Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Wow!! you are extremely good. That's one heck of a portrait.

2. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

Thanks much. :)

My parents want to hang him up in the dining room. I already miss having him in my room. :lol:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Very impressive, Cyriusly now...! :D

4. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

Wow. I'm so jealous. That's amazing. I wish I could draw or paint or make masterpieces with oils.

5. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Wow! It's been ages since I've been in this thread.

Anyhow, I have to agree with this. Since the baby bomb story began he seems so very deflated. Flat. Like the life has been sucked out of him. So sad.

At the beginning of the season I had hopes that he was going to make a bit of a bounce back from season 3. Unfortunately, that didn't last long.

6. Top41

Yeah, I've lost some interest in the character, too. He's been muted by this whole baby storyline. Was anyone else frustrated that Danny didn't make any effort to reach out to Flack or try to be there for him in "Rush to Judgment"? Flack has been a very good friend to Danny, and when the opportunity came up where Danny could have tried to return the favor...he did nothing.

And that's what's frustrating about the baby storyline--it seems poised to envelop his character in the way the stuff with Lindsay did in season three.

One promising thing

518 is presumably the ep Anna's maternity leave begins--right after Danny and Lindsay marry in 517. It features Danny taking an impulsive risk--shades of his own character. It figures it happens for one of the few episodes Lindsay is out of the picture, but at least it happens.

It really seems like a lot of what made the character so interesting has been drained out of him.

And yes, I miss the damn glasses. ;) :p

7. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Yes! I miss those glasses too. Maybe its Carmine's way of rebeling against a storyline that does him no justice. Kinda like "If I cant stop TPTB from neutering my character at least I'm getting my way in this". :lol:

Seriously tho' I'm one of the many who is slowly losing interest.

The problem with TPTB is that they have not mastered the art of either subtlety or spreading the attention equally. When they focused on Danny, the others were forgotten. Now that they are focusing on Flack (for which I'm happy....dont get me wrong) Danny has been pushed to the background. I hardly even notice him now in the episodes. Its really very sad.

8. Top41

^Yeah, Flack has really stepped into focus now, but one thing I've always liked about Danny's storylines is that Flack has often been involved in them. Whether it was comforting Danny in "On the Job" or protecting him in RSRD or chasing after him to keep him safe in "All in the Family," Flack has been a part of a lot of the big storylines for Danny, which has been great. It would be nice to see Danny turn around and support Flack for once--that would be a nice way to involve Danny without him overshadowing any of Flack's storylines.

I wish we could at least get the glasses back! :lol:

9. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

Seen clips from "This Is Not A Test" and Carmine is dressed in the movie much similar to how he dresses as Danny Messer = leatherjacket, jeans, etc.

The movie has gotten bad reviews (2.7 out of 10 by 76 reviews on imdb.com)

I can take a few screen snaps if anyone is interested (and I can find a program that works for me)

10. Top41

I gotta say, most of my curiosity about This Is Not a Test comes from the fact that three CSI: NY actors are in it. Otherwise, I can't say I'd be dying to see this one. But 2.7/10 from 76 reviews is pretty dismal. :lol:

It was nice to see Danny back to his old self a bit in "She's Not There." How dorky cute was his story about the sweatshirt? Danny, such a little geek boy.

I also thought it was cute how Flack took the guy during their chase scene and left Danny to catch the girl. I love how Flack goes after the greater danger himself, leaving Danny to deal with what Flack presumes is the lesser of two dangers. :lol: And Danny's idea of toppling the cabinet and trapping the girl inside by sitting on it was a novel idea. :lol:

Do you think Danny complained about Flack "stink"ing on the car ride back? :lol:

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Yea, they could have cut part of that really long chase scene and showed us the boys interaction about the cabinet / smelly Don. They love to rib each other, but I loved the scene where Don tells Danny about not getting the cab number, when it nearly knocked him over. He didn't look best pleased people were :rolleyes: at his best buddy.

12. Top41

Yeah, it's cute--there's a good mixture of ribbing and loyalty there. I loved in "My Name is Mac Taylor" when Flack laughed at the Staten Island joke and Danny shot him the death glare and said, "You think that's funny?" :lol:

The chase scene was a bit long--it would have been funny to see Danny get in the car and then complain about how stinky Don was. :lol: Poor Flack. I love how he always drives when it's him and Danny--Flack definitely humors/spoils Danny a bit, especially when he laughs at Danny's dumb jokes. I love how no one else does. :lol:

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Poor Danny, when he tells his "when I was a boy" stories, nobody even pretents to show interest. :)

I bet when Danny got back to the lab and told them about trapping the girl in the cabinet, nobody believed him.

Flack always has to drive, except when mummy Stella's there, though he does like a grumble about it.

14. Top41

So what did everyone think of Danny's actions last night? I was pretty surprised and disappointed that he called in with the blue flu, especially given that he left his pregnant girlfriend and friends to pick up the slack! Definitely lame to say the least.

And what's your take on this "family of cops" Danny suddenly apparently comes from?

15. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

I was wondering since when did Danny come from a family of cops? In one of the CSI: NY books they said his family was some how connected to the mob or something about a few of them being in jail? Granted, the books aren't always the most accurate...

They are definitely taking more and more of Danny's character from Carmine. Don't get me wrong, I love the character and the actor but first it was the baseball thing, then the Staten Island thing, then the glasses then the family of cops and they even had Danny wearing a Ceesau shirt.

It actually didn't surprise me that Danny participated in the blue flu but I'm a little curious about the call he got before he decided to feel "sick."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.