The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

And in that aspect the internet is a devil.... At least if your boyfriend or husband had to cheat on you ....He had to leave to house and stay away at odd hours .....Being a little personal here....Had a friend who´s husband got caught in a tent by the police...They were vorried if the car parked a bit away was stolen. Becasuse it was parked in the "outback".

But trust in a committed relationship or in dating is a tricking thing.
    How did you gals handle jealousy? Or your man having girl - friends?

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Good questions, AJ, but I fear my original comments have been taken off on a tangent and now we're swirving into being the "Men are from Mars/ Women are from Venus" thread! :lol:

Maybe we should step back into "over 30" stuff before the Mods notice our digression... ;)

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Good idea :) Thanks Baba :)

So I was out shopping the other day and was looking at DVD's and a blast from the past came starring out at me. Adam-12 is now out on DVD. Now that was an interesting show from my younger days. Next thing you know they'll have The Dick Van Dyke Show on dvd.

4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Adam-12. :) I'd totally forgotten about that show. It's making me try to remember the shows I used to watch as a kid...S.W.A.T. , Emergency, The Rookies to name a few. Hadn't thought about those shows in forever.

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

OMG, I use to love the Rookies. Michael Ontkean was my very first tv crush, I think. I was like 5. Same as Emergency, Johnny Gage...yummy. I have this Retro tv station that plays Emergency now and I watch it and just Laugh my ass off. They play Adam 12 too, but I was never a fan of that show. I so wish they would play The Rookies. Ya know Michael Ontkean has aged well. Does anyone remember the movie "Making Love" he was in? He played a married man, to Kate Jackson, and figured out he was gay. Okay, me as a little kid took me some time to figure out what gay was. Lets just say I was not into slash back then. OMG, I cried and cried....

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, I loved Emergency and I remember The Rookies too.

Now why this show popped in my head, I don't know, but do you remember BJ and The Bear?

I thought Greg Evigan was hot and you just gotta love the chimp! :lol: I really loved that show.

Another show I thought was great and wished it was more than one season was WKRP In Cincinnati. That was a great cast.

Ah the memories! :) Gee, life was much simpler back then, of course I wasn't an adult yet, so of course it was. :lol:

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

BJ and the Bear....:lol:
    How about the Dukes of Hazard, The Waltons, Starsky and Hutch, and Hart to Hart.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

WKRP ran for four seasons: 1978 to 1982
    The New WKRP ran for two seasons: 1991 to 1993

While Jennifer (Loni Anderson) was pretty, I had a crush on Bailey (Jan Smithers). Sort of like that Ginger vs Mary Ann debate for Gilligan's Island.

Also, there was a new Adam 12 from 1990 to 1991. I think some episodes can be seen at hulu.com.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Oh Man, I'm having childhood flashbacks thanks to this convo.

I can't believe I didn't get into B.J. and the bear. I liked the show but it's wasn't like in my top ten of childhood shows. Odd too, since Greg Evigan is typically the type of guy I like, dark hair, nice body..and I love monkeys, chimps, gorilla's ect.

Starsky and Hutch would also be up in my top tv shows and of course I was all over Starsky.

My family loved WKRP in Cincinnati, so we watched it a lot. Same with the Waltons, eeeek.

Does anyone remember how they use to have the 'Battle of the network stars" I loved them. Back then we only had like what ABC,CBS and NBC channels, maybe a few others, but those were the main ones. Mark Harmon was on a show called 240 Roberts and yes I was so in love with that man. He was great in the competitions on that BOTNS

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I stand corrected! I don't know why I always had it in my head it ran for one season. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Starsky, I was all over that too. That was a great show. Great chemistry. I love cop buddies shows/movies where they can be funny too.

'Battle of the Network Stars' oh yeah, that was great. I remember it always seemed like a big thing when they had it on.

The 'Simon Says' part was always funny. :guffaw:

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh my what a blast from the past we're having today :) And I'm having a fan girl moment or two here thinking about these shows :lol:

The Rookies. I hadn't thought of that one for years.

SWAT. Another very good one. I think this is were I started to like Robert Urich :drool: He was also good in Vegas and Spenser for Hire.

Starsky and Hutch. I was more a Hutch fan but I did like both

BJ and the Bear. Oh Greg Evigan was oh so :drool:

I used to watch Emergency as well. Yes I loved Johnny Gage :)

I never did watch the Waltons or WKRP in Cincinnati. Neither show interested me.

See how much fun we can have by just the mention of an oldie like Adam-12.

Ok who watched the Partridge Family or am I really dating myself here :)

Another thing that to me is funny is you always see these actors from the past as as they were when you watched them on TV. I just looked up Michael Ontkean and found out that he turned 63 this past January.

eta; I forgot to add that I also Watched Battle of the Network Stars. Another goodie :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Lets see ...

Swat, Vega$, Adam 12, Emergency, BJ and the Bear, seen every episode of all them.

Also watched Dukes of Hazard, Enos, Riptide, Magnum P.I., Airwolf, Hardcastle and McCormick, Miami vice, The Hardy Boys, Battlestar Galactica, (always had a thing for Starbuck which is probably why I never could get into the new version :lol:) Space 1999 and quite a few more that I can't remember the names of at this moment.

yes I watched The Partridge Family along with The Brady Bunch. And since you (Jacquie) already admitted to it I'll admit to watching Battle of the Network Stars. :lol:

I had my lineup of shows for every night of the week. I also have an audio tape that I made that has the theme to every TV show I watched through high school on it. (Took a regular tape recorder and put it up to the speaker of the TV and when the theme started I hit record. :alienblush:)

Susan

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I'll admit I watched the Partridge family too, but in my defense, I had to cause my older sisters were huge fans of David Cassidy. I did actually like the Brady Bunch.

Holy cow, 63. The last pics I saw of him he still looked really good.

I don't remember that. Gesh, my age is showing since I'm already having memory problems.

Could you image if they had a new Battle of the network stars. I'd be all over that. All the hot guys from csi, yummy. The criminal minds guys, the Mcdoctors from Greys anatomy. Just to name a few. Most of my shows are on CBS, so I'd have to cheer for them. My dream team would be

Eric Szmanda
    Jonathan Togo
    George Eads
    Shemar Moore
    Eddie Cahill
    A.J. Buckley

woman
    Melina Kanakaredes
    A.J. Cook
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Marge Halgenberger
    Poppy Montgomery
    Kathern Morris

Yeah, I'm nut for even thinking this one out.
    I turned on Retro tv earlier and Adam 12 was on.

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

How could I have possibly forgotten Battlestar Galactica? (Starbuck mmmmmmmmm :)) Riptide, Magnum P.I., Hardcastle and McCormick, The Hardy Boys, and Battle of the Network Stars too. Wasn't there also like a Circus of the Stars or something?
    What a walk down memory lane. We are so totally showing our age here.:p

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

It's good to see some of these actors as guest stars in modern series. Cold Case is a good example, recently having just this season:

Greg Evigan (BJ and the Bear, My two Dads)
    Charles Napier (BJ and the Bear, The Critic)
    Clarence Williams III (Mod Squad)
    Keith Szarabajka (The Equalizer)
    Mariette Hartley (Goodnight Beantown, Peyton Place)
    Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man)
    Max Gail (Barney Miller)
    Monte Markham (The Second Hundred Years, The New Perry Mason)
    Adrienne Barbeau (Maude)
    Jerry Hardin (Filthy Rich)
    Kathleen Nolan (The Real McCoys)
    Harold Gould (Rhoda, Feather & Father Gang)
    Richard Herd (TJ Hooker, Seaquest DSV)
    Ron Harper (Land of the Lost, Garrison's Gorillas, Planet of the Apes)

and actors of more recent series:

Henry G Sanders (Dr Quinn,Medicine Woman)
    William Ragsdale (Herman's Head)
    Carl Lumbly (Cagney and Lacey)
    Jonathan LaPaglia (Seven Days)
    Ron Masak (Murder She Wrote)
    James Karen (The Powers of Matthew Star)