"No Way Out" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 9, 2009.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I really liked this ep, we saw all the characters working together, and equally getting screen time.

Highlights:

* Greg with a gun, even if it was for training.
    * The teams walk to the crime scene, and then the team leave from the scene
    * Greg and the dead boy's father, and then following up and having coffee, love!
    * Ray keeping his cool and not flying off the handle
    * Riley getting hit, yup I don't like her, so I was pleased someone put her in her place. Yea it sucked she got hit with a gun...but she kind of set herself up for it
    *Greg having screen time, very nice to see him involved
    * Hodges trying to be Archie, always good to add some comedy to a serious show
    * Nick sneaking next to the car to make sure that everyone was alright
    * Cath taking charge and not letting the cops try and save the other members of the team

Overall this was a great one to watch, a bit predictable with the drug lab in the basement, but I give it a 9 out of 10.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

Good episode .Not as good as the last one but entertaining.

I have to say that I have a new respect for Greg.He has really matured.A part of me would always prefer the funny DNA guy but he is a great character now as well.

I like Riley too.She is cool under pressure and works well with both Nick and Greg.

Cat and Nick has always been one of my faves so this new role for them as leaders goes well with me.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I enjoyed this episode.

Greg's scene with the dad was very, very touching. He knew all the right words to say and his added touch of having coffee with with the grief-stricken shown how much Greg's grown over the years.

Riley was very cool and collected as was Ray.

The ending was very touching. The warmth displayed by the team is something I never, ever saw with the old team. This is something I had longed to see and finally got.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Yes, The guy who played Frankie did played on Disney and I don't think it Corey In The House. He played in the movie recently, it Dadnapped and The Suit Life of Zack and Cody.

I like this episode. Riley should be careful with the kid with a gun. Greg is practice with the gun with his friends.

I will watch it again. I miss part of it.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Something else that was funny to me was that after having heard Riley call Greg "Riley" and Greg call Riley "Sanders", that kid didn't pick up on it when Riley was on the phone and said "it's Adams" and then when Ray called Riley by her first name. :lol: I kept thinking he's gonna pick up on it and know she informed Greg of their situation. :lol:

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Episode was well timed, they didn't make the hostage situationt ake up the whole hour. I also like how things unfolded.

The drill in the beginning was a great contributor to the fall out of the hostage situation (i.e hand signals, name switch between Riley and Greg.)

I was a little disappointed the beginning was a drill and Greg didn't get true true gun slinging action, but they are CSI's and not SWAT, so I understand. :lol:

Greg emotions with distraught dad was heart warming and in depth.

Overall, 9 out of 10!

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I noticed that too, GNRFan. I was waiting for the kid to hit Riley again when he realized that she tricked him, like, through the entire situation. It's not that I don't like Riley, I just love character-in-danger episodes. I think something's wrong with my love of tormenting poor characters and hoping that they get hurt (but not killed) when they're in danger. *shifty look*

8. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I'm going to have to watch this episode again,I thought Riley's actions saved the day so why did the team give Ray a hug and a hand shake,all he did was perform surgery and he is a doctor so DuH.

I will go back and re watch....I think I got bored the first 19 minutes and lost my concentration or something. I swear I thought Riley was the hero,not Ray.

That is what On Demand is all about though.

Greg did do good though with the father.
    David looked so genuinely sweet.
    Catherine and her bad self...yes she is in control!
    And Nick, oh my second in command,his concern for the team,he still looked like he was hurting though,very stiff walk. I just wanted to give him a hug.
    Riley missing the shot..funny. Didn't Nick ask the guy if there were points for missing?
    Value packs...also funny.

I will go and re watch now.:)

9. JenAinslie

JenAinslie Police Officer

I knew I see a gun to Greg's head!!! I wasn't crazy in the preview!

I loved this Ep. Finally something the whole team was in... A good team Ep...

Loved Greg and Riley's name switch...

Good ep 10/10... :)

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm guessing Riley already had received her hug from Cath, and the hug for Ray was probably an "I'm so glad you're okay and made it out safely" hug from Cath.

I really like the way they're showing the closeness/friendship of this 'new' team. Those types of 'team' moments were so few & far between in the first 8 1/2 seasons. I think it's their way of showing the changes that Catherine's move to Supervisor has brought. She was always more 'hands on' than Grissom was, and I think it's great that TPTB are showing that change.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree, Catherine has grown so much as a leader. Her first time round, she was so defensive because she was new at the job and trying hard to prove herself. Now she knows, she doesn't have to prove herself anymore, I'll take these moments over the eight and a half years of ..whatever..that was..

And those team moments were so rare in the first eight and half years. I will venture to say, even if this is the last season or the second last season.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I just watched it online, and have yet to come down from the fangirl high. All frat party joys of the next 24 hours will pale in comparison to the joys of watching this episode.

Wow. 7 minutes in, there's Greg with gun, Greg held hostage (but not really), Greg in tight pants, Greg being compassionate with the father... Wow. I'm happy with the episode before it's even 10 minutes in. Lovin' it so far.

Aw Archie has a life. Funny how we learned more about Archie when he wasn't actually there than we have in the last few seasons of actually seeing him in scenes.

So it looks like they're giving Riley overly low-necklined shirts now too :shifty:. I guess it's inevitable on primetime TV...

Also, how many gang members are actually stupid enough to have tattoos that are that visible everywhere? Maybe east coast gangs are different (though a lot of the big ones started on the west coast anyway), but I don't know any gang members stupid enough to wear their affiliations quite that openly...

Riley looks so gleeful to take out her phone. Maybe she just got one of the new spiffy ones that Catherine had. (gotta love product placement)

Why why why didn't they get cops to clear the basement first???

Riley (in reference to drugs): Usually this stuff looks like yellow sludge. This stuff's high quality." (or something like that) And how would you know that, Riley?

The guy that plays Frankie did a great job of playing the nervousness.

Anyone know why Frankie was talking about Steve Irwin?

I loved the dialogue between Brass and Ray at the end. Compassion from Ray balanced out by humor from Brass to keep it from being cheesy. The Cath-Ray hug was cute too.

Overall, it was really nice to see so much screentime for every character, though I guess that was made possible by the relative deficit of lab rats and other recurring characters. Still, as much as I love the lab rats, I liked the screentime distribution of this episode more. I definitely got more of a flavor of the overall team dynamic.

I feel like this episode did the best job so far of really characterizing Riley. It's amazing how much more clear people's characters become when they're stuck in tough situations, and I definitely feel like we got a better sense of just about every team member as a result of the stress.

I absolutely adored this episode. I think Riley and Ray have really come into their own. It's definitely a challenge to fill Grissom's shoes, but LF is doing a phenomenal job, and I absolutely love Riley. She kicked so much butt in this episode, and did so very believably, without being too clichéd and superhero-ish. Personally, I think they both really bring a new (and, IMO, better) feel to the show. This is hands-down my favorite season yet, and not just because of the increase in Greg screentime. This episode, along with other new ones, has just felt so... fresh. It's like it combines the best attributes of a new show and those of an established one. I was pessimistic when cast members started leaving, but, after this episode, I really feel confident that the show has another 10 seasons left, at least. It really does feel like a new (and wonderful) beginning.

He may be a doctor, but that doesn't make performing surgery (especially since he's a pathologist, and not a surgeon) easy. He and Riley were both heroes, IMO, though, personally, I think performing surgery sounds harder. But, either way, they both did a great job.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Because that's how Steve Irwin died. He pulled out the stinger of that ray and basically bled to death. That's what would have happened to Reggie if he'd have pulled out the piece of glass.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I loved that reference to Steve Irwin, I loved the crocodile hunter. Although the injuries were similar Steve was stabbed in the heart, whereas Reggie had glass stuck closer to his shoulder.

And Nicksfriend - I agree with you, Ray should not have been the only one congratulated and hugged, Riley should have been too (and not off camera).

15. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Reggie's wound was also on the opposite side of the chest.

Can't really add anything more than what's already been said by everyone else. This was a really good, solid "team" episode and I enjoyed it very much.