Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

imo, i would really like to see jake come back...but only for an episode or two.. because their relationship and how she ended it is kinda hanging with the "waiting for him" thing.. it makes me worry about her and eric although i know i shouldn't be since they are officially together now.. but i still can't avoid it :rolleyes:
    cal getting pregnant?! i just can't see it..it might totally ruin the whole character.. but there was this episode last season when calleigh and eric mentioned about kids and obviously eric wants some and i think calleigh too :lol: but whatever happens i'm sure the writers won't disappoint us die-hard fans ;) or maybe that's just me.. lol

ooh ginna, good one.. hmm.. i would really want to change the whole story line about the suicidal-Hagen.. they could have at least fired him and make him never come back than killing him in her lab.. it's so not that nice to have and ex-bf suicide in your lab.. :eek: but that's my opinion.. and about e/c..it's just the perfect time for them to be together ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

As for Jake's return I agree that she won't do anything in public, she would just talk to him in person and explain him that she's with someone else now (I don't know if she'd tell him who the person is:confused:, I mean she likes to keep her private life for herself) and of course she surely would remids him that she told him once shw won't wait, so he shouldn't be surprised that she moved on.:)
    I don't think she'd get pregnant by accident either. She's too responsible and careful person for something like that, though accidents happen;).
    But I don't mind if they end the show with Calleigh being pregnant and married to Eric, still i'd save it to the future. Now it's not the time for that kind of stuff, they just started a new relationship and even if they talked about kids and family, in my opinion it's too soon for this. ;)

I'd change just a one simple thing, her relationship with Jake. I don't think it was a good idea, for me it was completly unnecessary and weird. I mean she's so independent, strong and self-confident woman and all of sudden she gave another chance to man who hurts her in the past. I totally don't get it:scream:. It's just a really stupid move, it only creates uwanted tension between her and Eric. I didn't like that part at all.

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I'd change the whole scene where Eric found out that Marisol died. Calleigh's reaction left me :wtf: . I mean, you don't act like that to anyone, especially not your friend.

4. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well,that was first reaction too....but IDK.... maybe it was for the best..like this they're into this relationship with a clean slate.... she took that road and didn't worked out. the possibility of Jake coming into their lives after and the "what if" situation to appear is now gone. they're finished with it...

if i would to change something? IDK....i would've postponed Speed's death maybe.

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

If I got to change some things, I'd have changed her reaction to hearing that Marisol was dead. I'd have had her put down her kit and go to Eric and hug him, hold him, anything. This was his sister, his favorite sister, and Calleigh had to know how much he was hurting with her just being severely injured. She was more demonstrative with him in Death Grip when he got upset by the lack of community participation when the Hispanic girl was killed and then eaten by a crocodile.

I also would have changed the entire team's reaction to Hagen's suicide. I would have made it a bigger deal for everyone since they all worked with him and I would have had Calleigh's private reaction shown. We all knew that she was deeply affected by it but we never saw it. I would have taken her out of the Lab and shown it. I would have also skipped the whole "Ray is alive" in this episode and let Horatio be there for his team member. It seems that only Alexx and Eric were there for her. But I am glad that it was Eric that tried to soothe her, though.

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

If you could go back in the series and change (i.e. "exert creative control over") anything in the E/C storyline (and, if you'd like, how it's effected the team, assuming you believe it's effected the team at all), would you? If so, what would you change?

=============​

Brrrr... Getting in from the harsh cold that is reality and into the warm comforting zone that is our hiphuggerclan.
    Image us all rooming the Scotish hils in our hiphugger t-shirts. Braveheart move over:guffaw:.

It is a great question.

1. Calleighs dad made it hard for her to belive in mankind. Jake crushing her heart made it hard for her to belive in love. Which makes her commitment to Eric so absolutly HIPHUGGERgreat.
    2. Eric being a player. Mayby - Mayby not getting Boa Vista pregnant ending their loveaffair(So glad they didn´t go for hiphuggerstoryline on that one...) Eric getting shoot and reconsider his values in life. New priorety setlling down with someone. All on the road to "I can´t imagining living my life without me." Uh I still get goosebumps ...Throw a little "Smash into u" soundtrack and it is hiphuggerheaven....NEED to take 5:)

I don´t think there is something early on I would have changed if I had this outcome in mind to being with.

But I would have changed the drastic change of affection from 7.14 to 7.15. I would have included an 2 episode storyline. Perhaps the return use of a serialkiller. Letting the lovestruckcouple be the feelgoodmoments to my killerstoryline. How would I make Calleigh confess her love without the treat of deportation of Eric? Well it is a question of rocking the boat. Most obvious(spelling is all wrong today sorry) victims or next of kin reminds Calleigh that life is short and get on with living....But I don´t think obvious is in the true Miamispirit.
    OH::: I got it....I would have let the photos come in to play....Calleigh realizing that the photos could be hurtfull to the man she loves and mayby even have her questioned as a suspect halfway.... Just imagining the dialog*LOL*
    -" is this you on these photos? Can you explain your relations to this man? And why he ends up dead with your mumber on speedial? Calleigh answers: xxx. "So u just go riding with someone and hand out your phonenumber. U want us to belive it has no impotance?? Calleigh: He has no importance in my life. I have - pause - someone......" The end. And I would have left it at that until 7.16. Which would be 50 sec. of episodetime and could easy lead to 7.16. And I would by introduction of photos have started the hunt for: who is watching us?

Horatio: "And why Frank":). Sunglasses on.:guffaw:

Well. Effect on team or no effect on team....I would opt for no effect on team and still do for next couple of episodes. Let any personal drama be on the shoulders of someelse next.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Like some of you have already mentioned I would change Cal's reaction to Marisol's death. That was just robotic Calleigh in full mode, and I did not appreciated it. This is her long-time friend, co-worker who just lost his much beloved sister to a shooting, she's right in front of him and there's not a even a touch to his arm, or anything! UGH, I just really dislike that scene.

Jake. Enough said. No really, it really baffled me that steel-magnolia, don't mess with me Calleigh gave this guy who already hurt her in the past a second chance. Even a third chance if you count their "reunion" after Jake told her to cool things off because of Stetler's rule. Some may say she was so in love or whatever but I just see it as Donahue said in that interview she consistently picks the wrong guy. Hmm, now that I see it that way maybe it was not so out of character :lol:. I do understand that the triangle worked to further create drama and tension, but IDK there was something off about how it was done. I guess I just think that Jake being there was weird, that we could've done without, but most of all that it just lasted too long.

I do not think that EC getting together is the sole and only reason of how the team dynamics have suffered. It's been said that they are always paired together to further sell their relationship and that it's there in every episode. I would agree if during all these episodes were they appeared paired off we would've gotten flirting, or smiles, or a conversation about THEM, but in most episode they just worked the case and that's it. Like I've said before, in the first 11 episodes of season seven we had moments in just 2 episodes. So I don't think that they working together was used to sell the relationship because there was minimal romantic interaction in most scenes. Why are team dynamics so screwed up? A lot of reasons! Mostly I blame the writers since from season 4, for some rare reason, they think that having just two CSI's per scene is the way to go. I don't get why it's so difficult to just have scenes with all of them together like the other CSI's so easily accomplish. If there were more scenes with 3, 4, or even 5 :)eek:) people in them they would all get more screentime and we wouldn't have to divide the episodes so much. Plus I think that (and I don't want to offend any Horatio fans ;)) but there's been a lot of focus on H and his personal life which, IMO, has also contributed to him distancing from the team. I do think that there should be more stories for Natalia and Ryan and Frank, but I don't agree that EC is solely to blame for the fact that there hasn't been.

Sorry for my little rant. The end! :lol:

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I tend to agree with most of you. I would have loved to have seen a more sympathetic reaction from Calleigh when Marisol died. I truly believe that Speed's death pulled the team in different directions and after Eric got shot it put things into perspective for them.

In seven seasons the team has changed dramatically. I would love to see them coming together as a whole again. I don't think that the relationship between Calleigh and Eric has changed the dynamic of the team. Everyone is in a different place now and they have struggled to come together as one. Its hard to find their vibe again because they have been betrayed (with Natalia at the end of season four and Ryan at the beginning of season seven) and its harder to trust after you've been hurt like that.

I have faith that slowly but surely our team will come back to us and thus make Calleigh and Eric's relationship stronger.

Sorry if it makes no sense, I am pretending to work today :lol:

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I completly agree with you hiphugger17 in this matter. I'm glad you mentioned it, cause this so really annoying when everybody say that because of Eric and Calleigh's relationship the rest of the team doesn't get enough screen time :scream:. Like you said in the first half of this season nothing major happened between them. So few smiles and looks and one comment about how girls love flowers is suddenly so much that it fills all the time in every episode, oh please, this is just ridiculous. I'd like to see more interactions between all of them, but surely Eric and Calleigh are not the reason why we don't see it. And now when Ryan gets interesting story line and even Tara I guess we'll finally get it. At least I hope so.:)
    That definitely would be good for the show.:thumbsup:

As for Calleigh's reaction to Marisol death, I forgot about it, but it was really weird. I don't know why they do it that way, in my opinion it's a huge misunderstanding:confused:. I just don't buy it. He's her best friend, they have known each other for so long and when something so terrific and sad happens she even didn't hug him:eek:. It's the worst scene ever, total failure.:(

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I would have to agree with you on this one. I just thought that she is human and she did have a great friendship with him. When he found out, Calleigh didn't even move to hug him or anything?? I thought maybe she didn't know how to react to that or what was happening to him at the moment internally. She just stood there and only said she was so sorry, but a hug would've been nice. :(That was a major fo pas on the writers in that scene. He just lost his sister, why wouldn't she comfort him? They were friends if anything, was touching him a problem at that point? I think they made her character seem a little cold there and shes far from it. I know that she tries to keep the emotions out but that was different. When Speed died, it hit everyone hard. You only saw her hug Horatio, but where was the love for Eric at that time AND when his sister died :confused: They shouldve given us a sensitive Calleigh then.

All in all, there are couple of things I would change, but that stands out the most to me. Hey Calleigh, I wouldve done it for you! ;)

I think they all should have some screen time, but what sells?? Calleigh and Eric's relationship has been brewing for 7 years now. The fans finally get what they've been waiting for.

Ryan got a lot of time throughout his gambling problem and getting shot in the eye ordeals. Tara is new and its only right to give her some story line, maybe throw in something personal for her. Natalia hasn't gotten much. She got time when they kidnapped her sister and when her ex was in the picture, then got murdered, but I havent seen anything more after that.

Calleigh and Eric are something cute, something exciting.:adore: After all these years, and all this flirting, its about time. They deserve the time. They are two of the leading characters on the show to say the least. I dont see how it affects the team at all because they always hid their true feelings from everyone else. Whatever they felt stayed between them. If someone noticed (i.e. Natalia seeing the kiss and Ryan making comment in "Smoke Gets.."),they didnt dwell on it to make it an issue. Im sure they are aware, but it stays there, for now.

As for Jake, why do I have a funny feeling if he does come back, which I strongly feel he probably will, will be the one that outs them to Stetler?? Eric did it to him and Calleigh. Maybe his jeolousy will be so strong, he would go and do that to Eric and Calleigh.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

12. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I agree with everyone said Calleigh's reaction, or lack of one, to Marisol's death is something that should have gone differently. I swear, the more I watch that episode.. the more that particular scene just pisses me off. I'm always left thinking, Seriously? Calleigh, what was that?? She didn't even seem a little sympathetic. She was more sympathetic about him having his wages garnished in Throwing Heat then she was about his sister dying.:rolleyes:

13. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree with Everyone about Calleigh reaction when marisol died.But I don't have major problems with Calleigh and Jake relationship.At the end it helped her to appreciate a guy who is there for her when she needs it instead of her usual "bad boy routine".IMO it makes her and Eric even more significant.What I didn't liked is that it seemed like she started again with Jake becouse she was afraid of her feelings for Eric.At least that is the impression I got at the end of season 5.

In respect to E/C relationship taking screentime from others,I believe that along with Horatio they are the main characters .Every show has it while is true that nobody should be neglected.Had E/C not be in a relationship we will be seeing them in another storyline at front center.

14. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I think I'm in step with everybody else! I would have Changed the Marisol dying and Calleigh being more of a conforting person to Eric. I all so would have had Eric Show a little more Emotion mabey cry, and Calleigh come over and wrap her arms around him.

I would have also changed the whole morning over Speed's death. I really wouldn't have killed him off if it was me, but since they did I don't think the whole Thing was done very well at all. I mean those guys are human and I know that they try to be strong and not show any emotions, but come on! I've been through this in real life. The lose of A cop! A Partner! A friend! Someone so close that you consider them like a brother to you. It is more tramatic than what they were allowing them to show on the screen.

I just didn't feel that the Charators were allowed to show there true emotions and frustraitions over his death the way it should have been played out. Looseing someone like Speed in the since of the Charator he was playing was very tramatic to me and should have played more tramaic to the team on the screen.

I've been Through a death like that, and let me tell you, It never goes away, and you never ever forget it! And when you watch a show like this, and they have a dramatic scenes such as Speeds Death. It brings back all your memories and then some. So I would have changed the Morning over Speed to more acuratly depict the true sence of what was really happening. To capture the true Moment.

As for Jake comming back, I think he could maybe comeback in a way that may be differant than some of you think he might come back. What if they found him dead somewhere and they had to retrace his footsteps to find out what happened to him. I think that it would have a differant affect all together on Calleigh rather than have him come back as a live person to interupt their relationship. I think that she would be more disturbed by it if he were dead don't you?

I mean I just watched going under again, and that part were Horatio is tell him about going over to the dark side like Ray did. Maybe it could have finally happened to him and he went to the dark side and got so messed up that he let his cover slip and was murdered and now the Team has to find his killer, and of cource Calleigh has to deal with the death and Eric has to deal with calleigh's feelings about Jake that are resurfaced and he has to walk a fine line between how he feels about Jake and how Calleigh feels about Jake. That would be an interesting concept for and Episode.

What do you guys think? I know I just heard a Fanfic writters wheels start to crank in they're heads.

15. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey, a lil bit off topic, but I swear it has to do a little with Calleigh and Eric. :bolian: I just saw this on BuddyTV.com and wanted to share with you all.

TV's Sexiest 50 Men! Adam was voted #10!! :drool: (Jon Togo was #19)
    I was jumping up and down. Wish he was #1 though, but I'll take it. ;)You have to read what they wrote about his character as Delko and Calleigh. Short but cute!! I will comment on this later, but want you all to see it first.

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/tvs-50-sexiest-men,-part-2.aspx

:adore::adore:

I just realized we blew through this thread...wow!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.