Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hey guys, let me just remind you that you have to have at least 3 lines of on topic discussion (that means EC) per post. We have a lot of new members (our little crazy Hiphuggers community is not so little anymore) and there will be more and more new people around here, so let's try to follow the rules, we wouldn't want mods to be mad at us, right? ;)

Anyway, back on topic...

I bet we're gonna get that scene at the beginning. My guess is that it's the writers' way of telling us that Cal and Eric are okay and that Eric's jealousy the day before hadn't done any harm to their relationship. Personally, I'm just looking forward to Adam being topless... I hope he will be...

Good question Ginnna! :thumbsup: I think that smile meant something like: "Aww... I'm so flattered that you're jealous about me and are afraid of loosing me, but you seriously have no reason to feel that way, because you have me."

Since we're asking these questions (by the way, great idea Ginnna), I'm gonna ask one too...

When do you think Calleigh and Eric will say 'I love you' to each other? Have they already said it? Are we ever going to hear them say it on the show? Should we hear it on the show or is it too much?

Okay, this wasn't one question, it was more, four to be exact...

2. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

It is a very good question! :) I think it would be so nice to hear it! It would have been so sweet. If we're lucky enough to hear it, I don't know. If I think they've said it yet..hmm... no I don't, I still think it's a little early. At least we all see how much they care for each other, and love each other. Eric would not just throw it out to her without her being ready for it. If he hasn't already, he will probably find the perfect moment to say it. And Calleigh will say it back:thumbsup:

Maybe we'll get to see it in the season finale or something? Anyone know anything about it yet? :)

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't know if the writers will incorporate this into any of the episodes because on one hand they know this has been something we've all been waiting for so long and that's why they throw in little things here and there about Calleigh and Eric's relationship. On the other hand, this is a drama/mystery based show and they wouldn't want to turn it into a soap opera. We have shows like "Grey's Anatomy" that take us into the personal lives of the characters a little deeper, but CSI Miami has always been about crime investigation and I dont think they want to take away from the show itself. Although it would make us incredibly happy to get that, I will admit, but we all know that it may not happen in words, but probably in actions.
    Eric is already in love with her and she is really on the brink, so we may see them sharing their special moments on screen such as hugs, kisses, glances, and a few words, but I dont think we'll get a full blown scene of them saying "I love you". Its just too intimate for the show. They will probably eventually make it known theyve said it when they announce they're getting married or someone finds out they are by noticing a ring on Calleighs finger, possibly the latter. Maybe we would even hope to get a brief date scene and Eric proposes, but I dont think they'll make them profess their love to each other on screen, let alone because of the theme of the show itself.

He definitely is wearing the same clothes, shirt and jacket...unless he changes his pants, but the are the same from what I see. It shows where he spent the night but I would like to know if Ryan or even Natalia will notice. I mean, why would you add more ammo and give them reason to speculate?? They should have at least made him go home and change or have a change of clothes in his locker.

From the spoilers I've read, Ryan does make mention about secrets to both, but I read Calleigh just stares at him in surprise...maybe thats when Eric does tell him to keep his head in the case... don't know what will eventually take place, but all I know is it's Thursday and I'm getting very anxious!

Question:
    I hear that Stetler's back for the episode, do you think he will be on to Calleigh and Eric in this one or will he just be there for other reasons?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that sometimes people just read way too much into things. I mean from a daydream and a "why is this guy's phone number in your cel?" to fixation and being "too into" someone.... that's a bit of a leap, IMO. Saying someone is fixated on another or "too into" someone is a big deal. I think that if daydreaming and jealousy are indications of fixation then there are LOTS of people out there who are fixated on their significant other.

