Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thank you very - very - very - very much. Now we have something to do until monday.
    I agree completly, he should have come in 2. Sorry have a thing for that guy in "Lost".

To CSISDFLash

I am sorry for your loss. Great ideas for storylines....Or Stetlers dead and they bring a female who will snap at Horatio ever so often.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Thanks AjBucly! I just think that Jake's death would be harder on Calleigh & Eric's relationdhip than a live Jake comming in an stiring the pot then leaving! just because she has already severed that tie with him verbaly. If he was dead it would play on thoughts in the back of her mind more than if she had him in front of her. We all know how hard it is for her to share her feelings good or bad with anyone! Even With Eric she still has a hard time of it.

It could even be used to draw out that all so important conversation that most of you have wanted between her and Eric about the whole Jake thing. I think Jake comming up dead in some seedy location in Miami would be a perfect story line to rattle the couple, and cause them to have to dive into the whole Jake thing with eachother. They could have unseen flash backs with him and Calleigh talking, and maybe some unseen talks between him and Eric. Maybe Hes alive at the first of the show and Eric runs into him and they have a not so plesant talk about Calleigh and he tells him to stay away from her, that they are together. Then when he comes up dead and there may be some suspison on Eric at first because he may have touched him and they find the evedence on Jakes body wich leads to the questioning about why he would have been around Jake to start out with.

That could be the way they out Eric & Calleigh's Afair. EWWW That would be so good! Then they would have to find out who really killed him.

Wonder does Calleigh think Eric did it? That would be a good twist to have her feelings all messed up wanting to trust Eric, but knowing that the only evedence that has been collected so far only points to Eric's jelous guilt over Calleigh!

Somebody quick write this stuff down this would be a great Fanfic. I like it! I wish TPTB would write a story line like this it coulld be a good one.

3. tigerlove2002

tigerlove2002 Victim

I wouldn't necessarily change the relationship between Jake and Calleigh. The one thing I would change is how we were introduced to him. If we are to assume that Calleigh and Jake once seriously dated while in the academy, why is it that she didn't recognize him when she questioned him in "Going Under". To me it just didn't flow that they had this relationship and then Jake changed so much that Calleigh didn't recognize him? But in the end, Calleigh learned her lesson again.

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I wouldn't change their relationship either, I may not have liked him and the ship may have seemed forced and rushed but there really isn't much one could change with them. I understand why she went back with him...she wanted to give it another try and he was familiar.

I personally thought the actors had no chemistry...not the characters. If Jake were to come back, I think he would want to try to patch things up with Cal. However, if Cal were to say no and explain she is with someone, I think he would back off and allow her to be happy b/c he does care about her. And cares enough to let her be happy. I do think that Jake had some inkling about how Eric felt...in the season 6 premiere his face says it all when he replies to Eric about going their time in Antigua....you would have to be totally naive not to pick up on it!!

I don't think it is that she didn't recognize him....I think she knew he was undercover and knew not to blow it. That is why he stepped out of line and she arrested him, so they could go back to the precinct and talk w/o the other bikers becoming suspicious about it.

As for changing....I think as some pointed out, I would have changed how she reacted to the news of Marisol's death. I mean granted they weren't really all that close that season, (season 4 to me was such an enigma, that I try not to think about it) but considering they are supposed to be really close friends I think something a little more than how she reacted in that scene would be have been called for. I'm not saying she should have hugged him or anything but at the very least moved torward him, maybe put a hand on his arm, something to show emotion that she felt his pain.

Again, season 4 being as bad, imo, as it was....none of the characters and their behavior that season made sense to me.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I wouldn't change the J/C thing one bit. It played a huge part in Eric and Calleigh, if you ask me. I still liked Jake and Calleigh's relationship. I thought they were cute and their relationship just didn't seem too serious. It was convenient for the both of them. That's beside the point though.

In Going Under Jake did step out of line on purpose. When him and Calleigh were in interrogation, he was like 'I let you take me down' or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was so they could discuss the case without the rest of the Crypt Kings knowing about it, like delkolover said.

