Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

This is funny, but you described it very well and I agree it really can be in their genetic code.:lol:
    On the other hand I don't think it's so weird, that he's grinning like a fool and it's hard for him to not do this, I mean he has just spent the night (obviously very eventful;)) with his beloved girlfriend. So considering that he's probably recreating the memorable events in his head all over again when he meets her at the crime scene I'd say it's pretty natural reaction:devil:.

I admit you might be right. Though on the one hand it's hard to believe that after 7.16 they haven't been together yet. We know she took him home with her, made him a dinner, so it's natural for us to suspect, that they might spent that night together. But of course it doesn't have to mean they had sex.:confused:
    But I agree with you, maybe they really haven't been together yet and that could explain how he acts the next morning on the crime scene and like you said his earlier insecurity. Maybe they are trying to take things slow, because this relationship is very precious and important for both of them. I'm not quite convinced about it, but I guess something might be in it.

2. loveec

loveec Guest

OKay even if it was dumb to wear the same cloth the day after..he could have thought he would swing by his place before he does to work in the morning but if they get the call he has to go...he probably figured he will change at some point during the day...I think to may be justify his actions.

And if Ryan is kidnapped even if they are not best friends they are partners...and buddies so his explanation could possibliy be working late...and slept in a lab...(but i highly doubt that)...

But I think they (Calleigh and Eric) were in a rush and did not think about wearing the same cloth the next day thing...but I just want to see something sexy or intimate between them ...I could careless if they both wear the same cloth for days....can not wait till monday and I really hope they show us something cute!!!!

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I'm thinking that they have had sex before, surely they have... especially that night after he got out of the detention center. I think what puts the grin on Eric's face after Calleigh tells him "good morning" is that they made love that morning and thus, Eric is thinking to himself "yeah it was a good morning!". :drool: He's thinking about the sex they had earlier!

4. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

I'm also thinking that this isn't the "first time". Like I said, it's probably more like really good "we had a mini-fight and it escalated into really hot passionate love making" type of encounter.
    I'll admit that it's hard to hide your feelings when something that good happens to you, especially when the person that it happened with is in the vicinity. My whole thing is that I just don't want to add more fuel to the "they are so out of character and it's taking over everything" fire. The clothes are going to do it enough, but then again it is a pretty clever way to alert us viewers that they have spent the night together (although the bathroom scene...dear Lord let there still be a bathroom scene...will do that nicely too).

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I'm pretty sure I adore you over here. I never thought about the fact that Eric is really the one kind of swooning over Calleigh, but you're absolutely right. TPTB didn't put Calleigh in a stereotypical female role- "Oh, I'm so in love, let me be a doormat for you, boyfriend! You're talking to another girl? That hurts me! I'm so jealous!". God knows what a field day the people who dislike E/C would have with that.

And I never understood why anyone would want the "old Delko" back. He was an immature playboy who needed to grow up. Taking care of Marisol started that process, but I think it was the shooting that completed it. He needed some kind of a wake-up call, and while it didn't have to be getting shot in the head, it certainly got the job done.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I always loved Eric but found him so inmature at times. The toothing was the worst! He did need to grow up. When the show started lets say he was around 25 or 26 years old and him maturing between that age and 33ish is only natural and needed. I like that right now he is at a place where he can see himself settling down and starting a family. It's one thing being a palyboy at 25 and a whole different one being a playboy at 35, etc. So that maturing had to be there somewhere. I always liked that even though he liked going out and having fun and had lots of girlfriends, he was in essence a good guy. He really cared for his family, took care of his sister, defended women (like the time he got in trouble for helping out the lady back in season 1 or 2 and then the one that sued him in season 5). So that Eric has always been there and still is. What has changed is that now he grew up, took responsability and found someone he loves and wants to settle down with. Also the insecurity stuff, but I think that with time and patience he'll get to be the secure guy he once was.

7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I thought he had the same clothes on, lol! Ok, my theory is maybe he did go to Calleigh's for a little dinner, a little talking about the horse guy and planned on going home...but...got into it and he did end up spending the night unexpectedly. Since they had a late night, maybe they woke up a little late in the morning, but still had time for Eric to go home and change. That's where we get the bathroom scene. Then they both get calls from Horatio to come to the crime scene, so that idea of him going home was scratched. He had no choice to wear what he wore the day before. Of course Calleigh got to change because she was probably home and Ryan got to change because, well he got home in time to nurse his wounds, shower and put on some clean, non-bloody, clothing.

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Wow, I sleep in and we've almost filled up a new page! :lol:

Alright, we've ascertained that Eric is most definitely wearing the same clothes from the previous day. We're still waiting to see if he can't help but smile at Calleigh as he enters the scene with Ryan.

I won't mind if he smiles at her. It'll be just a smile, right? He won't be saying "hey babe" and putting his arm around her. He won't be biting his lip and waggling his eyebrows. It'll be just a smile. :)
    By the way, at this point I frankly don't care if such a gesture has the effect of pissing anyone off. There are certain viewers who've picked apart every single possible moment between E/C that can be interpreted as romantic, significant to the relationship, flirtatious, or even totally platonic, and put a negative spin on all of it. They've also moved beyond the relationship to Calleigh as an individual, Eric as an individual, and the entire CSI team. They've torn them all down based on the influence they think this one relationship has on the CSI:Miami universe.

SO... if that's gonna be the way they see things, I feel bad for them (because I wouldn't want one of my favorite shows ruined by a constant compulsion to assume the worst about every action and interaction) but I also think it'd be pretty pointless for the writers to hold anything back in order to placate them since they're gonna be outraged by every infinitesimal detail anyway (which is their right, I know; I'm not saying they ought to stop).

Moving on...

Darn you people! You're getting my hopes up about a brief glimpse of a sex scene! I'm supposed to keep my expectations low! I admit, it would be spectacular to see such a thing, even for 3 seconds (or more :devil:), but if it ends up not happening, someone BETTER write a fanfic about it, srsly. I admit, I'm not above reading a PWP fic every now and then. :drool:

9. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Eric is definitely wearing the same clothes ! I think it'll
    be when they talk that night about the horse guy photo they where probably just expecting to have dinner and talk but much more ended up happening! :drool: wich reads to the bathroom scene!!!
    I'm really wanting them to smille at each other in front of Ryan! :lol:

About the salsa video I can't really imagine them dancing that fearsly! :lol:

10. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I think we have a much better chance of seeing the smile than we do the bathroom scene. Which is fine. Adam/Eric has an amazing, adorable smile. He's gorgeous. So I wouldn't mind seeing that.

BUT if we do get the bathroom scene, and by this point I'm almost positive we will... is Eric going to be shirtless?? I just vaguely remember hearing or seeing Emily say something about filming a scene with Adam while he was shirtless. I don't remember.

Anyway, yeah.. we know that he's wearing th same clothes. He probably didn't have time to go home and change and staying over at Calleigh's was probably not planned at all.

They're going to keep complaining and picking apart every little thing. If they dislike it all that much they could just stop watching the show. Will they? Probably not. It's just something we, and everyone else will have to deal with.

If we don't want to hear about it, then the smart thing would be to just ignore such threads and comments directed toward our ship and other characters that are being torn down.

At this point, every little thing between EC.. romantic or not is most likely going to be criticized. It's their right, like you said. Just like it's our right to think it's uneccesary and uncalled for.:rolleyes:

Right?!
    I'm almost sure that will never happen. Though, I don't know why.. They've shown like glimpses of murder victms and other people having sex on Miami, or at least leading up to that in like flashbacks and such. Why not Eric and Calleigh?

I think my hopes about this episode are already pretty high up when it comes to EC.. although they shoudln't be since this episode is like about, Ryan.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

First, I'd like to remind everyone AGAIN, I've done it several times and it doesn't seem to be sinking in, BUT videos are NOT allowed in this thread UNLESS they are promos that contain your ship. Videos that have absolutely nothing to do with E/C are not permitted here or in the video thread. I shouldn't have to keep removing videos again and again because the rules aren't followed.

