Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

The promo is awesome. I wonder why Calleigh starts to cry when Eric talks about his life being a lie.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

squinn1201 and CalleighEricFan please remember that if it hasn't aired it has to be put in spoiler tags ;). You still can edit your post and add them (you have 24 hours). And CalleighEricFan remember to have at least three lines of on topic discussion.

No problem Jennifer :thumbsup:. It's pretty cool that it's dedicated to them :).

I definitely think that Stetler will come around and stir things up. I'm actually looking forward to it. Guess what I'm most looking forward to is Calleigh's reaction. I guess I always want to see Cal's reaction first cause throughout this time we've constantly seen Eric's side of things and Calleigh has been more reserved. So now that her feelings are pretty obvious it's going to be cool to know what she does, how she reacts, and what she says.

3. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I must say...I was online last night, and I come home this afternoon to 4 more pages of posts:lol:

So, here is what I got from the promo:

Obviously, Calleigh and eric have some kind of a revelation, otherwise they would not be running towards each other like that. Maybe calleigh said something in the detention center to make eric feel comfortable doing that? Then, I noticed she was smiling the entire time going up to kiss him:thumbsup:...I cant stop watchign this promo! I hope we get an extennded or an episode preview this weekend!;)

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it either!! ;)

It is funny how we from finding out they are going to be a couple to who is going to out them as a couple!!! :lol:

Bue yeah I have to say that them being outed will in some way have to do with the ongoing storyline wtih Russian Mob. They did the "co worker accidentially slips" thing...so I am going to lean more torwards intimidation and distraction where the mob is concerned. They are already doing by 719 and 720 with the pics and Ryan.

And if Sarnoff is indeed behind it, I find it highly doubtful that he only had one guy or set of people tailing the entire team at one time. Sarnoff is the type of guy who does his homework in order to gain leverage over people....Finding out about E/C and anonymously slipping the info to the higher ups isn't below him, espcially if it achieves his goal of getting H and the team out of the way.

I absolutely love watching Cal take on Stetler whenever he shows up!! She just doesn't take his shit and I think it pisses Stetler off to know end....b/c unlike everyone else, with the exception of SYG, he can't get a rise out of her. Just him saying certain things causes Ryan and Eric to get pissed but not her! She always remains totally cool when she deals with him.

I think given the fact that she dated Jake and wasn't supposed to, if Stetler finds out, he will seek her out first. I would love to see her reaction b/c I still think that when/if push comes to shove she will beat Eric to the punch and transfer to nights. I would also love to see Stetler not giving them the choice of who will switch but making the decision for them...not that I think he has that type of power but it would be cool to see ;)

154 posts ALREADY :eek:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I have been rewatching the promo and when Calleigh looks like she is about to cry she is also saying somehting to Eric. Eric has just said that his whole life is a lie and then Calleigh tearfully says "That's all right" So I think they are more happy emotional tears than anything else, because she kinda blurts the lines out, while trying not to cry.....its very sweet

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I've watched and rewatched the promo several times. I have come to the conclusion that I am way too happy :thumbsup: :lol:

I have been thinking more and more about what would happen if Stetler finds out. Since he hasn't been around this season I have to wonder if it would be Horatio who tells Eric & Calleigh that one of them would have to transfer to the night shift. Not because he wants them to but because he is feeling pressure from the higher ups. It would be a lot more controversial if it were him to be the one to tell them that they have to choose between the job or their relationship. (that would make for an interesting season finale)

Like many of us have said before Eric had stated that he would transfer to the night shift but I tend to believe that Calleigh would be the one to make the switch only because it would prove how much she loves Eric. (Not that she needs to prove it, because her smile in the promo said it all)

delkolover, please tell Corey and the rest of the writers that I absolutely love them and I am sorry for ever doubting them. I'll send them cookies too if they want. :lol:

7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I watched the promo again and noticed a few key points...
    When Eric is talking to his father, you see the blinds in the background and also see them when INS come to the lab and pick him up, so it looks like Eric punched him at the lab. I don't know what scene it is when they show Horatio but it doesnt look like it has anything to do with that scene of Eric and his father.

Another point is when he gets in the elevator, it looks like he's looking out the elevator and keeping his gaze on someone, looking very sad and helpless..maybe he's looking at Calleigh standing there almost trying to say 'this is it, I love you, I don't think I'll ever see you again' and 'sorry'.

Also, the part when he's running to her looks like they run into a hug and then pause for a moment and kiss. But it could also look like they run and kiss immediately. What do you think?

I don't know, but the suspense is killing me! Its Tuesday, so the days are moving along, but I'm beginning to squirm!

