The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Sara, how old are you? :p

I can think of a few men that have age rather well, Mark Harmon and Keifer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen. I know they aren't like really old, but they are still rather hot for their ages. I always thought Keifer wouldn't age well, cause I never thought his father was very attractive.

AJ, we do our best debating on yahoo Im, but sometimes it gets really naughty. You're more than welcome to join us.

Did everyone just see Bruce Willis married a youngin? After all the crying about Demi and boy toy Ashton, lets see how many people are upset over Bruce marrying someone even younger. I believe they said she was a year younger than Ashton. I have to give Demi and Bruce props for remaining such good friends and being good about their divorce. Her and Ashton was at Bruce's wedding and vice versa. Does anyone find that odd? MY ex hubby invited me to his wedding. Um no thanks, I knew that was a disaster in the making, I was right. It lasted less than a year.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh ....you kids with your modernday stuff:)

What´s yahoo Im?
    I have tried maps and did even turn on the GPS ....but could find yahoo Im.

(Instant messaging = Never did get the manual ...just put the mark up anyways:confused:)

Yeah ...I read Bruce and the youngin; Good luck to them.

I bet you we will not heard as much fuss about them as we did about Demi. I am sort alike: Let people marry whom ever they choose.
    But we are back at our original point....

Man sexappeal seems endless and without age.( NO I am not turn by fx. Larry King but did he not marry youngin?)
    Female sexappeal ends at -hmmmm for the sake of argument -lets say 40. (Not in my opinion (disclaimer)) but in the public eye.

I cann´t quite figure out if it´s genetic. Last chance of birth = ca. 40.
    Or it´s grouppressure (=the world we live in)?
    And....as to our points....Why can an elderly guy look at a young hootiee mac -hot girl and marry and that´s fine? But if anyone knew of the women in here "appreciating" (let´s say Adam Rod. or Jonathan T).

I bet you people would laugh or be "Grow up". Or perhaps it is just where I live?

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

And the truth is less pretty, I think. I think it's safe to say that often Hollywood leading men become more handsome and often more distinguished with age, but in the "real" world, I'm not sure whether that's as true.

My case in point- I am a reasonably youthful looking 39 year old and I have recently gone on an internet dating site. I generally search the 34-45/6 agen range when I'm looking a prospective "dates", but I am CONSTANTLY getting messages from men 50+, and very few of them have aged well or look particularly distinguished! But the thing that amazes me the most is that a lot of them put in their profiles "looking for a younger woman". I mean, I admire their forthrightness, but I keep thinking, "wouldn't you stand a better chance with someone your own age?"

My older brother (47) married a woman that was a year older than me, and after they divorced, he kept dating younger women. Finally he met "the one" and he was just amazed at how much they have in common, and they even like the same music, etc. etc. Yeah, no kidding- it's because she's the same age as you, dummeh. I think all too often people are willing to forgo a lot of things in relationships for the sake of beauty, youth, etc. Personally, I just can't handle the generation gaps. We need to have a fair amount of common ground or it's just going to get old, fast... (pun intended! :lol: )

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well... I would hate to go back on the dating scene. 1 for the reasons you mention and 2. where would I go?

I can/could small talk and a dinner. But having to sorting out the do and don´t of the datingreplies. Then go though a whole dinner with some "frog" who talk about one thing. Eg his hobby or his job or his longing for a relationshíp.. ..

It seemed much more easy when you were young.....1. you could get to know the guy( if you went to school or at work) 2. You could go out more with friends (when they were not in a relationship).

Where would you gals go out today to meet guys?

5. BabaOReilly

^^^ The internet. ;)

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I mean this is in a nice way does it work ? as to meeting some nice guys and perhaps make new friends? And do you go dancing or to bars with friends also

7. BabaOReilly

Yeah, it definitely works. Basically, I used to view it as... ewwww... dating people I don't know? Weird. But now, it just makes sense. I mean, if you meet someone when you're out somewhere, it's basically the same thing, but with less "pre-screening"! :lol:

People always shy away from new things, especially when they are technologically-based. As far as I can see, this is just the newest (and fairly efficient) way of meeting people. And I live in Vancouver, so it's almost a must! People here are very nice and polite, but not overly friendly to strangers. Add to that that I am in the "30 and over club", and you have the dilemma: I don't feel like hitting bars and clubs to meet guys, so where else do I go? Hang out at the hardware store on Friday nights? Stare at attractive guys in coffee shops and hope they smile back? Internet dating is just the most convenient way to put yourself out there. If you're interested in someone, you respond. If you're not, you don't. Simple as that. :)

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I met my husband through the internet. He found me on yahoo personals. :)

9. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I have a friend at work who met a nice guy online a couple years ago. He just proposed to her a couple weeks ago in front of the Bellagio fountains in Vegas. (And no, they aren't getting married there :lol:)

10. BabaOReilly

Yeah, it really is just another form of dating. You meet in a bar, you meet in a club, you meet on the internet. I know tons of people now who have met that way. :) So, here's hoping! :lol:

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Just be careful when meeting someone online. It's so easy to lie when you aren't looking in someones eyes. My ex met someone online while we were still married. Of course he didn't tell her that. She was smart and dumped him when she found out.

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Yeah I've met enough nutter just on this board to know that they are out there. You really can't trust a stranger that's looking for love online. I'm sure there are some that are legit and nice, ya just gotta be careful and know what's out there.

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Plus all the creepers on social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace that lure young girls or boys to places and then rape or kidnap them. The internet is really a scary place when closely examined, and somedays I don't know why. Though it has become common place for police officers to set up accounts and catch the criminals, but then again it's a hit and mis if they get who they are going after...but they could catch another in the process.

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I know what you mean. Some people may think I am young and handsome like George Eads or Adam Rodriguez :rolleyes:, but I tell them I am 57 and a couch potato. In real life, I am... 57 and a couch potato. :( Sigh.

15. BabaOReilly

^^^ Heh heh! Nice, Dynamo.

Yeah well, before there were internet predators, there were ones out on the streets. Oh, and they're still there too. ;) Like I said, the internet is just the next evolution of human social interaction.

Don't worry, I didn't come down in the last shower- I don't leap into anything with people I don't know. You have to work for my love! :lol: