTB are not that smart. Not so long ago they even allowed that part of the scripts leaked onto the internets. I don't even think they know we susppect who's gonna die. So I stick with Angell, despite the fact that I love her and I'd be pleased to see Lindsay gone for good.

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:lol:

(...and suddenly, Messer comes to realize that taking a month and a half to settle on a variant of Sheldon instead wouldn't have been such a bad thing... :p)

...is that karma or what? :lol:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I just had a thought.

What if the whole Angell's father thing is not merely a red herring to distract us from who really is getting killed or a give away if Angell is the one getting it.

Angell's father is, or was, a cop, right? What if he's somehow connected to the Flash Drive. Or, God forbid, what if Angell is dirty, and is connected to the Flash Drive.

Neither is exactly appealing, but, it's better than Angell biting the big one in the Season Finale. It could be that he just has info on it. Yes, I know I'm reaching, but I'm not 100% sure that she's the one getting it.

I do agree that they may not want another full time detective on the show, and maybe they don't want to dole out another contract for a series regular. Still, I think her character works, works much better than Lindsay does. I think that in the 2+ seasons that she's been on the show, she's had more character development than Lindsay has in nearly 4.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't like the idea of Angell being dirty, but if her father is dirty, that could be interesting - especially if we actually got to see her dealing with the ramifications of that (translation: character development).

If the finale is a cliffhanger, there might not be time for a big funeral or anything like that - if the story stops in the middle so the season has an exciting ending, it's possible that the character dies but we wouldn't see family and the bagpipes and whatnot until the season 6 premiere.

I know the spoilers said the finale would be Craig T Nelson's final episode, but it's possible that was misleading and that it's his final story carrying over into the new season - or that he himself isn't necessarily involved in the whole story and the team is still investigating their colleague's death when the season ends.

That would allow them to avoid having to cast anything suspicious until the end of the hiatus. I mean, if [character] dies in 10 minutes and they spend the rest of the episode trying to find his/her killer, when are they going to stick a funeral in the episode? They might have all of that in the premiere - which ensures that we'll all tune in to see the closure. Plus, of course, the cliffhanger will be a nail-biter as we wait to see if and how they catch the killer. (I'm sure they will, but wouldn't that be something else, if they couldn't bring the killer to justice immediately and had to find a way to get them over the course of season 6?)

It's a possibility, at least.

10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Now that you're mentioning the flash drive and Angell or his father being dirty as a possibility, how about feigned death? They think she's death, spend the rest of the episode trying to catch her killer and... ta-da! Just five seconds before the episode and season end, they realize she was terribly dirty and she is alive, which means they have to go after her.
    It sounds terrible, I know, but I've seen a lot worse than that.

11. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I don't get it, in my little fantasy of denial, I cant vvrap my head around the fact that y'all are speaking like it is Angell. In my fantasy vvorld it's neither Angell, nor Stella. In fact it's none of the team at all, for some reason I think every character (even Lindsay) Is important to the shovv, loosing Montana vvould be a devastating thing to Danny, and vvould possibly corrupt his character even more than his marriage. If you think about hovv he reacted to Rubens death, and he vvas just the kid next door, after all, Lindsay is his vvife and high-schoolish love of his life.
    Still, if anyone has to go, I actually hope it's Havvkes for some reason, even though he's one of my fav. characters. It vvould create a fair amount of drama for the team (Not overdone drama, like Lindsay's death vvould create.) And you'd see the vvhole team mourn, not only Danny. And it vvould make for an interesting character definition for Sid, give us a chance to dig even deeper into his many layers.

For the sake of the shovv, I hope it's Havvkes, for the sake of my ovvn little fantasy vvorld, let it be Lindsay?!

12. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i Think it will be Angell , because of this greek storyline with Stella , just hope its not Danny or Flack or Adam as he is just starting to grow on me :)

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ In theory, the Greek storyline will come to an end in 5.24, that is one episode before the finale. If it's Angell, I don't think her death will have anything to do with it.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Character development? What's that? You must have this show confused with CM. :lol:

God, I'm a jerk when I'm in a state of denial... Oh well. Anyway. I'm trying to think of the 500 reasons how Angell wouldn't be the one dying, and most of them are just worse than her dying, so it's very very hard. It is quite possibly a red herring though. I mean, whether you tell anyone on the cast or not, that is a very big indicator. A very, very suspicious indicator. And it's not very subtle, either.

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Not odd, just playing up the suspense.
    I remember a few years ago, coming up to the Season 2 finale for NCIS, and all the spoilers and rumours and promos were about how somebody was going to be killed off. And all the regular cast members were being quoted as saying how nobody knew who it would be and how any of them were up for the chop. And then afterwards we found out that Sasha Alexander (Kate) had specifically asked to be let go.

Whoever is being written out, would have to know by now, at least if they're on a contract, they'd have to know whether it was being renewed or not, and there's likely something written into it regarding the amount of advance notice they'd be given, so as to allow them to look for other shows.
    Then again, if they're a recurring character *cough*Angell*cough*, they're likely only contracted for episodes as and when they're needed, and as such it could be just a case of telling them that they won't be using them anymore.

But if the finale is airing May 20th, presumably they've already started working on it or will be soon, so I'm guessing that the info will be available soon enough. Especially since it's all supposed to go down in the first 10 minutes, so it's not like they're hoping to make a big climactic final scene out of it (like with S2 NCIS)