I know that we disect things here until there's nothing left but I think we make a good point of differentiating between what happened and what is speculation. I guess what kind of bothers me (and I'm not saying this just because of the review) is that sometimes I've read things that are speculation being established as facts. I wouldn't be surprised if from now on Eric is branded as fixated and everything he does from now on will be looked through the "he is too into her, it's not healthy" glass. Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

I also think that this relationship (don't know exactly why) has created A LOT of controversy and people are very attentive to everything that goes on with them. It's not a surprise that WE are paying close attention, but it has kind of surprised me that people who are against it are paying the same amount of close attention as to dissect every single thing the same way we do but against the pairing. It is my very personal opinion that GSR is not a good pairing, so since I didn't like it I paid as little attention as possible and even stopped watching LV for a while. I'm not saying this is what people who don't like EC should do, I'm just saying that since this was my reaction this close scrutiny from the dislikes has surprised me a lot.

I think that EC is being presented in a way that not a lot of TV couples are presented. A quote from Friends comes to mind (sorry Friends fanatic here ;)) when Pheobe was trying to get Chandler to admit he and Monica were seeing each other. When he said he couldn't go on with their little game and admitted he was in love with Monica, Pheobe responded "I knew you guys were doing it but I didn't know you were in love". I don't think this couple is/will be presented as just doing it and teasing, and flirting, but actually falling in love and going somewhere. Again, just my opinion ;).

So I do think that Eric hasfallen in love with her, that he doesn't want to lose her, and that there'll be a couple of adjustments and things he'll have to get used to. So if daydreaming about her makes him a little fixated, then IDK, but I guess I've always been a little fixated on the guys I've liked and now of course on my husband :lol:.

Oops my post became a little rant, sorry...

I don't think they have already said it. I think that it is most likely that it'll be let known by them having a long term relationship and through their actions, like VirGodess1923 said. If they were to say it then, IMO, it will probably be somewhere next season. It's funny cause I've been thinking about that and trying to come up with possible scenarios of how it could happen. I still haven't been able to come up with anything, though.

5. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think they haven't said it yet, it's still to early, though I'm sure he'd like to say it to her as soon as it possible;). But I guess he knows it shouldn't be too fast, cause it'd make more harm then good.

As for when they will say it, well it's hard to say. Though I suppose they won't wait long, especially Eric. He loves her very much, so I guess when he find the right moment he'll say it to her. And who knows, maybe something happened when they spent the night together after 7.19:confused:?

While I'd love to see it happening on the show I truley doubt it ever will. It's still a crime show, so I guess it just could be too much. If we'll be lucky enough maybe they although mention something about it, but I don't think we're gonna hear them saying I love you.

6. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Well, this is just my opinion but I have to agree I don't get how people think Eric's response is creepy because his response is very natural of someone who is in a new relationship. Regardless of how long they have know each other it is completely different when you are involved with the person. I think they did this for two reason it was a way to push their relationship forward for the audience without actually have to show the audience and it also showed the depth of Eric's feelings. I think if eric had no reaction then that would be weird but who wouldn't want to understand why the person you are involved with has a number in their phone on someone they were interested in at some point. I thought the episode truly showed Eric's insecurities I don't think it was really jealousy more him being confused and feeling unstable in how calleigh feels for him. Considering who these characters are it makes sense from what I got they are together but eric still hasn't heard what he needs to hear from her to make him feel secure. I liked how he asked ryan for the date which means he doesn't know if she is in this with him and the relief on his face was priceless. From the audience point of view we saw more how eric felt then calliegh but her character is less emotional then his eric feelings we have always know her's are not as prominent but they don't want to give to much to us we will see more from her later. As they are together longer eric will be more secure in that relationship but i think he just wanted her to reassure him

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Personally... I'm looking forward to the same thing! :devil:

Hehe, I do that all the time... I say I'm going to ask A question and then end up asking SEVERAL. :alienblush: By the way, this freaky alien thing is the closest emoticon I could find to represent "blushing".

Anyway... I think Eric is ready to say it. I think he's been ready to say it since mid-season 5. He basically said it without actually saying it in 714. I think Calleigh needs more time to get to the same point as Eric. I know she does love him, but I think she still needs to break down a lot more emotional walls before she can express her love as openly as I think he could right now.