Other viewers/posters have a right to their opinions even if you do not agree with them. As long as they are not bashing anybody, it is perfectly acceptable. I suggest you ignore the negative comments about your ship and please do not mention others when they do not share the same opinion as you.

thanks

12. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I hope this isn't wrong to write anything about this but people have done it before ...
    So I was bored and I thought I would see what people at the E/C dislike thread said .. I actually found it funny what they said they're are just looking for excuses .. anyways they were saying that there is no real communication bettween Eric and Calleigh because of the horse guy photo thing and that they had to talk about in private well duh..! that was what they were going to do that night and it was something that wasn't important so they didn't talk about it any other time .. it was also said that Calleigh should've left Eric because of the jealous photo thing (wich I thought it was adorable the way he was jealous and Calleigh just smiled :) ) and that we will never see the old normal Calleigh .. I think she is obviously more like the old Calleigh she is smilling more and much happier .
    I also read that they said this is not the Eric and Calleigh show c'mon we only get a couple of minutes of hiphugger moments each episode! if it was the eric and Calleigh show we would get 43-45 min. of hiphuggers (I wish! :D) !

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I completly agree with you, I guess some people watch this show only to be able to complain about Calleigh, Eric, their relationship and how it ruined the show in every possible way, what is pretty sad though it's their right like Joanna said:lol:. Everyone can express his own opinion, I just think it's funny how much attention they have been paying to every little detail about E/C.
    So I say one thing, if it please them so much I truely hope there will be plenty scenes with Eric and Calleigh and their relationship, cause it seems that it not only make us happy, but give the others reason to complain and it looks like they really enjoy doing it:). So I guess everyone will be happy, which is I suppose a good thing.

As for the next episode, just like you Ginna I really am trying not to expect too much, but it's not that easy when I'm thinking about the bathroom scene:drool:. I also would like to see although a little glimpses of events which happened the night before. I don't think a subtle, short scene would be so inappropriate.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Like I said at the end of my next paragraph, I know that certain viewers have every right to their opinions/perspectives and I'm not saying that they ought to stop voicing them. I'm also not necessarily referencing anyone on this message board. But if you'd like, I won't mention anything about anyone, whether they're participants on this board or not, who doesn't share the same opinion I do about E/C.

I'd like to ask you a question, though (and if it's not appropriate for this thread, let me know and we can take this to PM's instead): what exactly constitutes "bashing"? Should I go by the dictionary definition, or is there a special understanding that I should apply to this forum? Is there a clear explanation in an FAQ or in the rules to which you can direct me?

And I haven't said anything about E/C in this post, which makes it against-the-rules, so... here I go...

I'll say that I hope the spoilers are accurate. The bathroom scene will make me happy, and I've decided that I don't necessarily need to see anything "more" at this point. If something "more" is ever going to be shown, I say - save it for later. Don't show us EVERYTHING juicy just as the relationship goes canon. I can wait a few more episodes, or even into the next season, to see anything "more" between the two. After all, if they show everything now, what kind of amazing tidbits are we gonna get later? Anyone else think so?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I want to see both scenes we got from the spoilers. It doesn't matter that it is a Ryan-centric episode those scenes will take what? 1.5 min of the show?? So I don't care that both of them are in there, in fact I want both of them to be in there ;). I love that we are seeing progression in their relationship, that it has not been left behind just because it went cannon, and that we've been able to see them in different situations throughout these episodes. It was torture when episode after episode went by and NOTHING about what was going on between them was acknowledge, that was pretty unrealistic. So I'm glad that after all we've waited for them to get together the writers are pleasing the BIG fan base that EC has and giving us these moments. We were certainly due ;). So monday, yes....both scenes :thumbsup:! Eric smiling :), Ryan with his secrets comment :lol:, bathroom scene :drool:.

I think that when you watch, write, analyze, scrutinize, talk everywhere about, dissect, etc... something you don't like, it gets even more frustrating and in your face than what it actually is ;).

I also would like to know the exact definition of bashing as interpreted in this forum :). I've been wondering about that :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.