Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

1. Yes, they've clearly worked out their problems

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Yes, but only because they have a baby on the way

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. No, not now, but maybe at some point down the road

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. No, their history proves they're not right for each other

46 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That's been my belief all along. It's just that right now he has to go through her to get to the baby and sometime after they're wed, could be weeks, months, whatever, he's gonna realize that it was the baby he loved and not her.

Yes, he always is and that's a big problem for him. He should have backed off when Lindsay said she didn't want to marry him. Danny does this all the time. When somebody pushes him away, he goes out of his way to get that person's approval. It's one character flaw he has that's not healthy.

Crime dramas don't get couple together in the fifth season of a probably long running show and keep them happily married the entire time. They are doomed to have one problem after another and I even see ending the marriage being one of them.

2. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

To me this whole situation seems to be perpetuating the myth that marriage is some kind of catchall solution to any problem a couple faces. Sorry kids, you'll still be "scared" even though the vows have been said. Heck, you'll maybe be even more so since now you've entangled a legal commitment into the mix. Congratulations, if the co-mingling of your genes doesn't create a dumbass I'll be surprised.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Bitten, great to see you back! :D

I voted No, not now, because I think the wedding was rushed. There was a desperation to Danny's desire to marry her before she headed out of town that was very much in character...but doesn't bode well for them in the long run.

Exactly. Danny is needy and insecure, and he was pressing the issue because of those qualities. If he was a woman, we'd be calling him desperate :rolleyes: but because of the inherent sexism in our society, it gets labeled as "persistent."

You know what might have sold me on the wedding? If Lindsay had been the one to drag Danny to the courthouse. If she had made the move to bring them together. It would have given her some character development, too, which she's been sorely lacking for the last few seasons.

4. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

It also seems to me that Lindsay is more amused by Danny than has any deep feelings for him. It's almost like he's some kind of pet monkey or something to her. I feel bad for her now that she's trapped in marriage. She's going to have two babies to take care of.

5. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I can barely understand how this is even a question, but no, Danny and Lindsay should not be getting married.

Having a baby =/= being in love or needing to get married. Both Lindsay and Danny are financially independent adults who have seen enough tragedy through both their personal and their professional lives that they should understand how incredibly flawed their plan is. Marriages that aren't based on love pretty much always fall apart, with varying degrees of badness; there have been more than enough "Spouse 1 kills Spouse 2 because X" cases to demonstrate this.

In regard to their relationship, Lindsay's monologue from "Right Next Door" comes to mind:

This, to me, is the ultimate proof that Danny and Lindsay have no business pursuing a romantic relationship whatsoever. They can't communicate with each other, and communication is one of the extremely basic necessities in building good relationships, in building good marriages. There are just a lot of things that I feel the two don't realize at the moment, and that when they finally do get it, it will be a nasty shock.

It's certainly made no better by Danny's insecurity and Lindsay's self-absorption. He tries too hard to live up to expectations that he sets for himself, and that others seem to set for him, to a point where he becomes somewhat pathetic. She is dang near incapable of providing solace for others, and often focuses solely on herself, to the point of storming out of work and standing up dates.

If they stay married, all I'll expect is a constant cycle of, "He does something stupid, she gets mad, he apologizes, she ignores him, he does something nice/dangerous/even stupider than before, they have make-up sex. Repeat steps one through six."

I think the sign in the hallway should have said, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here," rather than "Marriage Licenses, $25." :rolleyes:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Exactly. That wasn't fun to watch when they were supposedly dating. It'll be even worse now that their married and have a kid. Lindsay can now threaten to divorce him and take the kid back to MONTANA! This whole story line is just so ill conceived it's pathetic. If by some miracle TPTB decide to mature them at least a little it might not be so painful to watch, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Almost four seasons in Lindsay has had zero development and I don't expect that to change. And Lindsay not getting any development means Danny stays stagnant just because he's tied to her. It's quite sad for a once interesting character.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

1) Aw, but "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. How about "Turn back! No, seriously, DON'T DO IT!!!" :lol:

2) I agree about what will happen now that they're married. It'll be the same constant cycle that, quite honestly, isn't that interesting. My mom and I were talking about the whole Bristol Palin thing, and I said that the fact that having a kid doesn't mean that they need to marry is the thing that I find annoying about Danny and Lindsay. She said, "Yeah, but they're adults." The only thing I could respond? "No, they're not, really. Sometimes they're more like 12-year-olds than Wendy and Hodges were in Lab Rats, and that's saying something." And she couldn't argue with that. Danny and Lindsay are both clingy, needy people, which will just turn into a boiling pot of poor interactions that will make up a "marriage"- and I just don't want to see it.

8. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

This is like asking "Should you REALLY be playing that rousing game of Russian Roulette?"

9. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Hell no, they should not be married...the only person for Danny is Flack :)

10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Um, I haven't been watching much this season, but....No, No NO!

As the poll says, their history proves that they aren't right for each other.

They don't communicate outside of work, and even then, they do a poor job of it.

Count me in for another vote that this will result in a passive aggressive cycle of he does something insensitive/stupid, she gets all butthurt, threatens to take the baby away to Montana, then he crawls on his knees for her.

They are certainly not mature enough for each other, and I agree that Danny does care for her, maybe even "loves" her in the sense of caring for her, but what he really wants/cares for deeply is the baby.

I understand the notion of doing right by your child, and the child's mother, but still, they don't need to be in any kind of romantic relationship, much less being married. Besides, in the year 2009, there are other options to do that. Mark my words, this will end badly.

11. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

There's no chemistry... they don't work well together. It's obvious that Carmine isn't fond of the pairing, because he doesn't put as much work into their scenes as he did with Danny and Rikki. Anna Belknap's acting... could be better (and I'm saying that nicely). But... unfortunately, it's too late. TPTB made their bed, and now they must lie in it.

12. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi No i don't think Danny and Lindsay should get married , becasue Season 4 show that they are not right for each other .

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

no way they have clearly shown they dont love each other. they dont even seem to like each other that much i think their whole relationship in season 5 has been rushed and is the worst pairing i have ever seen on tv. i have more chemistry with my dog than they do.
    i mean get real danny is a fantastic character and it would be great to see him fall in love and be happy but instead he is shoving a woman he doesnt love and who has already said no to marriage down the aisle. this will never work!!

14. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

and i cant believe anyone in the lab doesnt say anything come on they are smarter than that. and mac practically PUSHED HIM i mean what does i say when your boss convinces you to get married. shame on mac he should have been smarter and shame on danny for listening

15. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Yeah, actually, you do have a point there.

(What happened to the professional Mac who didn't want to mix personal and professional lives??)

Unfortunately, however, they created the pairing and made the characters marry.

Maybe they'll have a divorce. If a couple in real life got married, and the couple were just like Danny and Lindsay, then 9 times out of 10, that couple would get divorced.

Then again, TPTB would probably ignore the lack of chemistry and love between them. :rolleyes: