Episode 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' *** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

No!! What's Kyle going to doooo?! Just kidding. I'm not really that fond of that show anymore.

Emily and Meg looked especially pretty in that scene for some reason.

And Mr. Trager (dead guy) did not look dead at all to me.

Still not much of a fan of Tara though. :(

2. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

For the people who can't see the preview, I posted it here: link

Thanks to Kris for her help!

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Thanks for the video lusiana88, I sort of missed the promo last week.

Poor Tara, already getting hit on the head.

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Uhm I'm kind of really confused on the last scene there with Tara. Did she have those pills because she realized she actually hadn't put them in the evidence box and got Julia and Kyle in trouble for no reason, or is she the one who stole them?

Tons of time for Michael Travers tonight, I think he was in the episode more than Ryan and Natalia. :lol: Plus there was some other new guy that Ryan was sort of teasing.

I loved how Calleigh said "oh babe come this way" to Tara. It seemed such a Calleigh thing to say.

I love Frank so much, that's all. And he didn't even do much. But that guy calling him 'honey' was funny. ;)

Aaw, I love that Julia is finally done with Kyle (for now at least) and even though he's not living with Horatio, he still has his own place all thanks to Horatio. I didn't realize this would be the episode he got the job in the morgue. I think I'm going to like having him there more than I thought.

I agree. o_O He didn't look very dead to me either.

One more episode between Ryan's storyline. *keeps counting down*

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I loved this episode. :D

First of all, totally loved the AC/DC they threw in there when Julia and Kyle were on the road. I think I actually squeed out loud. :lol: Cool points for CSI:Miami!

I'll put the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler code as it hasn't yet aired in all the timezones.

Oh MAN I totally called the kids were the ones who did it and I called that the guy was leading a double life with two families--hadn't seen the promos and I couldn't remember the spoilers but anyway...

It kind of reminded me of 'Losing Face' when Aurellio Moreno had two wives that had no idea the other existed. (except these ones knew the other existed) It was an interesting twist to an already-done storyline.

But oh man, is Tara a drug addict now? I know it was mentioned earlier on in the episode that she had an old shoulder injury and stealing pain medication would certainly do the trick so they definitely left that scene open to interpretation. I'm hoping she's a drug addict just because it would be something to discuss about her character other than 'oh, she's the coroner and she's young. Doogie Howser FTW'. That said, I didn't expect that she knew where the pills had ended up. I was expecting Julia to be the one that stole them but as usual, Miami plants a red herring.

Horatio getting Kyle a job and an apartment = epic win. I was thinking at first Kyle was going to be living at Horatio's place which would have been really lame for me but it's nice to know that Horatio wants Kyle to be independant and that's something Kyle wants as well. Cool points for Papa Caine.

Travers certainly was in this episode quite a bit. Does this mean they aren't throwing him into the recycle bin yet? :D Yay!

Overall, I loved this episode. :)

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Kyle int he morgue is sooo interesting. Definitly appealing to me!
    And Ryan's shirt was cool, but I wish he'd have lost the tie.

7. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

OMG!!! Dr. Price is a druggie! I never would have thought! I think that she wanted Kyle to stay so he takes the rap, not her! And if that is the case, I really don't like her now! I was trying to give her a chance, but if she is just going to make Kyle get into trouble that is just wrong! :devil:

And the previews for next week! Ooo-la-la. I know it is supposed to be just Eric's "dream" but so cute! I mean they were in like what ONE scene together tonight! Oh yeah, and with the dead guy...I saw a mistake in the show. At first his eyes were open. When Calleigh and the druggie (lol) were examining him his eyes were closed!

8. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

Oh my goodness...i thought Julia had stolen the pills at the morgue but at the end of the episode it showed Tara stick them in her lab coat pocket. SHOCKING!!! I am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen with that.

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

WOW...Tara? Really? Goodness....I gasped.

I actually didn't mind the Kyle/Julia thing this time but I just hope we're done with Julia. Really sick of the psycho ex thing.

But H buying him that house? WHAT?!?!?! That was a load of poo! Isn't he like 16 or 17? The kid isn't that responsible! And that house probably cost about 2 million bucks! Come ON Miami!!!

Glad they didn't delve into the incest until the end. I knew from the start it had to be the kids though.

Ah, Ryan and Natalia back to their comfy inferior positions...

Love Michael Travers.

Edit: Squinn1201, they did that closed eyes thing on purpose. One of the first things they do on a scene like that is close the victim's eyes bc it can be a bit disturbing to people who don't work around dead bodies all the time (patrol officers, firemen, stuff like that)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  10. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Hey y'all!

