Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

Oh no doubt! Take it from someone who studied this stuff in College, there is a pattern and every show follows it. They may tweak how certain things happen but ALL shows do what you describe.

It is sad really, IMO that shows have to stoop to that level in order to keep interest and keep things fresh....considering what they put their characters through in order to get them to the point of being in a relationship. Look at how much crap they have put E/C through and they are just getting together.

It makes doing the things that all shows do to split up their characters, seem almost trivial in comparision to the things that had to happen in order for them to get to this level. Think about all the things E/C has gone through and then think about what could possibly be more dramatic and traumatic that could be used to break them up....there aren't many things.

I'm sure there will be but again, those are the parts of the pattern. It seems like once characters become a couple, all the trials and traumas that got them to that point disappear and reappear later to affect them in a way as such to be used to break them up :confused::confused: Almost to the point of being hypocritical.

I could see E/C lasting b/c unlike most shows this ship is being built in the reverse of how most ships on tv are built....most ships happen from the two people meeting, being awkward around each other, then dating to developing those deep meaningful feelings for each other. This ship is happening in reverse! And while the patter will more than likely reer its ugly head, the writers have established that they can in fact make them on again, off again should they so choose.

Their frienship is already established, they know just about everything there is to know about each other and they already have deep feelings fof love....not romantic love (well that is coming our way but you know what I mean ;) ) for each other, but a love that you feel for your best friend. If you take D/L for example....they dated and then realized they had deep feelings for each other...these are realizing they have deep feelings for each other and are then going to date.

In my personal opinion this ship has a lot of potential....when was the last time on current tv that we have had a ship like this? something this meaningful? The guy said "he couldn't imagine living his life w/o her" that is deep. :lol:

Exactly! Although I think the writers saw the potential for these two and decided to shelve it until they were absolutely sure they wanted a possible long term ship on the show. This franchise was never meant to have real ships....it has always been about the forensics and police work. Then Grey's anatomy came along and showed everyone that you can have a drama and trauma driven show and have your characters be romantically involved. Many shows did it before Grey's but Grey's was the first show in a long time to challenge the power and popularity of this franchise. So like every other show and every other set of writers they had to learn to adapt....I think they also learned that people's tastes change and that fans want to go home with their favorite chracters....they want to be emotionally connected to them.

Hence the reworking of all 3 CSI's to incorporate more personal storylines, relationships and friendships.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Don't you guys think that they revealed the kiss too fast? I mean they spoil us enough by showing us that they hug, but them kissing? I mean I luv it and all but I mean, save it for Monday. We basically know what happens in the episode but, jeeze. A kiss isn't promo material.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I know! This relationship is so not typical of TV relationships. It is more like part of a romance movie were there is always a happy ending. And I hope this means that there will be a happy ending for our couple:adore:
    It certainly points to that. I mean why else is there all this building up and little moments and then in 7.16.....well you know:) It would not make sense for this ship to go canon and then crash.:( That would not make any sense. Why begin a relationship this way and then just have it end? That would definitely not be smart writing.

Any thoughts?

4. csimiamilove

csimiamilove Dead on Arrival

I could see how people may think the kiss shouldnt have been shown in the promo because we may think there is nothing surprising left.. but if you think about it the writers on csi: miami always does something to shock us. even if it is just something smaller. thats just my opinion.. i dont know what does everyone else think? do you guys think that the show will still be (obviously it will still be amazing) but tons of shockers?

and i definitley agree with you guys about calleigh and erics relationship versus other shows.. some people keep saying that this is taking away from the purpose of the show-crimes and forensic science- but there has never been an episode that has left that out. csi: miami has slowly been building up to this moment and they arent going to forget the rest of the show.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think I once heard an interview where Adam said that the writers played with the idea of EC in season 2 but then they just didn't do it. If this is true they probably saw the potential early on but like you said decided it was way too early to go down that road. Good thing too IMO cause even though it's been torture it gave the pairing more time to mature and have a relationship based on trust and friendship and not on sex, baby scares, and stolen kisses.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Exactly,delkolaver.Too much time develped in E/C tp be a casual fling.They would have done it alraeady way before.The writers saw the chemistry early on.Except when Eric was with natalia in season 4 ,E/C were paired a lot ,even if they were just friends.

I also do not think that E/C will take over the show but they have to have at least an episode to explain it all.

7. delkolover

Yeah this relationship will be built on something little more meaningful!!

They were both immautre a few years back and have since grown and matured like you said. Alot has happened to both of them....not saying there past experiences are meaningless but obviously the writers wanted them to mature and grow before they decided to do this.

Dudes, we are on page 9 of this thread already!! :eek: :)

8. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Man...almost to 200 posts after a little over 24 hours of a new thread...thats got to be some kind of record :D

E/C really is something more than we get on other TV shows. It's like a really good romance novel or romantic movie....I love it:thumbsup:

For 716, in the promo, calleigh looks extremely in love, and something mustve happened in the detention center, otherwise, they wouldnt of been running and kissing each other like that after he got out...at least, i wouldnt think in such a romantic way. I cant wait to see those 2 scenes! :)

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Which is why I really think they will take it all the way. I know that down the road anything can happen, but I don't get tired of saying that the writers put way too much effort into this to just make it a one season thing. It will have it's ups and downs but I see them as that couple that you just know will be together when the show ends. Kind of like in Friends where everybody knew Ross an Rachel had to end up together. I just hope they don't give them WAY TOO much drama. Just enough to show us they are there and together and that's it.

hehe page 9, we rock!

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

[​IMG]

So, it would appear they are already a couple when the episode airs.
    Here it is... I didn't scan the posts to see if someone else had already posted it.

11. tigerlove2002

tigerlove2002 Victim

so i went back and looked at the promo...

you're totally right about Eric looking at someone...i'm hoping its calleigh, that way we get to see her look. Her look will be better if she sees Eric being taken away rather than hearing it from someone else, b/c she won't have to hide her feelings.

I want Mar. 2nd here now!!!!!!

12. CalleighEric

Yeah! Thank you!

I love that thing about the kiss...especially with emily's boyfriend :D Those two are so funny....:lol:...I love how they said theyre finally turning up the heat....so it's gonna last, and its gonna be good...im going to die when this season is over!:eek::(:shifty:

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I didn't even realize there was a 2nd part to this article!
    [​IMG]

14. delkolover

I personally love how she mentions her previous relationships and how they relate to the depth and importance of E/C! Ya know she says how different Eric is than all the other men she has dated and how they were "the wrong men consistently" and how she hopes that Cal realizes how important it is that Cal realize there is a man out there who truly cares for her....this is soooo great :D

If they (Adam and Emily) are realizing that E/C is that deep and meaningful b/c they are already friends and just the way Emily describes how Cal probably feels about Eric is HUGE!

15. CalleighEric

Lets hope that isnt the only kiss they get on screen emily! it is NOT OVER:lol:

I bet that they kiss in this episode, and we dont see another one for another month or two...that would be depressing:p

I still laugh at the super csi baby! Hah! Can you picture the kid?! Blonde hair, brown eyes, dark-ish skin, calleighs independent nature and erics witt and charm, and the skills of horatio!? :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.