Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csimiamilove

csimiamilove Dead on Arrival

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

ahh! thank you so much for the interview! was it just that one page or is there more in the actual magazine?
    i thought it was interesting how they both really think the relationship has been going on for a while. i had thought when i saw the "all in" episode a while ago that there was something small going on because he wasnt just driving her home nad he had said your not going home alone, but i didnt realize thats where it all started. i feel like they will probably show it on tv that it is the first like bigger step for them though because those are their opinions and not necessarily shown to the viewers. do you guys think that in the episode it is gonna be like.. the first big step for the relationship (at least on screen) or is it gonna be more so like they have been this way for a while?

haha sorry that was kinds confusing.. does anybody understand what im trying to say?:confused:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank You Jennifer!!! :)

I find it so satisfying that they actually see this relationship the same way we do. For example:

1. Adam said it felt like the right time. In my opinion it is the right time :).

2. Emily said that the relationship kind of snuck up on Cal and that she thinks that's the only way she would be in a relationship. That's def Calleigh. Plus it goes with what we've been saying all along about her "choosing" Jake. It was never her "choice" more than he just took the first step, kissed her and there she was in a relationship ;).

3. She also said that Cal has chosen the wrong men, consistently. AGREE 100%.

4. Also what she said about Cal suddenly realizing that she was in a relationship with a guy who would actually be there for her and freaking out. Yep that's something that Cal could do.

5. Finally what Adam said about the importance of friendship and how much these two know each other. So true, so what we've always been saying ;).

Gotta love Adam and Emily and their hiphugger heart. Oh and Adam's comment about making out at work, so funny.:guffaw:

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Totally well put! :thumbsup: I couldn't agree more.....

Cal has pretty much let a man in the past decide their relationship status. I said it back then: she did what was easy in favor of what felt right. Letting someone else take the reins on what to do when she was unsure was the easy way for her to go. She tried to deny that the thing between her and Eric was being broached but like Emily said; it seems to have snuck up on her. Usually when love sneaks up on you....you are a slave to it ;)

Having a man be there for you through thick and thin...is what every woman wants and Eric has soo been there for her and vice versa. That is an important aspect of any relationship; you need to be able to depend on eachother that the other person in the realtionship is going to be there to protect you and comfort you when you need them the most.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  4. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I agree with everyone that has said there will be trials and tribulations, that this won't go smoothly... that would be boring.

About the elements of a relationship in tv shows... I don't think that will necessarily apply to Eric & Calleigh because this is a crime drama, and above all it is about the crime solving, with the relationships (for the most part) taking a back seat, it is the B or C storyline. So, while there will be things they must work through to make their relationship work, and there may be times where they seem at odds, I don't think it will follow the relationship pattern seen in most shows.

What I love most about this article is:

1. Emily saying she thinks the relationship started after All In when Eric took Calleigh home. Oh it wasn't to the degree that it is now, but it definitely had its start then, however small that start was. I long thought that something HAD to have happened then. And, we hadn't seen Jake since SYG, which was a while before that, and he didn't come back until 601... and I think by then they were already broken up (where upon he comes back and tries to pick things up where they left off... and can't, she doesn't want to... I think because she already knows there's something more between herself and Eric ;)).

2. Emily saying that Calleigh has chosen the wrong men consistently, and she wants to see if there's a time when she will realize that she's involved with a man that is actually there for her... and yep, that's our Eric. Always there for her. I love Eric.

3. Adam saying that the best relationships are friendships first, and that E & C have 7 years to get to know the most important things about each other... to see the true person. Oh bless him for seeing what we all see, but the haters in the spoiler thread do not.

5. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok so we know that they have already had Pictures taken of them in 7x13 and they show up in 7x19. I wonder if someone is watching them while they share they're kiss outside the detention center?

Might be the Russians watching them and taking more photos, of maybe H. is sneeking around in the background just watching them like a protective Father. He could have went to get Eric, but when he arrived he sees Eric & Calleigh in they're little Love embrase, grins and does the usual head duck and puts on the glasses and desides this is a personal moment and he leaves tem to it.

Thats what I was just wondering. I mean at some point they will be outed, and we know that H. usually knows whats going on before anyone else does right. why not have him see them in the parking lot kissing and finally clarifye something he has known for a while now!

Maybe he could get an envalope with somemore pics in it. but they are only of E/C, Then he feels he has to tell them about the threat and try to protect them sence they are together, hes wondering how hes going to keep the rest of the lab from finding out!

That would be a pretty interesting plot to explore. Of course I figure that Ryan will end up being the one that blabs his mouth a little to much and inadvetainly outs them to the whole lab! Damn it Ryan! you know he is terrable at hiding things! they always seem to spue out of his mouth at the end, and are usually writen all over his face if asked about anything important that he knows about.

The just my take on thing that would be cool to see happen!

