Episode 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' *** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I think the episode would have been much better and more shocking if they DIDN'T reveal the major plot twist in the promo! Even people who don't read spoilers and such saw that. I was sitting there the whole time knowing the kids HAD to have done it. I was just waiting for the confession basically. If they hadn't shown that in the promo I would have totally flipped my lid at the end. Great job, CBS.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Travers is trace. Valera is DNA, so there would be no reason for her to be processing that stuff. I don't think Travers was processing any dna. I believe Nat's speciality is DNA as well, but as a CSI I think she's also allowed to do trace as well.

That's exactly what I was wondering. Obviously if she stole the pills and blamed Julia, Horatio is not going to be happy when he finds that out and she'll probably be outta there so fast her head will spin.

CSIs wear jeans all the time. Nick, Greg, Warrick, Danny, etc... As long as the jeans are nice and don't have holes in the knees or grafitti on them, or as long as they are pulled up all the way and not hanging off their backsides (which I personally can't stand anyway lol), they're fine for CSI work. I believe Speed wore jeans a lot too and I think even Eric has worn jeans a time or two, maybe more. Nothing unprofessional about the jeans as long as they're presentable. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I think jeans are okay for CSI when their on the scene, it's much easier to move around esp. when your bending and doing a lot of walking.

I also think some characters look really great in jeans oppose to trousers.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Wearing jeans to a crime scene is much more practical than wearing suits or some of the designer clothes that is worn by the characters.Jeans are much more realistic for working some of the cases.A crime scene can be very messy,they should all consider wearing jeans,or some type of cover us,like has been worn on other shows.
    If it's not a way to get rid of her,the story just must be something we wouldn't think of.I couldn't imagine what it could be.Even if she took the drugs for someone else, she still stole drugs.

5. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

I think men wearing jeans with a dress shirt and tie look "professional" enough. It's IMO more realistic than women walking through glass and debris on a crime scene or chasing criminals in 4 inch pumps. (don't get me wrong, I adore those pumps, I just don't think they're very realistic)

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I don't think wearing jeans can be unprofessional. Ryan looks good in jeans and if he feels comfortable in it then I think it's ok.
    And I've been thinking about the same thing, I mean women's shoes. I guess it really must be a bit uncomfortable to wear that kind of shoes when you have to walk on so different surfaces. They are not walking only on pavements :).

As for Tara I think they are trying to develop her character. We don't know much about her, so it can be interesting to watch where it goes.

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Jeans seem unprofessional maybe but think about the way the CSI's dress most of the time. Seriously, they are way too dressed up. The stuff they wear and the woman would have their hair up. If you want to get technical about it, jeans are probably the right idea for that kind of job.

8. anamarya

anamarya Witness

off course that the jeans are more appropriate at crime scenes than the trousers and high heels. if and when they are do in court or to other more serious affairs they should "dress up" but for day by day.... jeans is ok. i wear jeans at work and i'm teaching in a university. we dress up only for conferences, phd theses and stuff like that. isn't practical or economicaly efficient to wear "good" clothes at work day by day.

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Exactly. The real people CSIs wear comfortable stuff, like jeans. Not so far as sweat pants, but they wear jeans/khakis and stuff like that. Most of them have those CSI shirts that are like, button down short sleeve things. But the main thing is that they wear shoe covers. Some wear full body suits, but all (the ones I've seen) wear shoe covers. With tennis shoes.

I don't mind a few innacuracies with those things, but the heels bother me every time. I don't mean to be rude, but the girls tend to look like cheap hookers with their stillettos and their boobs hanging out.

10. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Lawd, so many responses on my jeans comment.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the jeans on him, very flattering ;D but I think it looked out of place and looked unprofessional. Just my opinion.

As for the heals, I definitely agree! They're very unrealistic and awkward; the scene with Calleigh at the beginning showed that when she was walking in the grass. I mean; really! lol
    They're always soooo pretty and I love them but yeah, it can be a bit too much.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Oh god, I HATE khakis! Seriously, they don't look good on anyone IMO. :lol:

The heels, yeah very unrealistic. I have a pair of boots that have block heels (only a couple of inches) and those things kill my feet if I have them on for longer than ten minutes, sitting down! I cannot imagine wearing them to a crime scene. This is something that bugged me on Charmed as well. The girls were always chasing demons in those heeled boots. Ouch! :lol: As for stilettos, well I can't walk on those things at all. And I'm close to 5'9. I don't really need the inches, you know? :lol:

12. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I'm sure there's something more than just Tara being a drug addict. I'll be 'Ryan's gambling problems part two' and I find it very hard to believe that the writers will go the same route again. But this has the potential to end up a disaster so I'm sure it'll be entertaining to watch ;)

I don't think so. I don't see Tara feeling that close to Horatio, they don't seem to have more than a boss/employee relationship. And besides, anyone that claims to be close to H has to know that he's the only one that can bring peace and justice to the world, it's his job and the only reason he exists :guffaw:

But really, that'll be a stretch, even for Miami's standards, so I guess we're stuck with two options:

- She's a druggie: H will obviously get mad at her for framing Julia, but being the gold-hearted man he is, she'll be forgiven at the end. She has to, it just doesn't make sense to get rid of the actress if TPTB don't plan to bring Alexx back (and it doesn't seem the case)

- There's something more, either she's working for the bad guys or she's a mole for who knows what or who. Endless possibilities here. And H might know it too.

I highly doubt they're planning to kill or fire Tara-

And about Kyle, there's something that is bugging me. He's a teenager (about 17 or 18) and he sure acts like one, but I expected a more mature behavior for a kid that has spend his childhood in foster care and went to prison. He's almost too childlike and teenager-y and I think that's the main reason the viewers are still trying to adapt to his character. I hope his new job will help to define the character a little bit more.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, if they feel the actress/character isn't working out, they could be planning to have the character fired or killed. They might decide to replace her. The reason they hired a younger actress for that role was to bring in more younger vewiers. If that plan backfired, then I could see them replacing her with a new M.E. I doubt Alexx will come back, but they could always find a new one. Maybe they could do what Bones did with interns and rotate them next season. :lol:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just hope that the Tara storyline is not a repeat of Eric's weed story. He bought it but his intentions were good because of his dying sister, etc. Someone mentioned it over at the EC thread and I thought that for Tara to come out ok of all this mess that could actually be a possibility. She has a friend, family member, or whatever who needs it so she took them. Of all the storylines and ways this could go, this one would really dissapoint me. It would be totally recycled. I really prefer for her to have an actual drug problem and see how the show/team/only-Horatio deals with it.

15. GregNickRyanFan

But if she is a druggie, isn't that in a way recycled from Warrick's storyline in Season 8 or CSI (I think he was doing some kind of pills) and also Sara's storyline from a while back (only her vice was alcohol)?

I think it would be interesting if she was selling the pills (like that one worker at that mental hopsital in the "Committed" episode of CSI). :lol: