• Calleigh/Jake #2 - "I did it for you"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Calleigh/Jake #2 - "We can't live like this!!"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he took a risk for her"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And one more thing
If the relationship is supposed to be a big secret, you don't suppose TPTB would bring Jake back just so he can be the one who outs them? They wouldn't stoop that low, would they?

Oh, I hope not! I don't want Jake to be the reason for that relationship to end. Some people already dislike him enough as it is. Personally, I would rather it be like: Jake returns, sees that Calleigh's with someone else and tells her something like he's happy for her if she's happy and as much as he wants her with him, he won't disrupt her happiness for his own reasons. I want to see her be impressed with that and then she can ponder where she truly belongs. If it is ended I want it to be because both parties amicably choose to, not for Jake to be the reason for it to end (at least not in the sense that he tattled on them- I would hate that with a passion).

Last edited:
And one more thing
If the relationship is supposed to be a big secret, you don't suppose TPTB would bring Jake back just so he can be the one who outs them? They wouldn't stoop that low, would they?

Obviously TPTB can stoop pretty low. However, I don't think they would use Jake to "out" them. Ryan is already suspicious, & I can almost guarantee that thier "secret" will be out to everyone by season's end. Not that I think Ryan will purposely do it, but I definitly smell a bigger storyline in regards to them trying to keep a secret. As we know, in this lab, nothing stays a secret for long. That is when the shit will likely hit the fan. ;)

I wouldn't put it past them, they can say it's a result of all the trauma they've thrown at her over the past couple years. It's not like they aren't already guilty of that with regards to another character.
Trauma = New personality.
Again....more ENFORCING from TPTB just to make things "work". :rolleyes: Give me a break. At this point they should just cancell the show, because it's becoming nothing more than a laughing stock.

I'm glad neither of you think TPTB would stoop that low. I would hate to think they'd use Jake's character that way, but these days I have little faith in the Miami writers. Plus, I recall in Corey's interview, he said something about wanting to throw him into the mix and seeing what drama came out of it. That's what got me wondering. It would be out of character for Jake, though. I liked how you put it, GNRFan. That's exactly what I'd like to see. I think Jake would want Calleigh to be happy, and if she's happy with someone else, I don't see him getting into a snit about it (like some people). I want Calleigh with Jake for the right reasons. Which once again leaves me happy that their relationship came together so naturally, that they were happy and ended things sadly, but tenderly.

You're right, I forgot about Ryan being on to them. As long as it's not Jake, I don't care who outs them.

Did anyone catch that promo? It was enough to turn me off Miami for good. Unless, of course, they come to their senses and bring Jake back. Have I been watching a different show because I really don't get all this out of the blue, madly-in-love from Calleigh is coming from. Where has she been hiding it? And am I the only one who thought that voice over - 'nothing can keep them apart' was akin to a 'kiss of death'? I mean, does anyone really think it's going to be happily-ever-after from here in out?

Do you suppose Calleigh even knows where Jake is? Or was she fine with him just walking out the door to an uncertain future god knows where without another thought? I'd like to think they've had some contact...that is if Calleigh hasn't been too preoccupied 'with other things'. I really hope he comes back before the season ends or my Monday nights just got a whole lot freer.

Do you suppose Calleigh even knows where Jake is? Or was she fine with him just walking out the door to an uncertain future god knows where without another thought? I'd like to think they've had some contact...that is if Calleigh hasn't been too preoccupied 'with other things'. I really hope he comes back before the season ends or my Monday nights just got a whole lot freer.
If TPTB are trying to make us think that she was ok with him leaving then they're even more messed up than I thought!

I don't care how "happy" they try & make us believe she is....it's still a crock of shit the way it's all panned out. I've never seen such a ridiculous story in my life.
Okay, note to whoever is out there, we must live by TPTB's words....when your life turns to crap, & the person you love goes away then settle for second best cause sloppy seconds is apparently the way to go.
What a freakin' joke. This show can take my hour viewing & it stick it gently where the sun don't shine. ;)

Guys, I've had to come in and say this before, but this thread is about Calleigh and Jake, and therefore discussion in here should ONLY be about that ship. Just because you don't like what TPTB have done with another ship, it does not mean that you can come in here and post like that, this post may be seen by some people as offensive. So please in the future keep discussion on other ships to a minimum, and at all times keep it civil!!

Thank you,
Steph.

I honestly and truly think that Jake was Calleigh's first true love (and who knows maybe she was Jake's first true love as well). What do you all think?
GNRFan, I meant to respond to this and forgot. I absolutely think each was the other's first significant relationship and first real love. I've thought that from the first. And I think there were a lot of unresolved issues and feelings between them (after their initial break-up years ago) that quickly rose to the surface once they entered each other's lives again. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Calleigh was Jake's only significant love. I don't doubt there have been women (and probably lot's of them) but love? Probably not if he'd been living undercover all those years. I think Calleigh was different. And maybe he finally figured that out this time (after he had gone back undercover) only to return and find out it was too little, too late.

However, I still don't think these two have resolved all the stuff that's between them. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me for them to have a part 3 to their relationship. Maybe then, they will finally get it right. One can always hope, at least.

:lol: Jake, the ladies' man. :adore:

I still don't think these two have resolved all the stuff that's between them. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me for them to have a part 3 to their relationship. Maybe then, they will finally get it right. One can always hope, at least.

Well, they do say that the third time is the charm. :D I still don't really know quite what to think though. I mean, I'm a little disenchanted with Calleigh at the moment. I'm kind of the opinion that if she were to want him again, maybe it should be too late and he should be married to someone else (some we've never seen before). If Cal should ever want Jake again, I don't think he should make it easy for her. I think she should have to fight for him this time. After all the things really worth it in life are really worth fighting for. :)

Last edited:
I fully agree. I didn't see anything wrong with Jake going back UC. It's pretty much what he HAD to do. I find it incredibly hard to sympathise with Calleigh this past season. These forced events that they've thrown at her have become so "routine" that it just makes it seem more fake & thrown together, therefore, it doesn't make me able to really feel what the character feels or what she's going through...it's all too "made up" at this point.

I think Calleigh needs to step out of her make believe glass slippers & look at the big picture. She was happy & content with Jake, there were problems to get past but nothing so major that it should cause a person to make other "choices" when it's already clear she had already made her first choice.
I still hope to see Jake return & give her a little taste of (what appeared to be) her biggest fear in him working UC.

Oh yeah. I don't want Jake to die or anything. However, I would be interested in seeing how Calleigh would react if he were to be badly injured. I don't know if the writers would give us a scene like that, but I'd sure be interested in seeing it.

well they do like thier - death/tragedy = realization of one's feelings. :shifty:
I for one have never been too keen on that, but for 2 people who had the obvious feelings already then I suppose I could handle it if it worked out in that way.
All the same, this entire 2 years & all they have done has left me completely baffled, confused, & wanting to watch the news instead.
& I'd like to note that I say with total depression, cause I used to love every aspect of Miami...I just don't know what to think of them right now, they've disappointed me.

Nonetheless, I will wait for Jake to return. ;)

**bumps in**
I haven't been here for ages because of RL (which is always crazy, lately) and you may think I've lost my faith in my fav. couple b/c of the last episodes we've watched ;).
But nope. I haven't lost it b/C I know how CSI:Miami can be dramatic & considering that, after all, TPTB have written such a great season (considering s6 which was just horrible, IMHO), I can't get over the idea we still have to see something more about our CaKe.

I still don't think Jake won't ever come back considering he's always considered and interesting character & the last time we saw him it was pretty obvious it wasn't his last appearence on the show.
Let's never forget that his UC period (just in case it was 1 year long) expried & he can easily come back right when Calleigh's relationship with Delko looks stable.
There's no way their relationship will go on without troubles ( they builded it up with lots of trouble) & I'll always say that their major trouble has always been Jake.
No matter how strong her feeling for Eric is, but whenever Jake was there...she always chose him.

I'm not saying that once he comes back, she'll cheat on Eric (I don't want it to happen 'cause in that case I would completely lose my respect for Calleigh :lol:), but I still think that once he comes back it will be pretty hard for her to deny her feelings for him.
I mean she let her house to him, she gave herself to him...and this happened at least twice especially the second one.
She always gave him second chances & there must be a reason for it.
So once he's back there's no way she'll be like "whatever".
It will hurt her, it will make her happy....but once she sees him she must have a reaction, a strong one.
Otherwise their relationship (which was canon) was just useless!!! And I wouldn't like this option at all :devil:.

The problem is how he'll come back. Well in this case I can easily imagine him badly injured. I can even picture him dying in front of her eyes.
I know I may sound evil, but I want her reaction towards him b/c, after all, she's been waiting for him. That's the idea TPTB left us with after "Ressurrection".
I've always considered Eric as the person who filled her moments without Jake. He's always been there for her while Jake was away. I can't see how it won't happen once Jake is back just to die. So if you asked me whether I want Jake back to die, I'd say yes for 2 reasons:
-to see Calleigh's reaction &, in that case, I'm pretty sure it will be strong considered what they've done for eachother. She let herself to him & he risked his life for her. There's no way she'll go on with this kind for remorse. That is if she still has a moral conscience :p
-just to confirm my idea of Eric ;)

Last edited:
I haven't lost faith in this ship. The chances of Jake's return are still very good from where I'm sitting. My problem is with Calleigh now & I just don't know now what I would want them to do when he made his return.
Right now, I can't even see the real Calleigh, & yes, it just sickens me beyond words. I'd rather have Jake come back & he can come to my house - I'll take care of him! :devil: No, kidding, uh...kinda. :shifty::p

I just don't know. Her interaction with Jake seemed true hearted & honest, at least honest up until now, & her happiness was authentic. I always enjoyed that from his first appearance in 'Going Under' that it was something that looked real from her past. A story between them that I could actually buy into, & I could buy that she still had unresolved feelings for him.

At this point, it's just going to depend on what they did with Jake's return, & what I see in Calleigh when it happens......if I can even find her.

I haven't lost faith in this ship. The chances of Jake's return are still very good from where I'm sitting. My problem is with Calleigh now & I just don't know now what I would want them to do when he made his return.
Well right now I've got a big problem with her.
Yep I lost my respect for her, but I still think there's something going on with this change.
I mean it's kinda shocking and quite uncoherent, IMO. So there must be a way to go back with her character. Possibely Jake's return could be her way to recover.
Though, I have to admit it looks really difficult ;)

I always say that I'll never get over her cuteness whenever she was with Jake and I'll never get over the thought that the real Calleigh was the one with Jake.
You could see her moral intergrity there. You can't say she was that rational when she was with Jake b/c if she had been rational with him, she wouldn't have let her to him after "Deep freeze".
She decided to go on with a hidden relationship. That was way irrational but still focussed &, above all, her moral intergrity was still there. She didn't lose it with some stuff like it happened in other circumstances.

IDK, I just can't recognize this Calleigh anymore and I do think that the only way for her to "recover" is Jake.
So yep I'd love him to come back alive just to get her back. But, at the same time, I'd like to see him dying in front of her so that we finally could see what the hell did Calleigh feel for him!
Gosh I still can't belive that she was supposed to be waiting for him and see what happened.

Anyway, unless Calleigh will lose completely her moral conscience, I'll never lose my faith for this couple :lol:. I don't think they'll ever get back as canon couple, but hey we can always pray :lol:

Right now, I can't even see the real Calleigh, & yes, it just sickens me beyond words. I'd rather have Jake come back & he can come to my house - I'll take care of him! :devil: No, kidding, uh...kinda. :shifty::p

I just don't know. Her interaction with Jake seemed true hearted & honest, at least honest up until now, & her happiness was authentic. I always enjoyed that from his first appearance in 'Going Under' that it was something that looked real from her past. A story between them that I could actually buy into, & I could buy that she still had unresolved feelings for him.

At this point, it's just going to depend on what they did with Jake's return, & what I see in Calleigh when it happens......if I can even find her.[/quote]

Hello everybody (I´m new here) and of course I like CakE...I´m sad that she is now with Eric:(
Does somebody know something about Jake in new CSI episodes? Will he return? Or he won´t be there anymore?
I didn´t read all pages here, but why is everybody talking about Jake´s death? He didn´t die...and I don´t want him to die. :(

Back