Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

1. Yes, they've clearly worked out their problems

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Yes, but only because they have a baby on the way

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. No, not now, but maybe at some point down the road

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. No, their history proves they're not right for each other

46 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Danny and Lindsay, but especially Lindsay, have a lot of growing to do before they walk down the aisle. They should not get married for the baby's sake. Too many people do that and then end up splitting up and divorcing a few years later.
    If they get married, they need to do it because they love each other and want to be together. It is more then the "right thing to do." It is about love, commitment, respect, and sacrifice. If they marry because they feel they have to for the baby, they are forcing themselves into it. That just makes the whole thing worse.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hell no! I voted for the last one. There's no chemistry between them. They should not be getting married. It's so obvious that it's only because of the baby. There's no law that states you have to get married just because you're having a kid.

There's only one thing that would make this baby/marriage stuff worth me having to sit through and it's already been said above - If Lindsay would get killed off quickly. :p

3. adamandeva

adamandeva Witness

i vote for no not now mybe later i like them in s2 but since then there has nothing i am just so:scream::brickwall::censored: over the hole storyline

4. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Danny and Lindsay getting married is a big mistake. But I guess they are trying to do the right thing for their kid.

5. anamarya

anamarya Witness

IDK, maybe in time.... when they both grow up... from all the CSI characters i think they they are going in reverse....i don't have anything against running after their tails, but this too....the story has no continuity... i used to like them...after "Snow Day" i was like...finally, now they can act like normal people. BUT...and it was a big but.... i didn't Lliked Linsday's reaction to Danny's trauma,i didn't liked that even if she [prpobably felt guilty for not beeing there for him she fotgot and forgave a little too easy about Ricky. I actually don't blame Danny for that one but for other thingslike proposing out of the blue, speaking about private things with strangers,etc.
    i'm starting to ramble and that is not a good sign...

6. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

"Hell to the No" - Whitney Houston

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

No, no, no, and.. did I mention no?

I am still waiting for the logic of the marriage. First, Danny feels guilty and his father muscles tell him that he should propose to Lindsay, on a corner of a street, during work, with no ring whatsoever. This screams: "I'm guilty, no condom used, let's get married instead of saying sorry". And she said no. And kudos to her for that one. And now, out of the blue, they run to tie the not. Now where's the sense in that?

I see that they will not have a common marriage. There isn't enough for them to live peacefully. Don't forget that not too long ago Danny forgot her birthday (in CSI time it was a year ago, right?). It's just a train that is accelerating before a dangerous turn and it will derail.

8. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

I didn't like how Lindsay refused to get married to Danny at first. In some ways I can see the regret in her eyes. I just don't think they make a very good couple. I don't like it at all.

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Sometimes the right thing is NOT getting married. This is 2009. Pregnancy doesn't mean there has to be a marriage. If they think a baby and marriage will make all their problems go away, they are in for a rude awakening. A newborn requires a lot of care and attention and they're 'relationship' is already crappy. Nobody, not even the two of them, know when they were and weren't together.

I liked it since he did such a crappy job of asking. Had they been somewhere private it might not have seemed so strange but given where he asked her and the questions leading up to it, I don't blame her for turning him down. Even when they talked about it again was lame. Walking down the hallway at work. Don't those two ever have conversations outside of work? Lindsay seems to know the real reason Danny asked her and IMO, I wouldn't want somebody to marry me JUST because he got me pregnant. It doesn't mean he loves her any more than as a close friend since he'd had chances to tell her before and didn't. It doens't even mean he really wants to marry her but that he just feels an obligation. Not good enough reasons to marry.

10. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

That's probably one of the worst things about the way their relationship has been from the get go. When you look back on their off the clock interactions, we've got a relationship that we've only seen as Lindsay standing Danny up for what would have been their first date, without so much as an explanation, Danny chasing her across the country, sloppy drunk sex on a pool table, Danny turning away from Lindsay while he grieved, and a seriously contrived phone call about how only people from Montana ever take walks in the rain. Wow. They're so meant to be.

I think if we were even given the slightest impression that they were capable of being stable away from work they might have some sort of foundation to base a marriage on. The fact that ALL their melodrama plays out at work not only must be a serious point of contention for their bosses, but makes it look like when they punch out at the end of the day they don't talk, or make a point to see each other. As if Danny says to himself, "Gee, I guess I should ask Lindsay if she wants to get married now that she's knocked up. I should call her... ah, what the hell I'll catch her at work tomorrow." How deep and meaningful.

Like kinkapoodles said, I think most of us know by now that a shotgun wedding is NOT the solution to an unexpected pregnancy. Bringing a child into a loveless marriage isn't going to benefit anyone, mother, father or unborn child. Danny and Lindsay are relatively young people and I'd have pegged at least one of them to be progressive enough to stop be and say whoa, I don't want to get married, and even if I did in the long run, we'd be doing this for the wrong reasons to run off and get it done now. Perhaps that's really the networks politcal agenda shining through, but it's plain as day and seriously disrupting the drama.:shifty:

Ugh, there really isn't a part of this I'm buying as believable. For shame.

11. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

Well...I saw the preview for Wednesday's CSI: Ny and i think Lindsay and Danny do get married. I hate how they bring relationships and love into the shows. It is a crime scene show and it should stay that way. I like the characters just not their relationships.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yes, they do.

While I don't mind them bringing relationships into the show, I am sick of it almost always being main characters hooking up. Mac and Peyton worked well because she was recurring so we didn't have to dread seeing shippy scenes every single week. With DL, we've been subjected to crap since season 2 when they were just doing silly teenage flirting.

13. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

IMO pregnancy is one of the worst reasons for a couple to get married. But, Danny seems like he's a traditional type of guy. And he's always looking for some kind of approval. So, he's just trying to do the "right" thing. It seems like he wants the baby more than he wants her, anyway.

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That's definitely obvious. The fact that he couldn't express any feeling toward her before she was pregnant says a lot about that. :rolleyes:

If the writers really wanted to go for reality, they could stick with the marriage plan for a while, since like Robin said Danny seems to be just trying to do the right thing for his child. It would be so much more realistic though for them to realize before the wedding (though I doubt that will happen now) or after its all gone down that its not working out, that they only married for the baby's sake and they still have issues. In that respect, I could stand them getting married for now, realizing its not working out, and divorcing later to raise the baby seperately. It's not a perfect lovey dovey little family, but it works, and its realistic and believable.

But of course, this is CSI:NY...and as of late, we don't get much of realistic OR believable...

15. lentus

lentus Victim

Aff, if he just wants the baby, no need to marry her, even if a guy tradiconal. Would like the relationship that Lindsay: in the baby steps. They are financially independent. Responsibilities with the child? The two will have, whether single or married.
    Well ..... Danny really loves Lindsay, they will marry and whether or not we see the two together, happy, with problems, with difficulty, finally, things in life.

I like the two together, and I hope many controversies in the future for them.​