Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

It's an official press release.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=21083

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Here's the youtube link to the extended preview for next week...it looks intense

Preview for 9x16

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That looks like a great episode, especially for Nick. It'll be interesting to see his personality and emotions in this episode, like we did in "Grave Danger." Can't wait.

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Sadly the official details on No way Out have a lot less greg in them. :( -bummer-

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Agreed. Per usual, all of the other CSIs get a cool storyline/arc except for Greg. Go figure :shifty: Sara's had more of a story arc and emotional case this season, and she's not even a series regular anymore. So far, Cath hasn't gotten one either, but I'm sure she'll have some interesting case/storyline by the end of the season.

6. Wasabi Power

Yah, Greg had Fannysmackin, but even then, I felt the dynamics of what happened to him were ruined by the whole civil suit thing. >.> Other than that eppy, it's usually him messing up or something. :shifty:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What do you mean by "messing up"? The only mistake I remember Greg making (that I really consider a mistake) is going to the bathroom at the scene that time and when he showed up to work in clothes that Warrick told him were not appropriate for work.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Very true Greg does not mess up, he's as professional and capable as anyone else. But I do agree with what Wasabi Power said about FannySmackin and the resulting civil trial, I never cared for that part of the story arc. They could have done so much better.

Plus I wasn't looking forward to seeing Greg possibly doing something that may affect his job. I hope that spoiler is false.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

And in "Table Stakes" when Greg wore the hat that could had the hair evidence in it.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Poor Greg, but in Viva Las Vegas" where he compromised the evidence by using the toilet in the crime scene bathroom:(

11. Wasabi Power

Well everyone makes booboos. However, Greg is definitly the character whose mistakes (large or small) are highlighted on. Same with Ryan in Miami, but he tends to more or less bend the rules. I think the writers for CSI are always going to have one of those kinds of characters in a series. It does a good job of reminding us that being a CSI or a cop isn't just aim and fire- they have strict rules, sometimes overly strict rules.

Grr. Fannysmackin. The trial thing definitly stole the thunder. I wish they would have just slapped the Hero badge on Greg and let the poor kid go, but eh. Just my opinion.

12. GregNickRyanFan

yeah, but I thought he said he was already through processing it at that point.

Yeah, that's the scene I meant. I couldn't think of the name of the ep. Thanks for posting that. I don't know why I have such a hard time with the ep titles. :lol:

Yeah, you're right they are put out there front and center even when they are minor. :lol: As for Ryan, he started out like that making tiny rookie mistakes (such as bringing that vial of blood to the courthouse), but then they "borrowed" the whole Warrick gambling storyline which ticked me off to no end. :lol: Anyway, yeah they highlight Greg's tiny mistakes, or did in the past.

Oh, I definitely agree. That was just dumb. There was a mob of people, Stanely Tanner could testify to that. They may not have had a weapon as far as a gun or whatever, but they had strength in numbers against two men.

There's one thing I wonder about though: Did Greg's vehicle have the flashing lights and sirens? If it did, he could have turned the siren on at the beginning and those kids probably would have scattered. :lol:

I am kind of relieved that the rumor about Greg doing something to possibly jeopardize his job may not be true. That to me would just be taking Ryan's storyline from Miami and applying it to Greg just like the gambling thing on Miami was them taking Warrick's storyline and applying it to Ryan.

Anyway, back to the hostage thing: I do think it's odd that they chose it to be Riley and Ray, but at the same time I kind of understand why they did. Hopefully it'll be a good ep regardless. :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Still, evidence isn't done processing technically until the evidence has been shown in court, so by doing what Greg did, he could have compromised evidence. Look at the fingerprints in "Mea Culpa", the new fingerprint evidence didn't show up until court.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Ah, good point. Didn't think about that. :lol:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GregNickRyanFan me thinks you LOVE Greggie, and we all do, who doesn't adore him:p and his mistakes were going from the lab guy to a CSI out in the field, a tough test and rough go, and he did pass his proficency test in "Who Shot Sherlock" and Grissom told him "I don't expect you to be right on everything" or something to that effect. I keep waiting for his book to surface, when are the writers going to show this aspect of Greg, and the excerpts from his "Old Vegas" history of!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.