Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

this was a very very good episode! I loved all scenes with them in it. I truly think that the writers read this thread, especially cause we kept saying we wanted cute little scenes every once in a while that showed they were still together. :lol:
    sigh. i smiled when i saw these scenes. my friends were like :rolleyes: "jeez girl they are tv characters' and i was like 'BUT ITS ERIC AND CALLEIGH!!! If anyone makes me believe true love exists its the fictional characters on csi miami!" lol.
    but i did get that subliminal message in the coffee scene. I juss kept reading it and a smile came across my face. my friend goes "Thats creepy stalkerish." and im like "Thats sooo adorable." clearly she does not get the hiphugger code. ugh. non-hiphugger friends. thats what i have you guys for tho. :)
    and the day dream was cute, because it wasn't like *bam* he's in a daydream. i kinda almost believed it was real until i heard her say his name. aww. wasn't it adorable when she said his name???
    gah. next week looks interesting.
    i juss hope that SOMEBODY kills horatio off. for good. Oh wait, did i say that?? lol
    and i am so happy to see the rest of this season. i hope that the finale doesn't have some STUPID cliffhanger like last year (i mean really people? you actually thought he was dead??) but a cute like REAL finale...kinda like the end of a grey's anatomy episode. where they kinda finish all the story lines and show each character OUTSIDE of the workplace. which is way to hard for csi writers to do apparently.

OH SO GET THIS. my friend said that csi miami has too much relationship drama, and isnt about the cases enough. I contradicted with the fact that this is the ONLY couple (besides CAKE) that we have actually seen kiss on the show. and this was a better kiss that that because cal was actually into this time. instead of like the cakey kiss where she was like **guilty** because she loved eric in the first place.

agree or disagree??

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, it's funny because wanting the females in your life in skirts and dresses has to totally be this guy thing. I have an eight year old student who loves it when I choose to wear skirts and dresses to work. He likes it when his female classmates wear skirts and dresses. He's crazy about high heels on "women" (one female classmate wears heeled boots and he always comments on how he likes them). He will let us all know how much he likes it, even if he is non-verbal. So every year, for his birthday, I wear his favorite color and a skirt. It makes him happy. By the by, he has the same ethnic background as Adam. Maybe it's a Hispanic male thing? Somebody chime in.

I really enjoyed the E/C scenes last night. I had cringed and been afraid that the daydream sequence would be a horrible embarrassment. Instead, it was sweet and very romantic on Eric's part. Was it possibly unprofessional? Yes and no. Yes because he's supposed to be working, but no because he was able to refocus on work quickly after being caught. Did it give fodder to the haters? Oh yeah. Do I care? Nope. Sour grapes, I say.

For those that celebrate: Happy St. Patrick's Day! In that theme I offer a short story I wrote around this time last year: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4124594/1/Family

Please feel free to read and leave commentary!

3. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I didn't get the "subliminal message", as it's being called. I totally missed it. I'll have to rewatch the episode and pay much closer attention.

You're lucky... none of my friends are even willing to watch CSI Miami with me. :) Eh, their loss!

I thought the daydream wasn't overdone, but wasn't entirely necessary either. Regardless, it WAS cute, aye? :adore:

Oooooh, don't say that about good ol' H. I admit, I hated the character at first, but now I don't know that the show could go on without him! I love the way he ALWAYS poses akimbo. I love that he NEVER switches off the intensity. I get disappointed if they don't transition into the opening credits with one of his mega-corny one-liners. The thing you've gotta remember - don't try to take it seriously! Take H as the melodramatic, cartoonish charicature that he is!

I completely disagree with your friend. They should watch "House" or "Bones". There's a LOT more romance drama in those shows, and they're supposed to be about medicine (and, in the case of "Bones", murder investigation).

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Not now or have I ever watched 'House', but 'Bones' is completely different from the CSI franchise. The CSIs are strictly forensics first (or used to be) with a little bit of the characters personal lives thrown into the show here and there. 'Bones' from the beginning has always been a little bit of everything: Forensics, romance, and character drama. Way more than CSI has ever been, but the show started out like that.

So I don't really think that the CSIs can be compared to that show or others.

tamemyheart4692, I sort of disagree with your friend. To me, Miami has had a lot relationship drama what with Hagen/Calleigh, The Peter/Calleigh thing..does that even count?? Eric/Natalia.. Jake/Calleigh.. and now Eric/Calleigh. And for right now, we might as well just rule out EC because their since they have been official there has been no drama, that we know of, between them or others.

That 'a lot of relationship drama' that I'm referring to, isn't 'too much' drama at all. If you think about it, season 2 started out with Calleigh and Hagen... then he wasn't in it at all.. until like the last few episodes of season 3. And when there was drama, there was only like maybe 5 minutes of it throughout the whole episode.

The case is always the main priority. A more recent example, 'Sink or Swim'.. There was only two, pretty short EC scenes in the middle and at the end of that episode.

I think that the Miami writers have been adding more romance in than usual.. there has been more in it since season 5 then there was in seasons 1 through 4. It's a bad thing. The cases are still the main focus. They've never really done completely seperate romantic storylines. Everything we've seen romance related on CSI: Miami has taken place at work, in the lab or out in the field. When I say romance, by the way, I'm mostly referring to the conversations that the couples I've mentioned indicate that they're together or that something has happened. (E/N- Silencer, Skeletons. Calleigh/Hagen- The Best Defense, Dead Zone. J/C- Dangerous Son, Bang Bang Your Debt, Deep Freeze, Sunblock, Stand Your Ground.)

This is all just speculation on my part. There is plently of romance that happens and plenty of drama.. Just the right amount if you ask me. We don't need more than there already is.

5. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

^^I agree, just ignore it and let them vent, it won't change what has happened with E/C. By getting upset and responding is giving them what they want.......Like I said before, why invest in so much of your time and energy into something you have no control over, being repeatedly bitter doesn't get you anywhere. It's everyone's right to be critical and to offer thoughtful insight but to endlessly whine and repeat one's self over and over without adding anything new get's boring. It's just a TV show, put your energy into something you do like!

My, that's quite the 8 year old student you have, he knows what he likes :lol: I don't know, I would think most guys do like women in a dress/skirt with sexy heels. I'm not sure about the Hispanic male connection though, any Hispanic guys out there like to clue us in? :)

So we only have 7 more episodes to go right, 7.19-25? Sad to think we have such limited time for new E/C moments :( Just when things were getting good. Hope the actors sign up for another few more years.

By the way, the comment by Emily about doing more crunches if the producers gives her what she wants, I don't think I should have read that. While exercising today, I was already dying doing crunches but heck, the comment stuck in my head and all I could muster out was 5 extra ones. Sorry Emily, E/C support from me wasn't very much, that was all I could do without bursting a vein. I've only recently started exercising again after gaining weight thanks to being chained to my thankless desk job. Who would have thought a drama show would play a part in my exercise routine! :lol: Producers, you better give us what we want! sorry to be off topic there.....

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I wasn't attempting to imply that "Bones" and "CSI: Miami" have always tried to balance the elements of their respective shows in the same way. I realize that each balances "the job", "the romance", "the character dramas", etc, differently. That was my point, that the balances ARE different, and that CSI: Miami has always and will always be more about "the job" element than anything else.

Plus...... I agree with everything else you said. :)

Also, I've been paying close attention to the most recent episodes. With Monday night's episode being the exception, I think the Eric/Calleigh romance has been progressing rather modestly. We had a confession of love in 714, and then two quick scenes in 716, and while it's true that 718 was shippier than usual, I think, overall, an appropriate balance has been maintained.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

You don't even want to know how much this just bummed me out. It made me think of having to go through the Summer without getting any new Miami episodes or EC moments for like a couple months. Depressing. All the actors really should sign up for a few more years. Mostly, Emily and Adam. Not because I need Eric and Calleigh together. But really, how would Miami even last without two of it's main characters.. Horatio, Eric, and Calleigh are like the only 3 originals left in the show.

Anyway, only 7 episodes left this season? That is a limited time left for new E/C moments. I'm sure we'll get plenty.. at least, I hope so.

8. anamarya

anamarya Witness

that's a good question and i know guys that are not cheating a\or juggling girls just because of that.for them is not a problem of morality is a problem of convenience.... is hard to lie because you have to remember what you said and to whom.... in Eric's case is a problem of morality and YES IMO is partly due to his background...he has a stable family, loves his mom, has sisters.... this kind of guys usually don't cheat. maybe they don't commit, or at least not as easy of often like other guys,but cheating?NO... they are stucked into the question "what would I do if that girl was my sis?"

has to be on the list....
    1. don't undermine Cal
    2. she has a lot of guns
    n. girls like flowers
    n+1. she's proud of her cooking skills
    m. first class is "nice"

not necessarily a Hispanic thing.... i can really say that is latin thing.... latin american guys, spanish guys, italian guys, my guys.... even franch guys....they're all the same in that... but they are notso diferent from lets say polish guys, or russian guys in this....

8 year old? nice....mine are like 22 to 26 so they think that is their duty to enjoy skirts, heels, long hair (preferably red or blond), thight pants,etc....

9. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I didn't notice anything in that scene! Until you guys were talking about it.. I'm gonna watch it again! :scream:

I loved that part.. Natalia was so cute..lalala..do you have proof? :lol: I also thought it was gonna be some sort of romantic scene between them.. Ryan really looked convinced when he said i don't need proof..

Oh, and don't worry you guys. You're not alone. Only one of my best friends watches CSI with me.. and she's also not a big fan of C/E but she doesn't really mind if they go canon or end up together or not since she's very neutral.. She bears all my talking about them :))

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I was pleasantly suprised by the daydream sequence too. I knew it was coming but I still wasn't 100% sure it was it until we saw E/C.

Was it unprofessional? Maybe, but really...come on... how many people haven't zoned out at work about something or the other? I do it when I'm thinking about other things not necessarily a guy but things and it's usually only a few seconds like Erics was.

The next 6 episodes should be action packed for everyone. This season is just getting better and better.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I've just watched the entire episode and it was nice. Of course, I'd seen EC moments before on YouTube. I really liked the looks and shy smiles they shared when she brought him the coffee. It was so adorable. :adore: When I see scenes like that I can't imagine how some people can not like them. I mean, they are perfect for each other. But I guess tastes are not to be discussed...

I'm not sure what to think about the daydream, though. I'm okay with it, I think it's cute that he has daydreams about her, it shows he really is in love with her (as if we hadn't known that before). On the other hand, it had nothing to do with the case or show itself, it was there just to show as more about Eric's feelings, so I wouldn't have minded if the daydream wasn't in the episode. I don't know how to feel. I guess the shipper in me is mushy because of that scene, but I think it would be okay if the little moments Cal and Eric are going to share in the future are similar to the coffee one in 718.

Of course, there are two episodes with great EC scenes on 23rd and 30th, so we have something really great to look forward to. I bet we'll get through this thread with the next episodes and that we'll have a new, shiny thread ready for 7.20.

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

My best friend doesn't watch CSI Miami with me, she laughs at me. When they showed the promo for 7.16 I started jumping up and down like a little girl and she laughed and rolled her eyes at me and said that still doesn't mean they are together. Of course I corrected her by stating that they love each other and then she said I was crazy...:lol:

Anywhere you go, there is bound to be romance and gossip. In TV and in real life. I recently told a co-worker of mine that if people in the office saw us going out to lunch together that the rumors would fly, so to say that Ryan and Natalia gossipping about Eric & Calleigh is out of the ordinary is untrue. I just think that Ryan confirmed what Natalia has suspected since the end of season 5 (and what we have known all along)

I love how this storyline between Eric & Calleigh has progressed and it hasn't taken over the show at all. I look forward to seeing those stolen moments through the end of the season.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't think there has been too much relationship drama in the history of Miami because Miami has always presented it's couples in a really suble way. We didn't get a kiss till the end of season 5 and the relationships we've had has been spread out throughout the seasons. I think that CSI:NY has had way more relationship stuff than Miami and has been more explicit on the physical aspect of them. I think that I don't see Miami as being too much into the relationships cause when we've had them they've been in the background with mentions here and there but always in the work place; always giving more importance to the cases. We even had Horatio get married but we never even see him kiss his wife. So I definitely think Miami has been more subtle in presenting it's relationships. I think EC has been the most "up front" as of now and yet their scenes have been short and have not taken over the case at hand. Plus I think that it is justified that they have been more "up front" because they are two leads in the show. Yet I don't think they have taken over the episodes they have had their scenes in, and even less the cases.

This made me laugh :lol:

I have to add one though:

o. truffles...her favorite ;)

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

There is definitely a double meaning there with that scene. It was well thought out and picked the right people to play it.

I was secretly hoping that when Ryan and Natalia shared scenes with Calleigh and Delko, they would question them somehow about Ryan's theory...but no such luck! I thought she noticed something in 7.17 when she was looking at those pictures at the end, but I guess not...or maybe she's playing dumb??? I have to think that Natalia will be more attentive in the coming weeks and notice too, and actually believe it herself. I cant wait for the questions to start rolling in.

As for my CSI watcher friends, so far, its just me and one of my sisters. My best friend was looking through my BBry on Sunday and noticed that I have CSI Miami scheduled for every Monday at 10pm saved in my Calendar. She looked at me like I was crazy :wtf:. I told her "just watch one episode and you'll understand " ;)

15. anamarya

anamarya Witness

my best friend (that is a guy) thinks that i completly lost my mind..... fortunatly i convinced him to watch the show after he convinced me to watch Prison Break.... he lived to regret that he got me started with that show.
    the only people that i can actually speak to about the show (except you, off course) are my students.... they're too funny in their opinions.

me: totaly agreeing with thedrama relationship part of your post.... and being sorry for forgeting about the truffles... how coud I?:shifty:

one more thing ab out my Natalia theory: i still think that she knows, or at least suspects, but after rewatching the scene i start to belive that she was at least partly disapointed by the fact that Ryan had no "evidence". because clues, hunches are good, theoryies... evidence is always better... even more if you're a CSI:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.