Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Should Danny and Lindsay really be getting married?

1. Yes, they've clearly worked out their problems

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Yes, but only because they have a baby on the way

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. No, not now, but maybe at some point down the road

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. No, their history proves they're not right for each other

46 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The promo for next week's episode focused solely on the apparent upcoming wedding between Danny and Lindsay. Given the history between these two, should they really be getting married?

Season 2--They meet and tease each other, she invites him to meet her for drinks, she offers him drinks in exchange for help with a case, he calls her "Montana"

Season 3--She pushes him away, he chases her, after her dark secret is revealed and dealt with they sleep together

Season 4--He pushes her away, he sleeps with someone else, she tells him she loves him, she pushes him away, he goes back to her

Season 5--After he sees her at a clinic she avoids him until cornered and then she admits she's pregnant, he proposes and she turns him down, both get excited about the baby and now, eight episodes later...marriage?

Too soon? Can two seasons worth of problems really be dealt with so quickly, or have they just been swept under the rug because there's a baby on the way? Or has the baby actually made these two grow up?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think it's (probably) possible to make it work in such a short time period - except that TPTB didn't make it work. They seem to have retconned seasons 2 through 4 in order to say, "Well, they are and always were happy and in love - pretend you didn't see that other stuff. Look, here's a wedding to distract you." :rolleyes: They could have writen in the pregnancy without taking the lazy route*.

* That's how I see it, anyway.

3. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I've voted no. I don't like D/L at all. I don't think it's a realistic couple, it just doesn't do the trick for me. Also, I don't think a baby is a good enough reason to get married. We're supposed to believe they love each other so much, but I don't buy it.

4. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Why yes, they should really be getting married....on one condition...
    Lindsay gets killed off FAST thus giving Danny lots and lots of opportunity to angst, cry, whine and pout...all the things he does so very prettily..:adore:
    Are you listening Pam Veasey?? :p

5. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

I said no because there's NOTHING there. Like no chemistry and when I watch the two together, it just makes me cringe. Actually last night I was thinking about the scene where they both said "I love you" right before they told Mac Lindsay was pregnant and there was just no emotion between them when they told each other... It was like they were saying it just because they were nervous about telling Mac and crap.... I mean come on!! I can say "I love you" ten times better to my two cats then those two did:rolleyes:

I can't see the marriage working out.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Even though I think there's absolutely no chemistry between the two I voted for not right now but maybe later. There's been nothing on screen up until now that is convincing me that these two are doing anything but "doing the right thing." They slept together and they said I love you, but that's not enough. They've had so many problems and lack of interaction that everything about this rings false. Pretty much all of their relationship has been supplied by TPTB after the fact and off screen that it's ridiculous. Show them rebuilding their relationship and dealing with their issues and then maybe I'll buy that they love each other and should get married. As it stands now, it's just a load of bullshit.

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I wish there was a "HELL NO!" option, because that's what I would have voted.

The two of them IMO have no chemistry whatsoever, and I hate to see Danny trapped in that marriage for all eternity. Even if they did have chemistry, they clearly have so many issues with communication and trust, and the real reason they are even considering and following through with marriage is because there is a baby on the way. Its ridiculous, and downright annoying to have to deal with this on what used to be my favorite show. Their marriage won't solve any of their issues, won't make them any more desirable to the fans, and certainly won't help either one's character....now they are permanently tied together.

:brickwall:

8. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

No way should those two be getting married. They're not ready and there's no chemistry between them. That poor kid of theirs would have serious issues in Real Life.

Another reason I'm against it is because of that promo. Yes, I get that two main characters getting married is a big deal(very big deal) but they should have balanced it out with the crime they'd be investigating. This is supposed to be a CRIME DRAMA isn't it? That promo was like something from a soap opera.

9. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I think they should wait a while before deciding to get married. They have a pretty shaky past and I have no doubt that they love each other, but to do this for the sake of them having a baby together it's not the answer.:)

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I voted for not now but maybe later on. I think that the writers just have not presented this story in a consistent way and it's been basically all over the place. I think that the biggest issue for me was that after they slept together everyone was left wondering if they were indeed in a relationship. Then the whole Ricky thing came up and we didn't even know if he cheated or not, basically because we had no idea what their relationship status was. So IMO it's been very inconsistent and unclear. For them to now get married after everything else was basically left to the interpretation of the audience seems a bit rush. Maybe if it were given more time we could see it develop in a more consistent and believable way.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Mine would be the NO NO NO NOOOOOOO option:vulcan:

Not chemistry, not appealing, not NOTHING. Having them in the lab supposedsely in love only make stronger my feeling they are NOT right for each other

C'mon it's sick! getting married because you had unprotective sex and knocked up your girlfriend? We are in the XXI not in the 50s'
    And having Danny playing dumb in the lab just for the good of this storyline only make me think writers and producers had a bad day when this storyline was created:vulcan:

And let me tell neither of them seem to be more in love now than they were 15 months ago:vulcan:

i want to puke now:vulcan:

Debbs:wtf:

ps: PA, you have the "Avvie of the Year":guffaw:

12. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

Absolutely not. These two not only have way too many issues, they haven't even actually dealt with those issues yet! It's like the TPTB are like "Well, just pretend all that other stuff never happened. They are in love and happy and want to get married!" Riiiiight. :shifty:

The whole relationship has just rung so false from the start. There was that whole point where we didn't even know if they were actually together or not, the whole thing is just one big mess.

As someone else pointed out, when you get down to it, it mostly smells of them 'doing what's best for the baby.' That is NOT a good enough reason to get married. :scream:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
    They should be getting married!!!<3
    I think that they do have chemistry together.
    They are so cute together.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

NO WAY!! I have a hard time believing that the same writers that created so many compelling storylines are capable of this.People that have no relationship shouldn't have a baby or get married.I hated other TV couples like GSR but at least I couldn't deny that there was something there. This is just absurd,unless Lindsay leaves the show the very next day.:thumbsup:

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

No.

No they shouldn't. Dunno if it's a matter of too soon but more that it's simply too contrived and convenient, and nothing they've aired this season, or in the past for that matter, has me feeling the sincerity of emotional attachment and commitment between these two characters.

Problems? What problems? TPTB say dere be no problems here. Dey luvs each other... :p The Black Hole of Continuity has sucked up any prior issues suffered between them. Poof. Gone. Everything has been swept aside because there's a baby on the way, Anna's, and therefore Lindsay's this time around. Lindsay was all but invisible prior, and now this is her only real newsworthy contribution to the show this season. Where would we see if otherwise but in montage sequences or 'splaining things?

Danny's POV eppie, as TPTB put it, was just perplexing and another retro fix. How things played out between Danny and Lindsay (him proposing, her turning him down with a cuppa coffee in her other hand or suchlike) was entirely predictable and not particularly evidence of an evolution. As for the pair growing up, there hasn't been a whole lotta time devoted to showing that, and only a few scenes here and there of them together at all, for which I'm thankful not to have been subjected to.

Outside their characters and more within the show as a whole, I'm not interested in the wedding. The promo made me nearly lose half a drink the hard way on my keyboard, trying to decide whether to laugh or cry, and staving off a mild manic fit that somehow wanted to combine both impulses. :p I've been entirely unimpressed with the rather conservative handling of their relationship since the inclusion of the pregnancy. I'm definitely not interested in seeing future scenes or references to their married life. Or even their baby. I'm just not interested. At this point, I could really care less about their relationship, about Lindsay at all, and sadly Danny's becoming less a character I follow or find myself at all invested in.

It's not a Good Thing. At all.

Agreed. Ab.So.Lutely.