Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

hey guys i thought the daydream was cute. He's deeply in love with her. I think they made a wrong move if eric is wearing the same clothes he wore in 7.19. specially if Ryan suspects.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

sometimes I think people look too hard for or at certain things...so much so that after a while they start seeing a speckled cow behind every bush! :lol:

Give the guy a break and the "strain" she so refers to was like 5 seconds long and while I will admit he was jealous, I don't think (even though I know from the spoilers) that it "strained" them or put their relationship in trouble in any way. They have waited this long to get together, I don't think a little picture and a phone number of someone who happened, or didn't happen, before them is going to strain or break them up :rolleyes:

I don't get that at all...how could he be sooo stupid to think that no one would notice he had the same clothes on from the day before? Especially since Ryan suspects something already and there is supposed to be a scene where Eric and Ryan show up at the crime scene and Cal says good morning to him and Eric can't wipe the eat sh*t grin off his face...NO, no one would think that they are sleeping together :rolleyes:

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Right?! The stupidity of that seriously almost makes me want to laugh.

By Eric wearing the same clothes and Ryan already suspecting him and Calleigh, Eric is basically just telling everyone 'Yeah, we're sleeping together.'

I don't care though, I really already think that they're going to end up outing themselves.. probably by accident at the rate things are going.

I'm excited for Monday's epsiode, I really want to see this EC stuff and if Eric is in the same outfit or just something extremely similar looking.

Maybe he wasn't planning on staying over at Calleigh's.. so he didn't have a change of clothes? But who knows..:)

4. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

I completely agree with the both of you. I know its wishful thinking, but I can just imagine a cute little fluffy scene with Eric being all hestitant and testing her by saying it, or skirting around saying it for a while... just because he's worried about laying 'too much too soon' on her. And then maybe she'll surprise us (and him :p) by just giving him a look of utter adoration and saying something like "Duh, I love you too!" but of course, it would be drawled gracefully and more eloquently Duquesne style.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Even though it may be wishful thinking if it did happen like that it actually would make sense. I guess it just reminds me that she was the one that planted not one but two kisses while he was speaking. It would've been more obvious to assume he would be the one initiating the kiss but it was her. So Calleigh surprising us and beating him to the punch so to speak would actually go with what's been going on.

Still the pessimist in me don't think we'll get to see it but we never know...;)

6. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I agree with Delkolover and JoannaRose897 I dont know what they both are thinking:wtf:. They both are trying to keep it a secret but by Eric wearing the same clothes he telling EVERYONE hey i slept with Calleigh.They're trying to keep it a secret and they still do mistakes.

But still i'm happy for them and i can't wait for Monday when we see the bathroom scene and all the rest of Hiphugger scenes:scream::adore:

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I think viewers that don't like this pairing are looking for the smallest things to pick why they shouldn't be together. Daydream aside, I've seen nothing wrong with Eric and Calleigh's scenes. I don't see her as a dumb blonde, she was expecting Eric to come to the crime scene she had no reason to believe someone else was there other than Eric. To me Calleigh is still the same person she was before, it is so like her to think of the evidence before herself. I still see her as a strong character.

I had to rewatch the scenes from this past episode and the promo for the upcoming episode. Eric definately has on the same clothes he did in the last one. It's no wonder Ryan brings up their relationship once again.

8. sten

sten Victim

actually, I think Ryan has the same clothes, too, it looks to me.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I didn't notice that. I just rewatched the promo, he does. Good eye! It's odd though. I mean from the spoilers I know Eric spends the night with Calleigh and obviously that Ryan has been kidnapped but I would think they would change their clothes. Don't they have a change of clothes in their locker? It just looks odd since Calleigh changed what she was wearing and the guys still have on the same clothes they had on the day before.

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Hi sten, welcome to the board! We're happy to have you here and to engage in discussion with you about Eric and Calleigh. You should keep in mind, though - there are special rules for "shipper" threads like this one.

You have to post at least three lines (not three sentences, three lines) of on-topic discussion.

I'm not trying to yell at you or anything, just letting you know before the moderators come in and remind us.

Now... for MY three lines...

I'd like to say that, overall, I'm pleased with the current progression of Eric and Calleigh as a couple. I think it's been handled modestly. It hasn't been ignored since 716 and it also hasn't been overwhelming. I think there's been a lovely balance between acknowledging the relationship - showing us (the audience) glimpses of its progression and its first official "snag" (the jealousy) - and focusing on the cases.

I also think that, while the characters have certainly changed (because who here can say that they HAVEN'T changed, in small and in drastic ways, over the last 7 years?), the writers haven't "made them into completely different people" or "made them ridiculous and unlikable".

I know, I'm responding to a conversation that isn't taking place in this thread... but I had no other place to say it and I really wanted to get it off my chest. Apologies.

11. loveec

loveec Guest

I think so much is made about Eric getting jealous! I think it's so normal to go to through a lot of different feelings if it's your first major relationship...especially if you really have not been in one before...Calleigh has been in other long-term relationship so she may handle it better...so Eric has his players ways to thank for that...I mean his lack of long-term relationship expirience but it's okay because Calleigh cares for him to help him sort through his feelings....

I really think Calleigh has just the same deep feelings for Eric as he has for her...He's feeling are more visible because of everything he went through and he is more open about it...she is more guarded with her feelings because of all thoes no good men she dated...

And as for the scene when Calleigh gets attached in the house..once the attacker leaves she know she okay but she also believes he left an evidence behind so she can concentrate on the case but Eric does not know what happen to her so his concern will be for her...even if it's Ryan that came through the door or Natalia they will be concerned and protective of Calleigh than the case because they really did not know what happen ...all she said was "the attacker came back" that's scary..and if she's your girlfreind you will be more worried...so I think Calleigh was focused on the case because she knows she's okay and nothing happened to her but Eric does not know that!!!!

I went on and on but am done now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Okay, I have alot to catch up on:

~About Cal's smile to Eric's jealousy: She found it a bit sweet that he cares so much about her to be so jealous. And I think she found it quite funny, but didnt want to laugh cause he'd get hurt, because she and the guy weren't looking for a relationship but simply riding horses. Calleigh hasnt rode one in a long time and she likes the fact that she can now, so that's why IMO I think she has his number still.

~I thought I was the only one that picked up on Eric being too emotional over Calleigh. TONS of reasons for that! Love. Care. Gunshot to the head. Finally settling down in hopes of a future with this woman. Those are some, but seriously his emotions are way more than a woman in this case. Like the day dream, which was cute to me, seemed more of a girl's fantasy. Emotion means that he's into this relationship and far away from straying at all. Cal on the other hand is taking it slowly and really enjoying it. I wonder if he's obssessed?

13. loveec

loveec Guest

Well I do not think he's obssessed I think he's just happy to be with her and I think the first time your are really in love you have not expirienced heart break (unless you count the time she chose Jake over him) so if the person is right in this case he really loves and cares for Calleigh he's more willing to jump in because he's happy to be with her...but Calleigh from her dad...to Hagen to Jake has expieinced heart break and disappointments so she is more hesitant to let loose and daydream and such because she does not want to get hurt again....

But if you really think about it she has been there to pick up the pieces for him even at the expense of her career (with the cheat sheets) and such and she would not do that for and other person but she did it for Eric...so she is there too with the deep care and love thing...I believe!

14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I know on another thread that there's complaints about how much physical peril Calleigh has been placed in over the last couple of seasons. I think I know why, from a writer's standpoint. Okay you have this incredibly independent, strong-willed and capable character that's always in control of herself at all times. Emotional upheaval, while traumatic, is something that she's learned to compartmentalize away because it isn't useful at that particular moment, like at work. It's so not professional to be a basket case on the job, even if the circumstances surrounding it are known to all and any cathartic emotional reaction would be completely understandableand acceptable (Hagen's suicide). Loss of control=unacceptable/unprofessional behavior. Now, physical peril/illness/injury is completely out of the realm of personal control and cannot be compartmentalized away for later scrutiny. It demands to be dealt with immediately and lack of personal control often comes into play. So, for a character like Calleigh, physical peril/illness/injury is far more character building/emotionally maturing thing for her to experience. It forces her to let go and allow help from the outside, no matter how difficult that is for her.

Eric, through his bullet wound, and personal witness to Marisol's cancer, has already learned this and I think that's why he's been so patient with her and her indecision and fear of the unknown. He's been forced to let others see his need for help and has learned to accept it and grow from it. So, he really has matured from the immature "player" he was in past seasons. I believe that's why when Calleigh was nearly run over and then abducted and had unwillingly had a life slip through her fingers and nearly lost her own, he has been nurturing, reassuring and supportive. It's not puppy-dog infatuation, but a deep, visceral understanding of just what she has been going through/is still going through and his deep affection for her starting out as friendship and evolving into love that makes him behave the way he does with her. He's been there and done that and understands where she is.

Yipe! I just read this over and it sounds like a psych eval from a therapist! It stems from writing quarterly evaluations on Special Ed. students....report cards are sent home next week. Sorry.

Does anyone agree or disagree? Minds of fictional characters are soooo fun to play with.

15. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I completely agree. I don't get the complaints either. The things that happened to Calleigh and Eric all helped develop or rather strengthen their weaknesses. Without the bullet, Eric would (might) still be a player and would never grow up and think like a real adult. Well, the daydream is pretty normal, we all have our own inner childish self at times ;) And Calleigh, we all saw her grow and become more serious compared to the past seasons and without the events that happened to her (e.g. Hagen or her dad), I doubt that she would have become what she is right now. So, imo, everything happens for a purpose..and I think it's all in the process of helping them grow and learn from their mistakes.

when I read the first few lines of your post, I was like..errr my brain's kinda like Pentium 1..So I had to read it again :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.