No, I don't think they've said it yet. I think Eric senses that she's not ready, and I think Calleigh is mature enough to say it when she feels comfortable saying it, when she can let herself say it freely, without fear or apprehension.

I think we will hear it, if only once or twice. I don't know if it's "appropriate" or not, but personally... I don't think CSI Miami has to be boxed into being "one particular thing forever without exception". The writers, producers, creators, etc, they can occasionally push boundaries and think outside the box if they so choose. If they do it carefully, I think they could occasionally pull off adding a little more character drama without making it into G.A. or Bones.

A bunch of us went over this a while back in the thread (or maybe in the previous thread, I can't recall at the moment). There were several theories, but I think the majority assumed that Stetler will be back for Ryan, and he'll stumble upon the E/C romance purely by chance.

9. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I agree Ginnna I also think Calleigh has to brake some more walls she has lock herself in since her past realtionships.If Calleigh enexpectidly kissed Eric and himself was surprised. And we might get the 7.20 scene then i think were gonna get the I Love You pretty soon.:thumbsup:
    Calleigh is not reay yet i know Eric knows shes not. Eric is ready since when.but im pretty sure we'll get it soon. :)

Hey maybe Thats the scene that delkolover said corey was gonna write in 7.22 I think :confused:. BUt It could happen;)

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't think Eric's love for Calleigh will turn into a fixation either. His reaction was a natural one. What guy wouldn't get jealous at that?

As for his daydream, come on we've all had daydreams. Granted, I felt it was unnecessary in that episode, but it isn't out of the ordinary for people to daydream.

Eric has always been like this though, his emotions do get in the way of his work. Things get to him easily, same with Ryan. It's what gets them into trouble.

11. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I'm really not sure if we'll ever hear that but I would love to !! I probably think they have already said it to each other and It would definitely not be too much on the show!!:)

The bathroom scene is gonna be so awesome !!!! so hot!! so sexy!! :drool::):lol: I can't wait to see it!! and wow hopefully shirtless Eric!! :drool:. Do we know if there are gonna be anymore hiphugger moments ?apart from the ones when they talk to Ryan..

12. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

I completely agree.

While I loved the daydream, don't get me wrong, I felt it was put in there so that the marketing part of CBS & CSI:Miami could use it to grab us HipHuggers for the episode. Of course, it worked but I also don't think it was necessary. I, for one, was going to tune in anyway and would have much rather been surprised by the scene or had it be a true life ending to another episode later down the road. By making it a daydream, it was cute but also invited more flack than I think was needed.

But...that's just my opinion...take it with a grain of salt LOL

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I agree with everything you said, Ginnna.

I think Calleigh does love Eric, but there is a big difference in having those feelings and knowing than actually voicing them and saying 'I love you'. That takes more and Calleigh isn't quite at that step yet, most likely. Eric knows that and obviously he's willing to wait. They just got together and he's probably been at the point of saying he loves her for a while now.. he is probably waiting until he knows she's absolutely okay with that.

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Well I agree with your opinion. I loved the daydream but it was not necessary for the episode. It was out of place.

The only thing I agreed with Kristine's review was about Ryan's lack of airtime. I love Eric and Calleigh but I love Ryan too and I am glad he's getting a storyline!

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I completly don't understand why people think, that man can't dream about his girlfriend at work. Is it so weird that he's daydreaming about someone who he truley love and care about. It's not that he's doing it all the time or it's affecting his job. I also do it sometimes at work, maybe I'm not a csi, but still it's work. And I as well as my co-workers don't think I'm insane.;)
    And I definitely don't think he's too into Calleigh at all. What is so inappropriate in being jealous. I know a lot of men who would react exactly the same way and I don't think they are obsessed. He's deeply involved, so it's normal he's a bit jealous.

I watched the promo for 7.20 and I agree that it looks like Eric has the same cloths as he had in 7.19, which is weird, casue Calleigh changed hers. So maybe he stayed at her apartment and didn't have new cloths with him. Though it'd be odd since Ryan suspects something already, it can be his proof.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.