Episode 7x16 - 'Sink or Swim' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 27, 2009.

1. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Me too! LOL

I liked the episode and I agree with everything that's been said. Just a couple more things:

- The E/C: I'm not a shipper but I like them together, they're sweet. But please writers, pretty please, don't screw this up! I was a fan of the GSR (but not a shipper, meaning that I preferred to explore the ship in fanfic, not in the show) and I think they didn't know how to handle the relationship and the whole thing became a mess. I don't care about the E/C ship as long as it's subtle and not too angsty (or too cheesy). I hope they can find the right balance

- Yelina: Oh how I've missed thee! :lol: But seriously, is she the female James Bond or what? That was a little ridiculous and the fact that the russian mob hires someone out of the blue, without a little background checking is plain stupid. I was hoping to see some Russian spying on Yelina while she was givin H the info about Eric. Come on, she stole a notepad in plain sight and the editing of the scene made us believe that the mobster had noticed it, so what's the point? Is Yelina in danger? I hope so, but I also hoped it was at least hinted in the episode.

- Eric's father: Is he or isn't he a bad man? Did Eric's mother lied? Why would she told him otherwise? Was she trying to protect Eric's father? I hope we see more of him this season.

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I wondered that about Yelina too. As neet as the guy's desk was he sould have noticed that right off. And to me it looked like he did. Sooooo??? Should be some interesting stuff in store for Yelina.

I wondered that about ERic's dad too. Is he or is he not a bad guy? Was mom lying? Was this a ploy of his to make Eric feel indebted to him in the future? Lots of potential routes this can take.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I thought the guy looked directly at the space were the notebook had been and then looked at Yelina.It made me wonder if false info was planted in the book because he didn't stop her.We may see some repercussions from this later,Yelina walked out of there too easily.

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't think he's a bad guy, he came off as a jerk in the beginning but towards the end, when more was learned about him he wasn't that bad.

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I think he was a 'bad' guy in so much that he was typical communist paranoid about "who's looking into my past?" and freaking out since he was CIA..he must have thought someone was trying to kill him so that's why the contract to kill Eric was put out. BUT now that he knew he had a son, as an old man, he probably thought he could help the guy out by acknowledging him in that way-helping Eric to what he's entitled to and that's his US citizenship-American father's are supposed to give that to their kids when they live abroad and make kids with foreigners. So hopefully he can now give some background info to Eric-like who he's related to what part of New Mexico heritage-what ethnic background,etc...then again if he never sees the guy again at least he gave him the papers to stay here...or Eric would have to marry Calleigh for real!

6. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

At first when Horatio brough Eric's father to meet him, I thought he would embrace Eric and have a nice old time. When his father treated him like dirt it hurt my feelings bacause Eric is such a nice guy. I think he hurt Eric's feelings because it looked like he was about to cry. In the end he turned out to be a good guy for helping his son.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I felt so sorry for Eric cause he looked so hurt and dissapointed, mad too. He finds out his dad is not his dad, there's a hit out for him and when he finally meets his father he is treated like crap. It broke my heart :(. At least in the end the guy actually did come through and I loved the way they just looked at each other. I really hope we see more of this guy cause he is an interesting character and I like the dynamics between him and Eric.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

As much I'm not an E/C fan I really enjoyed this episode and yep I also enjoyed their moement.
    I think they managed their situation in a pretty good way, though the premises weren't good at all.

In this episode I loved 2 characters & they're both female:

-Yelina. Even if I don't get how it is possible she was a hitwoman hired by the russian mob without any background check, I do enjoyed Sofia Milos' acting in such a good way.
    Not to mention that I love how she can easily make men flat line. Look at that russian guy who hired her. I really thought he was going to have a heart failure because of her charm.
    She's such a charming person.

-Natalia. You can't imagine how I really loved how she can be protective towards Eric & everyone else among her friend. I just loved when she put that man's arm back without any hesitation.
    I always think he character's development is one of the best on this show.
    When she first came she was really sensitive, but was kinda frightened. She didn't want to make any mistake & she was very hesitant.
    I really adore they wasy they made her much braver. It's a really nice change.
    Not to mention that she's always sensitive.
    I just adore the job they're doing with her character, though they could easily dedicate her much more time.

As for the rest of the team, IDK why but it makes me giggle whenever I watch Calleigh & Derek.
    I found Frank's reaction a little bit odd, but if I'm not mistaken Derek was just claiming that his laptop went missing. In that case I can understand his reaction.

I've got one question for you.
    Don't you find it pretty good the fact we always have crowded places?
    I mean look at the scene with Tara & Calleigh at the morgue. When Alexx was there we used to have just Calleigh & her.
    With Tara we're having a change & yep I find it pretty good, though I thought one of the assistant was going to tread on Calleigh's foot :lol:.
    And it's not just with Tara, I noticed it also in "Smoke gets in Your CSIs" when they were rolling Calleigh's gurney. There were tons of MD walking there.
    Sorry, it may sound OT, but I find it interesting that this year we have much more crowded places on this show (I noticed it while I was making the caps for this episode), since I think it makes it more realistic as fo any other show :)

9. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

I like Natalia. I wasn't very fond of how she told Eric she tought she was pregnant. That didn't go over very well with me. I personally think that Yelina and Horatio would have been good together but Horatio didnt think it would be right. It upsets me to see that Yelina shows up only a few times after the 2nd time Raymond was killed.

But, Eric and Calleigh go very good together. When I saw them embrace I was excited. When they kissed I was like "YAY!!!" and clapped. I have been waiting for that for a LONG while. Sometimes I think I am too obsessed but it is so cool. :)

10. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

Now that you think about it your right. I wonder why that is? I like Tara and all but Alexx is cooler. I loved how Alexx talked to the people in the morgue. It was kind of soothing. Sounds odd but yeah.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Loved Ryan's scene with the people and the laptop. :lol:

Loved Nat calling Eric "aquaman".

I cracked up when after Cal told Derek that his laptop could be located cause of the GPS or whatever, Frank said "you mean this thing can phone home?" :guffaw: