"No Way Out" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 9, 2009.

1. cee

cee Victim

I thought Riley had a gun to her head.. But I might be wrong.

I think the episode is going to be really, really good *high expectations*
    The promo looks promising. Hmm.. Maybe we'll get to know more about Riley and her background.

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, Riley had a gun to her head. And she also got hit in the face with a gun. It looked painful... hence my "Wow, they break CSIs in early" comment.

I like Riley. I'm glad that she's one of the ones. Ray, I don't really care either way. I still can't bring myself to like him. It seems like we've had enough scenes with him. How about one of the other characters who we haven't seen much this season?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, Ray has to be there because he's a doctor and he's supposed to try to help that one dude (whom I'm guessing was shot by a rival gang or something?). So, the only other options they would have had would have been SuperDave and Doc Robbins.

4. JenAinslie

JenAinslie Police Officer

Oops, if that is Riley, poor Riley looks like a boy.... Oops... I seriously thought it was Greg... but then again the preview was 1 second long at the beginning so I kept missing it. Either way, my two faves... :) The whole team looks to have a little screen time in this one...

5. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

CBS online has the sneak peak video up now and we have our Catherine back and in charge...yeah!

When Nick looks at the dead little boy,that sadness is still evident,this is going to be a great episode for the team,I hope!

6. GregNickRyanFan

I watched the promo on cbs' site and it does look like Greg shoots someone, but the other person has a gun too. I really hope it isn't Greg, but you could only see the back of his head, so it could be a random cop.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-Bet it's a drill. Oh, look, I was right.
    -I do love the team making Riley pay for food since she missed the shot. :lol:
    -Aww. Greg with the mourning dad. I really like this scene.
    -I love that Riley calls Catherine "boss". It's so unusual on this show to hear that.
    -Hodges, you are not Archie. :lol:
    -"There is more to life than work. That's a lesson I learned from your predecessor." I love Catherine's double-take.
    -Coincidence. We here at CSI don't like the word.
    -I like that Riley kind of looks like she's slightly embarrassed for not thinking to call the number.
    -"You start carrying a gun, you can lead next time." People usually regret things like that. At least, they do in horror movies. XD
    -Wouldn't the phone not be ringing? It looked like Riley put her phone away.
    -"Do you have to do this very often?" "It's not part of my job." "Thank you."
    -Product placement. Never subtle, are we?
    -*whisper* "Riley!" Not a good sign.
    -I really love Riley's look at the guy with the gun. It's almost like "Really?"
    -"We're lab techs, we don't carry guns." Oh, that's going to be the thing that gets you bashed in the head, isn't it?
    -Hee. Callbacks to the beginning of the episode.
    -I really love take-charge Greg.
    -Cousin might be a bit stupid for the hostage-taking, but he's smart enough to know that the best way to ensure things with two people is to hold one of them at gun point while the other does something. That sounds like mumbling nonsense, doesn't it?
    -Riley is pretty cool under pressure. And when you can tell her head probably hurts.
    -I love how both of them look up like "Oh crap". I also love how Riley flinches.
    -Riley's, like, death-glaring the guy. She's not happy.
    -Nick is very second-in-command. I like it.
    -Hee, signals. This is a very signal-heavy episode.
    -Those white suit-things are extremely convenient. I'm guessing that it's hiding her weapon. Anyone that's read a Jefferey Deaver book knows that it's best to keep your gun outside of the suit.
    -Catherine and Nick take charge when it comes to their team. And the cops let them do it.
    -Oh, okay. It's not covered. Good. Smart.
    -Nice. I love how "Give me the gun, or he dies" is implied.
    -"He doesn't have to be a lost cause." And Ray still has faith in young suspects, because he hasn't been jaded by the job yet.
    -I love that Riley just has an ice pack to her head. On Criminal Minds she'd be sitting in the back of an ambulance, because they're very particular about concussions, I guess. *laughs*

Overall, I liked the episode. I liked that it was really a typical "character in danger" episode. There was no big running-into-the-building-to-save-the-day scene, and I felt that it worked that way. If I was grading, I'd say an A.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

ER much? lol.

the ep was very unlike CSI. most of the episode was happening in one location with not much forensic investigating. i guess it was ok, but i was a bit bored. *shrugs*

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought this was a very entertaining episode throughout. Yes, it was a bit un-CSI like, but that difference is what made it more interesting - the CSIs in cop-mode.

I love the way they've made Cath as a supervisor this time, compared to her previous Swing Shift command back in Season 5.

Ray & Riley were great under pressure.

I loved the hug at the end!

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I really loved this episode!

All the excitement and nervousness surrounding Greg carrying a gun and it was only a team game/exercise!! But it was kinda cool and sexy too just the same. And Greg, how can you not love this guy after the kindness and caring he showed to the man who lost his son?

I knew Riley would call Greg "Riley" after they were taken hostage and he called her Sanders. It was obvious she was going to do that since she did it in the game.

Ray and Riley handled themselves pretty well.

I thought the episode was exciting and well done, and I loved that the whole team was involved. Plus the ending scene showed how much they care for each other, they are truly a family.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I liked the end myself, I also often think there can still be hope for some young offenders, although not all sadly.

Yeah the hug was cool.

Interesting to see that for once they were dressed like real CSIs lol

12. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I will start off with a big ol Yeay Greg cause he's my favorite and then add Yeay everyone. This was the first ep that felt like everybody got their time in. I'm admiting my bias for Greg because there was alot of him being very emotiv-y :confused:.
    I was watching the opening scene and just goin dream squence dream squence
    This is not real:scream:. Then it wasn't real and I was happy again:p
    I give it A-,

Oh, and Ray never wear sunglasses. It turns you into Matrix guy.;)

ETA Why was Cathrine wearing a long winter coat at the end ? The rest were all wearing windbreakers. It looked werid

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I loved this episode. I personally thought it was one of the best TEAM episodes in ages. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat halfway through it.

The promo really had us fooled, but I liked how they had the team practice their gun training in the beginning. So I guess Greg and Ray are the newbies with guns. Always love it when Greg teases Riley.

I loved that we finally got to see Greg with a victim and helping to get the father to release the son and then him later on just telling the father they found the killer. I've been waiting to see something like this with Greg for ages. :)

Hodges trying to do Archie's job was funny.

The whole hostage bit I thought was well acted. The kid Frankie was really good at acting panicked.

Nick asking Riley the questions and her smartly answering with her hand signals. Glad she got to her gun and disarmed the kid.

And I loved the end with Catherine hugging Ray, who seemed uncomfortable at first but then gradually accepted it. Then Nick and Greg giving him the nod and shake too. Really showed that these 5 are a team.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I liked the episode myself. The paintball/drill scene. So that's why Greg had a gun. Never would have imagined that. Loved Riley calling him by her name. :lol: Nice seeing the team having fun, but at the same time practicing. Though what's the point when two of the team members don't even carry guns? I could never see this thing happening with Grissom, though it would have been fun seeing Grissom playing paintball drills. :lol:

Greg: Riley's buying.
    Riley: Oh, I'm buying? Well, I hope you all like value meals. :lol:

The paintball thing was great. They had me going there for a bit. :lol:

Loved Greg's talk with the boy's dad and trying to get him to release the body.

Woah, I like Cath's little fingerprint gadget. Way cool.

Greg telling the guy they got the killer of his son.
    Guy: I'd like to rip his heart out.
    Greg: I'd like to let you. :adore:

Guy to Greg: Cops like coffee, right? :guffaw:That line just made me giggle uncontrollably for a few secs. :lol:

Love that the code between Riley and Greg came back into play.

Glad Mitch recognized there was a camera.

Nick sneaking behind the vehicle to get info from Riley; Riley's hand signals. Great. Loved everyone shaking Ray's hand and Cath's hug there at the end.

Hodges' scene was a bit amusing. Him trying to cover for Archie when Cath knew all along. :lol:

Isn't that kid who played Frankie on some Disney or Nickelodeon show? Corey in the house maybe?

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Personally I thought the episode was great. I am so glad to see that tptb decided to continue the TEAM effort bit. Equal screen time for all. Well, except for my guy Hodges ("..hey, where'd it go?" Archie he so ain't...lol), but the storyline more then made up for it. So it wasn't completely to the classic forensic style show that CSI is obviously known for, but it's something that can easily happen given the situation, and refreshing to see a different angle. I like that they stepped slightly away from the typical murder scene.

Poor SuperDave, trying to do his job...and Greg stepping in to lend a hand. Also nice that to see that Greg took the time to re-visit the father after the fact, to give him the news...as hard as it may have been for him.

Also, another terrific final scene. Kudos to all the actors.

If I can't give this a 10...it's definitely a 9.

I know I'm missing out on things to comment on, but that is the major ones.