I could swear I read somewhere that when the pictures are revealed, they have one of Eric and Calleigh coming out of a house together in the morning before a work day and its revealed to Horatio when he's viewing the pictures. I'm not sure if it was here in one of the threads or a spoiler website but it said that. This is after when Ryan and Eric see the pic of Calleigh and the horse guy and makes a comment saying he thought Eric and Calleigh had something going on. If the horse guy was her new boyfriend, he'd better be taking care of her and then thats when Eric calls Calleigh and asks her to meet him by the morgue...I have to find out where I read this and I'll let you know soon.

I think when Horatio finds out the entire team is being spied on, Stetler will have to be in the know and thats when its revealed that Eric and Calleigh are an item. He will probably give them hell, but Horatio will fight tooth and nail for his team to stay together and they would have to prove their professionalism.

The series finale will probably be a wedding or that Calleigh and Eric are expecting, but I'd put my money on a wedding.

8. delkolover

I can't say that I remember seeing anything to that effect with pics of E/C leaving a house and H seeing pics reflecting that....but that doesn't mean anything. ;) Do you remember where it was said and who the source was?

Oh the series finale will sooo be a wedding....I would love a CSI wedding :D

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Oh goodness, the character bashing and trash talking in the spoiler thread is crazy.:rolleyes: Some people are not happy about the E/C ship finally going canon.

I don't want a CSI wedding. Well, I sort of do. I just really can't picture them getting married! In the You May Now Kill the Bride promo when they made it look like Calleigh was getting married and she had the veil on, I was just like what the hell? Even when they showed that, I still had trouble grasping that. I think it's Calleigh I can't see getting married. Eric, no problem. Just Calleigh. I mean, they should get married though, they obviously belong together.

Do y'all think that this will be a lasting relationship? Or that they might break-up?
    There are going to be problems. They've just been friends for 7 years and now they'll have to deal with the transistion of being more than that and how to handle work and other situations.
    If they do break-up, I think they'll end up getting to together. So it wouldn't be too much of a big deal.

10. delkolover

I soooo don't want to think about them breaking up :lol::lol:

They have only just gotten together!!! Lets get past the honeymoon stage of the ship before we start thinking about that ok?! ;)

I do think there will be trials and situations along the way that will test them both professionally and personally b/c, like you said, they have been friends for 7 years and now they are making the transition to lovers, it can be awkward and even a little difficult at times...I think that will be an interesting aspect of them to see.

11. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I think that if the writers play their card right, this could be a lasting relationship. The writers might break them up, but with all the time they have spend on this ship, I think that they are going to put them through some rough patches, but won't actually break them up. Anyways, why don't we leave the whole breaking up conversation for another time and instead enjoy what is going on with our ship at the moment.
    Though, I don't think we'll get a wedding on the season finale. Maybe, if we are lucky we could get a wedding either, I'm thinking, towards the end of next season or even towards season 9. But, hey who knows what is going on the writer's minds.

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

REALLY? People are that pissed about E/C? I haven't been to the Spoiler thread more than once or twice this week so I hadn't noticed any venom being spewed. What's their problem? No, seriously, what are their objections? They don't think there's chemistry? They'd rather another ship went canon? What is it?

I can see Calleigh getting married, but... I think it'd be after a break up. To address your wedding point AND your "will they stay together question", I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I think that E/C is going to be on again, off again, on again. Trust me, I'm over the moon about E/C going canon, but looking at it from the perspective of someone who watches way too much TV, my prediction is that the writers are letting the characters get together waaaaay before the end of the series so that the writers can go through this progression:

1) Show the characters happy
    2) Throw several wrenches into the mix
    3) Show the characters getting through the rough patches
    4) Break the characters up after a really big misunderstanding/mess-up
    5) Tension!
    6) The characters get back together near the end

So... I'm gonna enjoy their happy-times while it lasts, brace for what I think will be an inevitable split-up, and then wait patiently for the getting-back-together moment.

Please, no one kill us for predicting these things! I want E/C to happen as much as everyone else... but I know what kinds of patterns these shows go through.

13. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

He, he...I'm watching the fabulous Emily Procter dance with Big Mamma in Big Mamma 2 right now! I just love her, she is such a wonderful actress!

14. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Sorry, Delkolover!
    E/C did just get together, you're right. I'll try not to think about the reality of relationships for now and just think about them being like the perfect couple without any issues.:lol:

Yeah, you're pretty much exactly right on guessing why people would be upset about E/C, but it's nothing major. Some people get upset when it's not their ship that goes canon so they talk badly about the others. Oh well.:confused:

I completely agree with you on the whole pattern thing, like the steps that are taken in certain TV relationships. It's not fun to think about when it comes to Eric and Calleigh, but it's got to happen.
    Or it doesn't have to.. and we can just pretend that they faced all their problems before they got together. Like jealousy, from Eric, when she was with Jake(who I really want to see back in the show, btw).

I really, really hope I did the whole multi-quote thinger correctly.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

The writers are definely paying a lot of attention to Eric and Calleigh as a couple so I do believe that their future looks promising.I mean,Had they wanted just a fling they would have had it already and be dating other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.