Just had to come back and say this because it just popped into my and I got a giggle at it!
    Eric & Calliegh could be the next crime solving heart to Heart couple since so many people are do the remakes of the retro TV show! They would fit the bill for that show lol! Or maybe Moonlighting! but that kinda seem klike more of a Speed or maybe a Ryan roll! Oh well tIthought that seemed funny when it popped into my head had to share!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51244839821
    www.myspace.com/hiphuggersgroup
    http://www.youtube.com/HiphugersGroup

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  6. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Okay, I will start off saying that I got this off Wiki so it may very well be fiction(in fact it probably is) but I found it interesting. It says that in episode 2 of season 8 the second part of a supposed CSI:LV/CSI: Miami crossover that Calleigh will be missing, and Julia will be found dead in LV with Calleigh's ID. If this is true(small chance, but still a chance)then things could get interesting for E/C. Poor Eric:( With Calleigh missing and all. Remember this is Wiki, and anyone can put stuff up....so it is probably fiction. But still it is food for thought....

What are your thoughts?

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

little tip: try not to take anything that Wiki says as fact!! :lol:

Anyone can go on that site and change anything about everything concerning a show! I personally don't take anything that site says to heart....I can't remember a time when it was actually right when it came to spoilers and there is NO way the writers are working on season 8 b/c this season isn't even done yet :lol: Writers tend to take things one step at a time...they might have ideas rolling around in their heads but I doubt there is anything concrete.

8. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

you know I could actually see Horatio doing that after the whole detention center thing. Though, something tells me he already knows something. Why? Well, do you guys remember how in the last scene of "All In" where Eric takes Calleigh home, we see Horation on top of the building looking down towards the front of the building where Calleigh and Eric were and he had a smile on his face. I think that's where Horatio sort of starts to figure out that there is something going on between Eric and Calleigh

9. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

Thank you for the interview , Jennifer ...

Emily is so cute when she say she have to practice with her boyfriend .. awwww lol...
    The comments about babies was so funny - super csi babies :guffaw:

10. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I would like to see another crossover with LV! We haven't had one with them since the show was first introduced through the LV show. I'd like to see that old Caine/Willows exchange again. Could be an interesting consept. We have already had a NY crossover twice, but only one LV! Whats up with that? you'd think they would have had a littler more Crossover action with the mother ship.

Strange I was just thinking how much they've grownup since that piolet with LV. Gris is gone, Speed & Warrick are both dead Cal & Eric are together. I think they should carry a plot to one of the other show. maybe they should have a three way crossover! I think it would be a good change of pass. Maybe they'll offer our happy couple a job out west! You never know!

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Calleigh has always lacked stability and consistency. Two things she can def have with Eric. Her previous relationship just made her life more unstable and uncertain. And like she said she can't live like that. Who would want to? I think that in All In she realised that. Eric would be there, he would have her back, she could count on him throughout whatever. So maybe that's why Emily sees that as the beginning of their relationship.

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Thank you so much for the interview scan!

I was surprised when they showed the kiss but CBS probably felt the need to promo E/C because this is the episode many have been waiting to see. After years of waiting, they finally do get together.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Almost to two hundred posts in just a little over 24 hours?:eek: Wow. We are just a little too dedicated to this ship.:lol:

Hiphugger17, you're right. Stability is just something Calleigh has not had in any relationship that we've seen. Eric is oviously a different guy from the others she's been with. At least, now he is.

If Calleigh and Eric had been together prior to him being shot and what-not, they probably wouldn't have lasted. He's sort of a different guy from how he was back then. Who knows how long it would have taken him then to realize when or if he would ever want to settle down with someone. He's always been a trusting guy, but if he had never been shot.. I just don't think any of this would be happening.

Hagen was obviously not stable and Jake, well Calleigh never knew when he'd be around. Her and Jake seemed to have a pretty good thing going, too. It wasn't a consistent thing though.

Her and Eric work together practically 24/7, plus they have 7 years of friendship. Which is a strong foundation to build up their romance. I'm pretty confident they'll stay together. I don't know how it wouldn't work out between them. It just makes sense.

Jennifer, thanks for posting the article/interview thinger from TV Guide up here for us all to read!

14. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well they are going into Sweeps and what better way to get they're ratings up than to show the kiss in the promo to intyse people to tune in! Especialy people that have not watched in a while. Believe me the ratings will probably go through the roof for this show.

15. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Thanks for posting the article Jennifer! :bolian:
    I for one am just so glad how this is turning out. The fact that this isn't their first kiss, and that there's been something there for a while just feels so right to me. For some reason, I think that maybe if we did get verbal 'let's be in a relationship' straight up kind of scenes that it might feel off, or out of character or just not right. To me, the fact that they are going canon now, is just as Adam said right timing and such.
    And as someone mentioned before, I am so excited to see how Eric will change her, how their relationship will bring a different side out of her.

I have no idea if that made sense.
    All I have to say is...It's been a long 7 years, but well worth the wait! I am actually bursting with shipper happiness.:):):):):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.