Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Okay, I thought I would throw out a question or two and try and shift the topics a bit. Just for fun :)

Question #1:

Do you think we'll get an "official" outing of the relationship by the end of the season? If so, how soon and how do you think it will happen? (ie. E/C telling Horatio or Stelter cracking down, or a hangout in group setting...etc)

Question #2:

What are your top 3 Eric/Calleigh moments (besides the kiss in 7.16) and why? I'm genuininely curious as to people's answers since I think mine are not as "normal" as most.

2. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

All this talk of their relationship ending makes me sad. :(

I really can't see that happening. After seven seasons of build up, I hope the writers wouldn't be that cruel!

I think Eric and Calleigh's relationship is going to survive and thrive. Like others have said here...they have both grown up so much over the years. The timing really was great to finally bring them together.

I truly hope that they stay together through the end of the show, whenever that may be.

On a slightly different E/C topic, all of this talk of them on a date having dinner, maybe salsa dancing, got my little shipper heart all excited.

I was browsing iTunes and found a Salsa Cubano mix that I bought to get my little fanfic creative juices flowing. :devil: Now I have some "mood" music, so to speak, before the episode on Monday to keep me excited. Like I wasn't excited enough. :guffaw:

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I have so many moments that I love between them.. and they're all before they got together so here we go.

1) The scene in WFDF when he had asked her if he could crash her place and what-not and they were talking about the case and she asked him if his parents made the trip from Cuba to America and he told her that they all did because his mom was pregnant with him at the time... I was actually watching this episode the other day and I have to say it made me sad because of The DeLuca Motel and Sink or Swim when we find out Eric situation and that it's not true. But Calleigh's reaction in 7.16 to the 'lie' that his life is really sweet and you just know that she doesn't care and she's all right with it.

Also, WFDF is like the 4th episode in the series and now here we are over 150 episodes later and Calleigh and Eric still seemed just as comfortable with each other then as they do now.

2) From the episode Wannabe in season 2 when Calleigh tells Eric she's afraid of ants.:lol: (it makes me laugh thinking about it.) Anyway-- when do we know Calleigh to let her guard down, ever, and admit she's afraid of something.. even if it is something as ridiculous and silly as ants?? I think the fact that she told Eric is telling. I don't think it was just because Eric was the CSI that just so happened to be at the scene with her. I think it's because she trusts him.

3) In Sunblock, when Eric told Calleigh that he would switch to night shift if he had been in Jakes place. Why do I like that scene? Because Eric would do anything for Calleigh. It's obvious.

Okay, that's it. I had actually written so much more than that and what I had written acutally has points and a good reason as to WHY those scenes were my favorite. But my laptop screwed up and deleted it all.. so I kind of had to try and remember what I had typed before and now what I've written doesn't really give good reasons as to why they're my favorite. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

As for the first question, I have no idea. I hope not, because it would be a little soon, in my opinion, but it's certainly possible. Gosh I wish the spoilers for the season finale would be released already. I hope, if they do make it an issue out of it, that their outing and/or problems with IAB aren't the main story in the season finale. That could be a bit much.

Ah, favorite E/C moments. There are so many to choose from over the seasons. I'm going to say, in no particular order:

- the scene with the two of them in 2.05 "The Best Defense" when Eric is examining the seatbelt and Calleigh's dad pops in and complains about Hagen. Even though Calleigh's with Hagen at that point, I love the eyes Eric was making at her, along with the adorable smirk. It's just such a great example of the amazing chemistry these two have always had, even when they were just friends.
    - The scene at the beginning of "Stand Your Ground" when Eric is comforting Calleigh in the back of the ambulance. I just love how he's so willing to give, and she's so open to receiving. It was great to see Calleigh emotional and willing to accept a shoulder to lean on (literally and figuratively, :lol:). And Eric was just the perfect boyfriend, even though he wasn't her boyfriend then.
    - When Eric is talking to, then leaves his watch with Calleigh in 7.14. I mean, honestly, who didn't go "awwww!" out loud?

5. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

I do think everyone on the team will know by the end of the season. Ryan, obviously, already suspects it. He's told Natalia about his suspicions so she's on the lookout too. Horatio knows all so I'm sure he'll figure it out soon if he doesn't know yet.

How will they do it? I think as their co-workers figure it out, they will just ask them point blank. But I don't think any of them will "out" them to Stetler should he come snooping around.

I think the team has enough respect for each other and enough cohesion that they will feign ignorance when they are questioned by IAB peeps.

1) When Eric jokes about the Cafe Cubano to Calleigh in Season One. "It will put some hair on your chest," he says. "Well don't you say the sweetest things," she replies. :guffaw:I just like their flirting here.

2) When one of Eric's college friends is smitten with Calleigh, Eric tells him to back off (in a pleasant way, of course). Early signs that Eric did have feelings for her and was kind of protective/territorial about her.

3) When Eric tells Calleigh in All In that he didn't know what he would have done if something had happened to her. *swoon* Sent my little shipper heart a-fluttering.

6. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Thread moves fast indeed! Definately some great discussions that have taken place, usually by the time I get thru everything, you guys have moved on to something else and I agree most with what has been said so I don't have much to add without repeating you guys :)

I'm so looking forward to MOnday's for just the bathroom scene and anything "else" they give us concerning E/C, sexy or otherwise. Am I a bad CSIM fan for just wanting to see this scene alone and nothing else? :lol: Yes, I'm glad Ryan finally has a big storyline but how long have E/C fans been waiting for a moment like this in addition to the kiss?
    *Hangs head for being a bad CSIM fan*

Re: the clip, there's nothing else to indicate other than Eric did stay overnight at Cal's place b/c him wearing the same clothes is a dead give away and there's no way in hell Ryan or others is/are not going to miss that! Maybe Eric didn't change his clothes (going home or whatever he has in his locker) b/c he secretly wants to let pple know he's with the woman he loves and couldn't bother himself to change. But out of respect for Cal, he'll prolly tell pple some lame excuse that he pulled an all nighter at the lab or something. The preview looks excitng, was smiling when I saw David Zayas playing the security guard/manager??, I thought, "Hey, it's Batista from Dexter on CSIM!!" :lol:

Do you think we'll get an "official" outing of the relationship by the end of the season? If so, how soon and how do you think it will happen? (ie. E/C telling Horatio or Stelter cracking down, or a hangout in group setting...etc)

I think the writers have set it up where they are going to be outed in or by the season finale, which will set up for the possible split up/change shifts and the whole Stetler iron fist coming down on E/C for Season 8 (wow, odd saying S8). It can go any way in how they're going to be outed but I think it would be at the hands of the Russian mob. As each member is supposedly being "targetted" by the finale, their relationship will be revealed, only to confirm what Ryan, H, and other team members who have suspicions about them. All this would surely have our lovable bloodhound aka Stetler come running.

What are your top 3 Eric/Calleigh moments (besides the kiss in 7.16) and why? I'm genuininely curious as to people's answers since I think mine are not as "normal" as most.

Lord, there are way too many for me to whittle it down to 3 but they change sometimes, depending on my mood...apart from the kiss....

• Smoke Gets......: Their hospital bed scene, my heart melts when Eric says it was real about him saying he cant imagine his life without her after she says it feels like a dream. Cal asking him to stay with her and Eric holding her hand, just too sweet and adorable for words. Heck, everything about this couple is darn sweet and adorable:adore:

• Death Grip: Cal in her cute pigtails comforting a frustrated sweaty Eric. Love that scene, and what ArizonaGirl said as well, Eric telling Jeff Corwin to take it easy after introducing him to Cal (gotta luv protective Eric!). Love how Eric had his hand on Cal during the intros, too cute!

• Big Brother: When Cal, in total disbelief, tells Tyler and Eric in the A/V room that they both do not seem very surprised at all by the fact that there are web cameras even in the ladies bathroom in addition to everywhere else at the sorority house. It kills me that she's actually directing that question to only Eric (like poor Tyler's not even in the same room with them!) as she's staring at him, thinking, "Eric watches stuff like that?". It's so cute when Eric can't look at her in the eyes and mumbles someting like "well, it's common knowledge....". It's just a funny scene to me

There's so many other scenes, I can go on....(like the bet they made with each other and Cal wins the bet in the episode where the plane goes down in S2).

Your fav E/C question made me think about the early seasons and that got me hunting for some pics. I came across some early promo photos of the team and I love how Adam and Emily are always standing next or close to each (or they cut and paste them to be close). That just goes to show how the creators intended early on to pair them b/c of their chemistry. If I'm going over the size limit, feel free to delete as you need mods, i don't know how to resize pics here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this one is an outtake b/c Emily's standing on a box! I can sympathize, as someone who is just under 5' feet, it sucks being short!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.freewebs.com/mdpd-crimelab/csi miami 12.JPG

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/1823693

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/199...7D9939C83F106A5D6E97F0F53D70E5A5397277B4DC33E

My apologies for the long post

7. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Question #1:
    I don't know if it'll be official outing, but considering that russian mob is after the whole team, I guess it might have something to do with it. If they still are watching them, then I suppose sooner or later they will find out, that Calleigh and Eric are together (if they don't know it yet). And as we know Sarnoff wants to destroy Horatio and his team, thus I think he may use this knowledge against them :confused:. And because that luckless rule about fraternization still exist it might cause a serious troubles.:(

Question #2:
    Well I have to say it's really hard to choose only three moments, but I'll try.:)
    1. The first one which strikes to my head is from Grand prix (2.07 I guess) when they were investigating the crime scene and she asked him about some samples or something like that I don't remember now and he said that he has a problem with control samples, cause they don't want to give it to him and then Calleigh smiles sweetly and says maybe you just haven't been asking the right way:lol:. I love this scene especially when she's walking away and he's definitely staring at her butt.:guffaw:
    2. My second favourite scene is from You may now kill the bride (6.14) when they are recreating the wedding scene. When she put the veil on ner head the expression on his face is just priceless. It looks like his daydreaming in 7.18 wasn't the first one.;)
    3. The third moment is from Smoke gets in your csi's (7.14) when he's leaning towards her in hospital and saiyng I can't imagine living my life without you. For me it's the first time he confessed his feeling for her aloud.:adore:

8. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I think so. I think it would be a nice plot for a season finale with the outing and stuff.. But definitely not that nice for E/C... I don't really like Stetler and his "outing" abilities.. no interaction with the ones outed at all :shifty: It would be nice if C and E would be the ones to tell the group while they are at some bar or restaurant hanging out.. ;) *dreaming* and it should really end well :)

Up to now I still didn't see seasons 1-4..:shifty: so my choices are limited..

1.) Smoke Gets...- Eric was just soo cute..The way he talked to Calleigh and thought she didn't hear anything..and he was so worried.. aww..

2.) Burned - The part where they were at the crime scene and Calleigh accidentally got pierced by the piece of glass.. and Eric took it out.. and they shared a moment ;) aww.. lol.

3.) You may now kill the bride - Eric was just staring at her and Calleigh kept smiling. I can even imagine them actually getting married..:p

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Part of me wants to say yes that we will and another part of me hopes that it happens in the first few episodes of the next season. Ryan knows something and I am sure now that Ryan mentioned something to Natalia she will be on the lookout for more obvious signs. I think that Eric & Calleigh will go to Horatio after hearing rumors about them and let him know and of course he probably knew before they did that they are in love.

Wow, just 3.

1. Burned--when he pulled the glass shard out of her finger. They way that they looked at each other just said take me and take me know. She's gotta have some good self control because had that been me, I would have jumped him a long time ago :devil: I can watch this scene over and over.

2. Smoke gets in your CSI's--need I say more. The whole time Calleigh is being worked on and the look on his face was nothing short of heartbreaking. He knew at that moment that he could have lost her and he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something had happened. When he is whispering to her and telling her all those sweet things my shipper heart swelled.

3. How does that make you kill--I think I screamed like a little girl when Calleigh picked up Eric's file. The look on her face as she is walking away is awesome, it says yeah I knew it.

4. Head case--when Calleigh called Eric on his feelings for her. I wasn't expecting that which made it so much more better.

5. Simple man--their first hiphug...I love that.

Ok so I picked a couple more than I should have but you guys get my point. I love all of them, but these are the ones that stick out the most for me.

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, my 3 favorite...

1. Simple Man-The very first hiphug and all the interaction between them after that. I found it very telling of their obvious friendship.

2. Bunk-The entire exchange between them regarding their grandmothers ending with her calling him "Cuban" and him replying "Southern". Another part of that episode when they were stringing and walking the crime scene. It was a beautiful choreography of movement, as if they sensed where the othe one was without needing to look.

3.Death Grip-Calleigh is the only one that notices how upset Eric is when he wanders away from the group after finding the girl's foot in the crocodile's stomach. "In this world you need blonde hair and blue eyes to get any attention; no offense." "None taken; my eyes are green."

4. 10-7-After Hagen commits suicide in front of Calleigh, Eric trying to comfort a shaken Calleigh, whom refuses to be comforted. He tries to get her to leave the lab for a little while and she won't go. Alexx had already been ineffective in getting her to even talk. It seems like the only one that can get a respose out of her is Eric. That says loads.

5. Wannabe-Ants!

6. Whacked-Calleigh admonishing Eric about his hostile treatment of Ryan. She tries to get him to talk about how his therapy is going and when he snaps at her, she reminds him that she trusts him with every fiber of her being, which seems to soothe him.

7. Speed Kills-Hazing Ryan with the head trama and the little laugh they got over it.

8. Forced Entry-The scene of them in the morgue with Alexx and they have to nuke a vic's hand to get the object out that he death gripped as he died.

Okay, I've added more than my fair share of three, but I couldn't help it. There have been such great little moments over the years. They both can play sweet and gentle with each other or are just as great comically teasing. Love it and looking so forward to more.

11. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Oh my gosh... 3 is hard... hmm:

1) The end of 'All In' when he takes her home.

2)All of their scenes together in 'Just Murdered'. They were both just smiling the entire time and it was adorable. I think Cal was just so happy that he was back and Eric was just loving that.

3) Their scenes from 'Bang Bang Your Debt'... they were so angst-a-licious

There are so many, I just tried to pick some different ones ;)

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

These are great questions...I'm not sure if the first one belongs in a spoiler tag, though, so putting it in one, just in case...

I think we may get an official outing at the end of the season, and may get the huge decision of whether Eric or Calleigh would have to move to nights, etc. I think that Horatio will be their eyes and ears in regards to Stetler...maybe he will be snooping around and maybe catching a few smiles and observing body language like he always does (darn Stetler:klingon:) and will make a comment to Horatio. Or you never know, he may say something to them first and they ask Horatio for help/advice...Bottom line, I still feel that the team will back them up and if Stetler asks them questions about Eric and Calleigh, they will stand up for them and their newfound relationship.

Hmmm... Arizonagirl, which episode was your #2? I want to go back to that scene...

My top 3 scenes for E/C are of course in:

1) Burned - That look, it was so intense, I thought that they would immediately pounce on each other if it wasn't a crime scene and firemen werent there. LOVED IT!

2) All In - After the rescue, when he admitted he didnt know what he wouldve done if something happened to her... that was really Calleigh just letting him in and seeing her give in for the first time with him. He just smashed her icy wall with his piercing eyes..

3) Lastly, of course in "Smoke Gets In.." the scene when she woke up and told him she heard everything he said...yes, I actually cried and my shipper heart just sailed...:):):)

13. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Haha, I know it was hard to pick just three but that's why I did it. It's so easy to say every scene with them is a favorite but it's fun to get everyone's different opinions and why.

So since I asked the question here are my top 3 (in no particular order):

1) Going Ballistic - Where he holds her hand and she squeezes back, before helping her look for the missing bullet. To me, it just defined how they are with each other. Always there, silent and waiting to help each other, and knowing that comfort is great but sometimes the best help they can give each other is help bring the focus back and get them actively back in the case. (Which is why I love the "attack scene" from Target Specific).

2) Sunblock - Where Eric tells her that if it were him instead of Jake that he would have switched to night shift. Besides the the words and the obvious hint that he likes her, it's the look that Calleigh has on her face after she tells him that it was "sweet". It's almost as if she is recognizing the fact that she is seeing a guy who wouldn't do half as much for her as the guy that she didn't "choose", per say. Then that subtle shake of her head to get her mind back on the case, makes me smile every single time. I just think that was honestly the first time that Calleigh really felt the difference b/w Jake and Eric.

3) Smoke Gets In... - Surprisingly it's not when Eric is talking to her, but when Calleigh wakes up to find the watch on her wrist. So, while I loved Eric telling her that he can't imagine his life without her, as a viewer & hiphugger I knew all that already. So it was sweet but it wasn't anything earth shattering. The look on Calleigh's face when she wakes up though, touches the watch, and closes her eyes just hits me. It's like, she was so afraid that what she "heard" while in the mini-coma wasn't real that it was just that much more wonderful when it turned out to be true. The way Calleigh caresses that watch, that simple diving watch, it's as if it was made from a million little diamonds and priceless. That's when I knew that they were going to be a couple.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  14. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

Thankfully, a couple of other posters mentioned the episode because I honestly couldn't remember the name.

The episode was called Death Grip and it guest starred Jeff Corwin.

He played Eric's college buddy who helps them locate an allegator who ate a body in a swamp.

I don't remember the exact dialogue but I distinctly remember Eric introducing the team to Jeff and when he got to Calleigh, Jeff made a face or some kind of flirtatious comment toward her which I think Calleigh took in stride. But Eric jumped in and told him to "take it easy" or something like that.

It was very quick and they immediately went on to work the case, but I remember when I saw it the first time thinking, "That boy has got it bad for his co-worker!" :lol:

15. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

You know you have a point. If you look at picture #4, there this huge space between Horatio and Calleigh and look at the distance between Eric and Calleigh...there is none! LOL They always do have them standing next to each other in pics and their chemistry was so evident since season 1. Although here, pic 1, 3 & 4 are from the same shoot (they just gave Calleigh a leather jacket for an edgier look in pic 1), in the many they have taken, they have a lot with each other. Wow, how time flies and they look so different now, but still a hot looking couple!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.