Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I'm EXCITED for 7.20, blood or no blood. I'm squeamish, too. :eek: I wouldn't suggest throwing out the whole eppy just because of a torture scene that's probably not going to be more than 3 minutes long. Though, I thought we see Ryan kidnapped and tortured at the end of 7.19, not in 7.20? Then we go to 7.20 and it starts with Ryan cleaning his injuries. Maybe plot changed and such.
    :confused:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

The episode thread for 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' has now been posted Here

Please move discussion for that episode over there now. Thanks! :)

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I say yes for the blood, I think they'll do a number on his face. I'm sure he and the team will get whomever is responsible.

4. Wasabi Power

In the promo pics looks like they choke him, too. Yikes! Wouldn't there be obvious bruising though? How do they expect no one to notice?

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I wouldn,t think they would do too much to his face because they don't want it noticed.
    He does look as though as if he's being choked.

6. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I forgot that no one is suppose to notice, duh. I think someone on the team will notice even the smallest bruise. I'm so excited, the pics look so dramatic.

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I thought that Ryan lying to the team came before he was kidnapped. I mean, it would be pretty hard for him to be in work when he's kidnapped! Unless it's the weekend...but I can't imagine that his injuries would go away that quickly.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If I remember correctly,this starts at the end of episode 7.19(the kidnapping)The lying comes after that.There wouldn't be any reason to lie before then,I read that the beating convinces him to cooperate.Episode 7.20 actually has him taking care of his own wounds.The manipulating of evidence starts after the beating and Billy is kidnapped for extra insurance. I did wonder if perhaps Ryan was kidnapped or beaten more than once because the mob wasn't satisfied or convinced he was doing all could do.

Edit ,spoiler posted by delkolover re:episode 7.20
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showpost.php?p=865601&postcount=840

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Ok, okay I see. Thanks for clearing that up, greatfan. It makes sense that they want Ryan "in their pocket." I just hope that the team doesn't get too angry with him when he starts "breaking the rules."

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm sure part of the team will be angry to start with at least. Horatio does figure out what is going on. I don't know when the rest of the team finds out.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all you CSI Miami and fellow hiphuggers.
    As some of you know from a chatroom next door. I am a huge hiphugger fan. But I am also a European highugger which means I don´t quite get this:
    Forensic drama CSI: Miami has been named the world's most popular TV show in a study of ratings in 20 countries. Scource: BBC News
    Yes it is LV but LV is the flagship of the franchise:)
    Since then it has been a constant fight between the two shows, because even when CSI beats Grey in the ratings, CSI always had lower ratings among the younger viewers, the category most wanted by advertisers. Some critics have said that CSI is now taking the characters into more romantic paths so as to compete with Grey, although this has been denied by Carol Mendelsohn Source Wiki

So my question is:
    How much influence does advertiserwishes have on the storyline? Is the E/C just an excuse for cutting an actor and bring in younger blood in Season 8? ? NB! “Sex and the City” has ended but did in it´s time attract the teens also.
    Am now loosing all hope of ever getting my EC – “ Blue lagoon” makeover. I am telling you the actors would love a holiday in the sun;-). Hmmm am now wondering if Bingoland is open on Monday.LOL

12. Wasabi Power

OKay, so, my guesses:
    At the end Ryan gets kidnapped
    Supposedly, Ryan is show cleaning his wounds at the beginning, but then I don't know where the Promotional pictures fit in, but they just MIGHT be flashbacks. Or maybe, Ryan finishes up doing the bad guys' biddings, then goes to get Billy himself, ends up getting captured again, and then Horatio comes in and saves the day.

Tooooo many theories.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There are a lot of theories,but I have the very same ones that you do.I also wondered if Ryan is kidnapped a second time(see my post above)
    and Horatio saves Billy.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

From the spoilers I saw, he gets kidnapped at the end of 719 but I don't think he is actually missing per se. I think as far as the team is concerned he tells him he is somewhere so they don't come looking.... b/c he is abducted via a flat tire to his hummer and then in the spoilers I read we see his phone vibrating b/c Eric is trying to call him and the person who abducted him, grabs the phone....the spoilers cut off there but I am thinking that Ryan is told to come up with an excuse so the team doesn't get suspicious.....once they are done beating the crap out of him they let him go b/c he they need him to be working the case etc.

So the pics we see for ep 720 could be part of a flashback sequence that we see of his abduction.....I don't think he gets re-abducted. From the spoilers H learns what is going on from Billy's dad and he sets off on his own to find out what happened to Ryan and Billy. While H is doing this, Ryan is still working the case. That is how *I* understood and read the spoilers.

At this point, until we see the ep....anything is possible ;)

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Does Billy's dad know something happened with Ryan,or does H just put things together from Ryan's action and the fact that Billy is missing,or does he just find out about Ryan while trying to find Billy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.