So anyways... I was completely shocked with Tara. I really hopes she comes clean about the pills. I really do.

Lucky Kyle! I want to be Horatio's kid. I want him to buy me an apartment in Miami. Preferably Miami Beach LOL

Did anyone catch Eric sliding in Calleigh's chair for her? He had his hand on it and it looked like he slid it in just a little.

That was a good episode! Next week looks pretty cool, I can't wait of course!

11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Well, okay, first off, except for the ending I loved the episode.

The murder itself was pretty interesting, even if it was obvious that the kids did it. I didn't see the pregnancy thing coming, though.

Kyle and Julia on the road! Wow! And when Julia said to Horatio "I asked him to slow down..." I just wanted to slap her!

The thing with Kyle answering the phone was half funny, half awkward. I loved how Horatio got all parental on Kyle though - "Don't do it again."

What I did not love was the whole Kyle apartment thing. I was confused enough by the fact that he has a full time job (apparently.) According to his birthday he's seventeen. Which means he should be in school, not working. And it also means that he can't be living on his own. Why can't he live with Horatio? That's what I wanted!

Still, great episode. Solid A.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LMAO at that ceremony. A dicorce ceremony haha. Kind of a dumb thing to spend your money on especially in these troubling economic times. Why not go out with friends and party to celebrate with drinks at a bar or going to dinner and a show or something less expensive. Yeesh.

since when does Horatio not get the line before the opening credits? :lol:

Ryan winked again. :lol: I love when he does that. :adore:

AC/DC! Cool!

Okay, I'm annoyed again. That Kyle/Horatio/dead body scene is way too much like when Cath (Vegas) showed her daughter a dead body to teach her a lesson. It annoys me when Miami rewrites Vegas storylines. Ugh.

:lol: at that guy calling Frank honey, but I wish we'd seen Frank's immediate reaction to that. :lol:

:lol: I knew Kyle was gonna puke.

Woah! I like the new lab guy. Yummy!

That kid (vics son) needs a haircut badly, you can barely see his eyes.

:lol: the back and forth interrogations of the two wives cracked me up.

What the heck was that last scene with Tara? Is she working for Saris against Julia/Kyle/Horatio or did she take the pills cause she needed them for her injury? If it's either, she'll probably get fired, especially if its that she's working for Saris. But how would he get a ME in his pocket?

13. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I did not see that coming! I could have sworn I thought it was Julia! I'm sure that my jaw dropped down to the floor! Wow. I'm sure everyone's going to find out about it later, which means she could lose her job. Shame, I actually like her in this ep.

14. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

What an ending!!!

Things have definately gotten more interesting for Dr. Tara Price. Definately did not see that coming!! I know one thing, i'll definately be watching her more now!!

Ryan was epic in the few scenes he was in...as always. Loved the shirt, but I think it was one of those few instances that I hated the tie. But he's the kind of guy that makes anything look good so...you're forgiven wardrobe team! :drool:

I actually liked the Kyle/Julia/Horatio interaction in this episode. Yay for H being the cool dad and getting Kyle an apartment. I agree with the group, it would have been lame for him to live with Horatio.

I personally didn't see the kids doing it coming. I really was suspecting one of the wives. I probably wasn't paying that much attention.

Yay for Travers being in 4 scenes! I think he's sticking around for a bit! :)

Overall, really good epsiode as always! And it's only two more episodes before 7.20! *is VERY anxious to see*

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't usually post comments on Miami episodes in here, but I thought I'd say a few things about this one. ;)

First of all, I *heart* Peter Paige, and I thought he was awesome as Glenn. Very feisty. :p His "honey" line to Frank was hilarious. Too bad they didn't need to bring him back for another round of interrogating later on. I would have enjoyed it.

The promo gave too much away, but at least the fact that the kids were having a baby was a surprise. I'm not sure why they killed their father, honestly. Why ruin your own life and that of your child?

Speaking of surprises, I was shocked at the end when Tara took out the pills - I figured she'd find them and it would be an "oh, they were just misplaced, we misjudged Julia" moment, but then she actually took some. :eek: Now I'm wondering what that's going to mean long-term.

I'm curious to see where things go with Kyle working in the morgue.

Overall, a more interesting episode than usual for me - at least regarding a few parts of it. The 'man with two families' storyline isn't anything new, but other parts of it were interesting.

And hey, I can make my own chloroform. Neat-o! :p

(Also, Travers is adorable and I want to cuddle him, and the new guy needs a haircut. ;))