Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah but they're under a different leader now and there's a new Under Sheriff, so continuity isn't a factor.

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

What was I thinking?:)

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Press release 200th episode:
    THE CSI TEAM DELVES INTO THE WORLD OF MEXICAN WRESTLING WHEN ONE OF LANGSTON'S FORMER STUDENTS IS FOUND MURDERED, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, APRIL 2 This Marks the 200th Episode of the Series

Directed By Academy Award and Golden Globe Award Winner William Friedkin ("The Exorcist")

"Mascara" - Langston is shocked when his former student is found murdered and becomes the focus of a CSI investigation into the world of Mexican wrestling, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, April 2 (9:00-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner William Friedkin ("The Exorcist") directs this 200th episode of the series.

Source: CBS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, Nick wasn't allowed to do a DB solo, because Grissom didn't think he was ready. It had nothing to do with what level he was. Though if Catherine was in charge, I don't think this would've been a problem.

Level 1's can process a scene by themselves. I am sure the Las Vegas Crime Lab is busy and you can't always have 2 CSIs on the scene. I'm sure with their first few cases someone has to be with them, to show them the ropes, but after that they could be alone.

However, I love that it seems that Greg went from a Level 1 right to a Level 3, because I don't recall them ever mentioning him being a Level 2.

Carrying a gun doesn't matter on the Level either. I believe the Vegas crime lab requires their CSI's (which are civilians, by the way) to carry guns. Some CSIs in other cities don't, but most do because it is usually a cop or detective that does the evidence gathering.

However, this is TV and they can pretty much do what they want :shifty: so there ya go! :lol:

I know, off topic, but I had to put my 2 cents in!

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hehe. That guy's name is really Tequila Mockingbird.

Has anyone seen anything directed by Friedkin before? I've been hearing a lot of hype about him, but don't really know much about him other than that he worked with WP on a movie. What is his style, and what other stuff is he known for?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well he directed last year's episode, Cockroaches. He worked with WP on To Live and Die in LA, I believe.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm pretty certain that he is an actual wrestler, being a wrestling fan the name sounds familliar.

I wonder if Nick will get to speak any spanish for this episode?

8. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

Well, describing his style probably warrants an essay, but if forced to give it a simple description, I would probably call his films gritty and frenetic. His two most famous movies are The French Connection and The Exorcist. The film he made with Petersen is To Live and Die in L.A., which wasn't successful when it was released, but it is a genuinely great film. It's basically a deconstruction of the action genre.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hey folks lets remember not to repost like that the whole thing, you can post the name of the ep, the date and the summery and if folks want to see the cast name and such just post a link to the the place you got the episode info from, same goes for quoting like was done. It takes less space and is a lot easier. Thank you. ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

From E!online's Watch with Kristin, March 9:

Obviously I'm not complaining. In fact, I can't wait either.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I knew it! I knew that they had to be using that title for a reason, and since it was the theme song to China Beach, I figured it had to be something to do with that.

I can't wait to see this - wonder if Grissom will feature in the flashback? And I assume it's all to do with the subpeona.

Oh and I wonder if we'll get any of the China Beach alum in this episode? We've already had Laurette and Dodger on the show - and I think Beckett has been on CSI: Miami.

12. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I jsut went to cbspress and I feel rather bummed...Mascara,the 200th episode seems focused on Langston's character..I guess I thought being that this is the 200th episode of the team being together that the show wouldn't fccus on just one person,especially someone who has only been there for 10 episodes, but the team that has been together for 200 episodes,the team that has made this show what it is today,successful..this really is going to depress me.

13. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI 9x22 "The Gone Dead Train"

STORY LINE
    A series of indeterminate deaths test the deductive powers of the CSI team, who fear that a public health emergency may be in the offing. Meanwhile, a friendly rivalry over who will win an upcoming bikini contest takes a deadly turn...

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I don't think you're the only one who feels that way. It is sad.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It just says Ray is shocked that the vicim is one of his former students. It didn't say he's going to be the only one doing the investigation. In fact, I think because there's a connection between the victim and Ray, he will have to try not to get too emotional, and he will need help from his colleagues to solve the case. We've been fooled by press releases and promos too many times. So I guess I will just wait and see.

To be frank, I really don't think this episode is any different, maybe except the fact that it's the 200th episode. I mean, I don't think they'd plan something special for the episode just because it's the 200th. At least Ch-Ch-Changes a.k.a. the 100th episode wasn't that unforgetabble IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.