Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I admit I haven't been thinking about it that way, but once again I think you might be right Gina. Like someone said earlier when they weren't a couple yet and we were wondering if and when it will happen, good things come to those who wait patiently, so maybe we really should wait for something more then just a bathroom scene. We all want this relationship to be long lasting and if it'll then there will be plenty of possibilities to show them in some hot scenes I guess:drool:. At least it's something what is worth the waiting.;)

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

IMO Both scenes would be cute. And if we get the first scene then Eric should be shirtless since most men shave without a shirt on. Maybe we get a bit of a shirtless kiss when we see them in the bathroom together. Who knows....52 more hours and we will! :)
    This kind of crap though is exactly why I quit posting over at a soap board when I was watching. And have for the most part quit reading there. Everything was so negative. Nothing is enjoyable about going to a forum where everyone is complaining about something. That's is what I liked about this place.

I think most of our hopes are really high about this episode! Ever since the spoilers and the talk abut pink razors, bathroom/mirror size and everyting else. But E/C will probably be only a small portion of the show since it's a Ryan center show. And you knwo what? That's fine with me. I like Ryan and this seems like a good storyline.

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

First of all, people I think we should start to ignore the 'EC haters' thread as I call it. Because I know it can anger you guys ESPECIALLY me, but there's nothing we can do to stop them from ranting about how they think EC relationship is stupid... All I can say is that, they're gonna be sooo pissed when they see

the EC bathroom scene on this new epi :guffaw:

That should be our fun that comes out of their board, how much we know that we love it and they hate it.

Anyway... everytime I cool off and then come on here again I get all perked up.

Okay, I think it goes like this:
    ~bathroom scene, switch to Ryan cleaning his wounds, bathroom scene again, call out then clip of all of them together, with Cal saying good morning and Eric smirking and Ryan worrying about his problem.

Now I don't know about that so call 'sex scene' some of you are hoping for INCLUDING ME, ahem, but I don't think it's gonna come, but I WANT IT TO, and, um, yeah. Let's hope for the best in this episode.

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a good Saturday. It's cold & rainy here, I shoulda stayed in Vegas :lol:

I really do hope that they keep the bathroom scene. I mean, c'mon something's gotta give if Eric is still wearing the same clothes that he wore in the previous episode. I know that he & Calleigh were going to talk about the pic and well talking can lead to so much more :devil: I am with most of you thinking that maybe Eric was going to drive past his place so he can change but because of the call out didn't have a chance to go out. I would love to see him trying to explain him not changing to someone in the lab, like Natalia or one of the other lab techs. :lol:

I for one am very happy with the direction that our 'ship is heading. It's TV yes, I know and am I little obsessed with it, yes probably. But hey its my escape from reality. The actors are content with the way their relationship is played out on TV as are some of the viewers.

Getting back to Eric being jealous, I still think it was played perfectly. For some people jealously is something that you can not easily hide. (I am guilty of that, but I am working on it) Was Eric wrong for being jealous, probably not. Only because we have seen him be jealous many times before. I think for Eric, he still can't believe that Calleigh is his and I guess would naturally wonder if its too good to be true. It would be out of character for Calleigh to show a jealous side, but I would still hope to see it.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, I mean either he stayed the night at Calleigh's unexpectedly or he just really has bad hygiene and didn't feel like changing his clothes, which I doubt. That'd be.. gross.:lol:

It probably will be mentioned that he's wearing the same clothes, if not then at least we know why. What would he say if somebody asked anyway? Because I don't think he'd tell the truth. That's understandable though.

But it's a careless mistake, if someone doesn't pick up on it then that'd be pretty surprising. With all the speculation from Ryan and now possibly Natalia..

Natalia did ask Ryan if he had proof when he mentioned that he thought something was going on. This is proof.. kind of, if they put it together. I'd like Natalia to say something to Eric.

6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

That does not look like the beginning. It looks like various scenes from the episode put together. The episode looks good but I do wonder why only Eric is wearing the same clothes he did in the last.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Well the problem is not only about avoiding a particular thread ,it's hard to avoid the negativity in most threads of the CSI miami forum.

I don't remember which poster was but the idea that this relationship is not the typical with the girl mooning over the male character is perfect to describe E/C.I like this becouse it respects Calleigh character as it was before.While she is more happy and relaxed now,she is not the typical cinderella(not that there is anything wrong with that).This doesn't change the essence of what she was.

Eric has always been my favorite character becouse like Delkolover said,he always had a good heart.I definely don't want to see again the man that said that natalia was " clear for landing" to Ryan.He respects woman now .

So overall thanks to this relationship both are better people now.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

There was a time when I read a lot of people posting that they wanted Calleigh to be more cheerful and flirty like she was in season one. Now that she is more like that Calleigh she's perceived as weak, I don't get that :confused:.

It would be funny to hear Eric try to explain to someone why he is repeating his outfit :lol:. Eric is so bad at hiding things that it would just be as transparent as when he tried to hide his jealousy from Ryan. I can just see him getting all flustered about it. :lol: Or maybe he just gets plain cocky and guy proud of it, IDK. :lol:

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

It was Dalhi who observed that this isn't a typical romance with the girl making eyes at the guy while the guy remains mostly oblivious or aloof. It was an excellent observation and I see nothing wrong with turning the classic relationship paradigm on its head.

I also don't want to see the old Eric again. Like you, I can tell that he's come a long way. He wasn't necessarily a "bad" or "disrespectful" guy when he went toothing (since they were all consenting adults) but it's just... Well, I'm glad he realized that he had to slow down and stop all the sleeping around if he ever expected to hold on to anything meaningful and long-term.

It sucks that it took a bullet to the brain and the loss of his sister to slow him down, but I won't say that I regret the better man he's become.

By the way, the comment about Natalia WAS disrespectful, and I'm glad that he's no longer the guy who would say such a thing.

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I completely agree with both of you. I don't have a problem with some viewers not liking E/C as a couple that's fine but I don't like that the bashing of the characters (i.e Calleigh acting like a dumb blonde) She wasn't, she had no reason to not believe it was Eric meeting her at the crime scene, especially since he called her shortly before the attack happened to say he was on his way.

Eric has changed a lot since being shot. He has always been a caring individual but he did have a way with the ladies. That changed after being shot, he's no longer like that.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  11. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks ginna.This thread is quite active so I can't keep up.It's not like is the same posters over and over.Every day someone new comes in.

Have to say that I do like Cinderella stories.I was hooked on a totally ridiculous Soap named passions so the point is that the writers have done E/C in a way that allows Calleigh to be the same as before.Of course,If I had a man so hot like Eric that respected me,supported me in all my troubles and at the same time be a wonderful kisser(I assume this),I would smile once in a while.To be fair,I would be grinning like an idiot had I been her.On the same hand,if my left man leaves me for a job I would be disappointed.

12. JoannaRose897

Oh wow, I forgot about that whole 'cleared for landing' comment Eric made about Ryan. It made me dislike him again.. but just for a minute. That was a totally disrespectful thing for him to say though.

Anyway, the thing is.. Calleigh knew about his toothing and how he was and she knows that he's changed. It's nice to see that none of that effects her decision to be with him now and that the past really is in the past.

hiphugger17, I agree with you. Calleigh is practically back to the way she used be back in season 1 and 2. And more than fair amount of people said they missed how she used to be.. but now that she is back to being that Calleigh, she's being seen as weak by some people. Which I disagree with. She doesn't seem at all weak to me. Since season 1 she has always been strong, and she still is. Honstly, it's always bugged me how she would never really rely on anyone for anything and how she had to keep up this whole strong image ('Pro Per'is one episode that comes to mind.) So if she relies on anyone now or leans on Eric (or anyone else, for that matter) for anything, I'd be happy to see that.

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

It's obvious that Eric has changed. The old Eric wouldn't have thought about settling down and having kids. He was a ladies man, now he only wants one lady and that's Calleigh :)

14. JoannaRose897

I don't mean to nag.. but please remember to post at least 3 lines of on topic dicussion. Otherwise the mods will come here and that's never fun for us or them.

Anyway, yes you are right. He's seemed ready to settle down for a while now. I mean, he's been into Calleigh since toward the end of season 5. She's the only one he wants. Even though the writers say that they aren't sure where they are taking the EC relationship.. I'm almost sure they'll end up together in the end of the series anyway. Only because it seems like there has been a lot of foreshadowing pertaining to these two.

Like the whole 'when I find the right girl' hint Eric let out in the My Nanny episode in season 6. He was obvious saying that Calleigh is the right girl for him. He's been in love with her this long, I doubt that's ever going to go away.

If the relationship doesn't last and they don't end up together in the end, I have to admit, I'm really interested to see how that would happen. (Why'd they break up, how would they handle it, if they'd ever get their friendship back) It's a bit depressing to think about.. but it could happen, though I don't think it will.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

At this point it would really surprise me if they don't end up together at the end of the series. Like you said, it could happen that they don't but the way they have written their relationship makes me pretty hopeful that they will. I could even dare go as far as saying that one of the big things happening in the end will have to do with a major step for these two. Even if, God forbid, one of them decided to leave the show I think they would find a way to include their relationship in the end. Something along the lines of Doug and Carol from ER or Grissom and Sara. Even though these weren't at the end of the series the one that left first was brought back when the second one left.

We are halfway through this thread already...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.