I just have a feeling that E/C is going to last long and if there are troubles with them, I don't think the trouble is going to be somebody. Say, Jake. I think the trouble would be something, like a disagreement or their relationship coming out at work and them having to deal with the consequences of breaking rules.

6. delkolover

I agree. I think they have lasting power and when and if they were to break up, I think it would have to do with something about "them" not someone else outside of their relationship (ie Jake or Stetler).

I think them being outed at work would be more of a speed bump/road block than anything. Her relationship with Jake didn't end when Stetler found out and she, well both of them, went into this one knowing that possibly at some point it could come out that they are dating....neither of them are naive enough to think they would be able to hide it forever; a short time yes. But forever no.

I see them taking a break or a step back b/c of their relationship affecting how they do their jobs not the job affecting their relationship. And I don't mean that in the way that "the rule" intends. I could see one or both of them thinking about the other before they think about the case, the evidence or those around them. Which puts them, others and the case at risk. That is something I could see being the reason that would make them separate b/c neither one would want someone else to get hurt or a case to tank b/c of them....they aren't that selfish.

Of course, that reason is the cookie cutter way of breaking up a ship....hopefully these writers will try and think outside the box...although, I really don't want to think about it right now :lol:

What is sad, is that viewers have become soo ingrained to think about the break up of a couple they've wanted to see together, right after they get together! Mainly b/c that is how tv ships work today. Your ship finally gets together and b/c you know there are no happy endings or long lasting ships on tv you immediately start thinking about how the writers will break them up b/c it has become sooo inevitable....it sucks really. Just once, once, I would love it if a show kept the ship together and gave them that happy ending w/o too much drama (there has to be some drama or it would be boring ;) ). I mean they don't have to break them up 5 times before they have that ending or just end, in come cases :rolleyes: ....just keep things fresh and interesting along the way.

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I really do think they'll be outed at work because..

With the spoilers you've given us, Ryan seems to suspect something going on. I mean, he suspected something going on in 7.14, which was before they were officially together. Do I think Ryan would out them purposely? Definitely not. But I have a feelings it might have something to do with him.

You are right, though.. about viewers wondering about the break up immediately once their ship is canon. I don't want them to break up but it's sort of inevitable that something will happen. Things can't always be perfect, otherwise things would just get boring.;) I'm sure they'll get a happy ending though.

8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I think Jake will come back, Ryan will slip up and inadvertently tell Jake, Jake will in turn cause a stir and probably tell Stetler to get back at Eric for doing this same to him. All the drama hopefully won't brake them up but it's tv.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well It still brings me back to my original point:

Why not a Monica/Chandlerdeal?

There are a least 2 show outthere with pregant women. I wish I could have a glimse(?) of the mainstoryboard...You know the one that sort of lays down the law of the show and the characters....

^IMO^
    In the original setting and castline - up: We had Mum (Alexx) and Dad (Horatio) and jelous big sister (Kim Delanys character) grabbing for Dads job. NB! - I donĀ“t mean Mum and so forth for real. Speedle siding with Kim D. and Calleigh a bit more udefined, but soon turn to Dads side and then we had the young hottie Eric.

Then 2 actors left and we had Boa Vista (Female replacment and Loveinterest for Eric, but apperently not lasting.) and Ryan (Male replacement:Little brother?). At that time they must have gone through the mainstoryboard and made some calls/desicions for long term storylines.

And - this is what I am hoping for- Eric gets upgrated to Mature relationshipguy ( Still hot I might add:)) and Calleigh character has been by then for a long time sweet caring girl. For me (and I am taking off my hiphuggerglasses) the most obvious coupling as they tried the Eden -combo and stopped it.

According to Emily P in an interview :she had for quite some time keept asking for a boyfriend (every time she lost one)?for Calleigh and writers must have given some thought b/c the ship is a reality. Emily said: that it is a suttle change in showstructur. Thereby hiphugger - hopefully indicating that it goes beyond the short termstoryline and is indeed an intented change of structure.

Well - Here is to hoping :beer:.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Emily asked for a boyfriend and got two by season 6 and they had to choose who'd be be with and that was Eric.

If I would change anything, it would be that Eric said something or could've even kissed Calleigh when the piece of glass was stuck in her finger. She only called out his name and he smiled, wha? I know it was a sweet moment but it needed something else.

I cant think of anything else.

11. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

*Runs in to say HEY Y'ALL!* ;)

Well, I took time off to deal with RL and come back to find that this thread is almost finished... Where did the time go?

I have been in Hip Hugger Heaven since THE episode that saw us officially go Canon! :)

Now for the question: What would I change about the storyline? :shifty:

Hmmm... I would change Calleigh's reaction to Marisol's death. I thought she was a little wooden in her response to Eric (her best friend at the time) finding out that his sister has just died. The writers REALLY dropped the ball with that one.

I would not change any part of the J/C or E/N storylines. I thought both were crucial to help Eric and Calleigh grow as people.

I've missed you guys. Hopefully I won't be gone for so long now...:p

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

It's possible, but even if the desire for revenge on Eric was overwhelming, why would Jake hurt Calleigh like that? He saw how hurt she was when he asked for a cool down after they got outted to Stetler. He supposedly cares a great deal about Calleigh, so that wouldn't make sense.

I do like the idea of Jake turning up dead and the team is called in to process the crime scene. It's got my fic writer heart all aflutter. Right now I'm trying to formulate a decent crossover fic with our Miami team and the NCIS crew.

13. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Back from Vacation and can actually respond to some things.
    I agree with Audrey here. Calleigh's reaction to Marisol's death was beyond lame. I can't believe the writers dropped the ball so majorly here.

I too wouldn't change any past relationships. If you can't grow and mature as a person from past failed relationships then you really haven't grown at all. I think that Eric has really matured on this show. Starting with Speed's death and he realized how fragile life could be...and then after Marisol, and his own brush with the grim reaper. I mean how could someone not grow from all this.

Future wise...since everyone seem to be speculating/hoping...I could see this relationship lasting to be permanent. Right away...no...they need to be together for awhile. Together they remind me of friends of mine. Almost the same type of scenario...and they've been together for 20+ years now.

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

She did know it was him. When she took him down in front of the Crip Kings, she had to play along and so did he, because he was undercover. While interrogating him alone, she made note that she knew him. She just couldn't react in front of the Kings. If you look at the scene where they're in the warehouse, clearly you can see in her expression she knew him, but was trying to hide it. He made that comment about her b/c he knew Calleigh wouldn't back down without a fight. He (and a little of she) secretly wanted her to take him in so they could be alone and talk.

15. delkolover

Which is exactly what Ann Donahue said; they both needed to grow from those experiences and past relationships before E/C could be together. They needed to realize that what they have been searching for, that "someone," has been right in front of them for a very long time. All either of them needed was something to put that into perspective. For Eric, it was his shooting that got him seeing Cal in a whole new light. For Cal, it was Eric's shooting that drew her to Eric more but I think it was her kidnapping and then of course her own near death experience that made her realize she was ready to admit her feelings to herself, to him and take the next step; being with him. Cal may come off as a strong independent woman, and she is but in the area of boyfriends and emotions...she definately is insecure and has trouble expressing.

I think it, knowing what we know about 719, interesting that the person who always wore his emotions on his shirt sleeve is the insecure one and the one who has always had trouble with relationships be more open..ie her flirty, joking nature in 716. Nice little subtle switch the writers pulled off there....unless of course I am imagining it or reaching....what do you guys think?

So no, I definately wouldn't change any of the past relationships b/c they made Eric and Cal who they are now. And who they are now are two people who are ready to be w/ each other. :D

WOW...I can't believe we are almost done with this thread :eek: It didn't even last a month :lol:

We should start thinking about new thread titles!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.