Michael Travers: Trace with an Accent

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Enhinti, Feb 13, 2009.

?

What do you think of the New Trace Tech?

1. He's Great!

45 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. He's No Good At All!

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. He's Neither Good Nor Bad

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

What are you thoughts on Michael Travers, the sophisticated trace tech, who just came in from England?
    Michael has appeared in four episodes and counting.
    He is portrayed by Christopher Redman.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I love a good British accent, and his clever little commentary about horses a couple episodes back was cute. I like him. Let's see more!

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hopefully he will stay around for a while.It would be nice if Miami had long term techs for the show.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

OMG I didn't notice this thread :eek:
    How can you not love this guy ?

He's not that typical hot lab rat we've been seeing on CSI lately, he's a normal lab rat with a lovely British accent. I just love it and I just adore his character :adore:

It's a good thing, IMO, he's in this lab and hopefully he'll stay for a while :p

5. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

Yes please!

The comment about the horses was really good, it adds a sense of "genuine" to the character. I hope to see more of him. He came over from England, maybe he knows about some techniques that are used over there but haven't made it to Miami yet.

6. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I hate to be a spoil sport but Chistopher is not British at all!

Here is his biography:

Christopher Peter Redman was born in Brampton, Ontario, Canada on January 1st, 1980. He is the eldest of the four Redman children and takes his older brother responsibilities seriously. He began acting in The Canadian Youth Academy when he was seven years old under the tutelage of Beverly Lundy. The Academy was heavily focused on classical theater and introducing young people to the works of writers like Shakespeare, Ibsen and Tennessee Williams. Christopher performed in dozens of their productions over a ten year stay. During his last 4 years at the academy he began taking a speech and drama course at Trinity College, Cambridge, via correspondence during the summers. Five years later, at age eighteen, he graduated with honors.

He then moved to Toronto and began working steadily in film and television on productions like "Mistrial" with Bill Pullman, "Road to Avonlea", "The Magian's house" and "K-19 - the Widowmaker" with Liam Neeson and Harrison Ford. In 2002 Christopher moved to Vancouver and found success in several independent films (22 Hands, Timbuktu) and studio films (Catch and Release, 88 Minutes).

For over ten years Christopher has worked with some of film's biggest and most dynamic actors, they include Kim Basinger, Amy Brenneman, Beau Bridges, Bradley Cooper, Kirsten Dunst, Harrison Ford, Luis Guzman, Udo Kier, Liam Neeson, Al Pacino, Bill Pullman, Ian Richardson and Peter Sarsgaard.

He is also a founding member of the Amazing Posse Film Festival in Toronto.

But I think his accent comes from all that Sheakspeare studying, no doubt he is a really good actor!

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

YAY! I love this thread!!!!!!

And I love this dude! He does a mean accent too. I kinda wish it was real, but whatever. It's all good. Maybe if we're lucky TPTB will notice our love for him and make him a regular. Or at least a Valera-type regular.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

NOOOO You didn't want to spoil anyone:shifty: :lol:. Thank god I already knew he wasn't British :p

Though, as you said, it's a good think he sounds so british. That means he's a good actor.
    Anyway I enjoy his character too much especially when he gave that explanation about horses to Delko. It was just funny :lol:

9. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Thanks for clearing that up. I was told bad info. ;)

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I liked this guy from his very first appearance, something about him just clicks. He's so different from the rest of the team yet he manages to mesh well with them at the same time.

Thanks for the info, Lusiana - it actually makes me even more impressed with this guy! His accent is wonderful, I never would've suspected that it was just part of his acting.

He's refreshing, I hope to see lots more of him. :p

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I really want him back!! He's such an interesting character and they can do a lot of stuff with him....you know the scientific part & scientific inventions :lol:

Trace guy

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

A Canadian! :D Now I love him even more. :p

Thanks for the information, lusiana, that was quite an interesting read.

He really does the British accent well, it's kind of cool that they have a North American actor portraying a secondary character on CSI:Miami with a different accent than his own. I don't think it's been done before yet, has it? Maybe he auditioned for the role with an accent and they decided to keep it because it worked.

Hopefully they keep this guy around, I'd like to know more about his character. :D The tidbits about the way the UK does some of their scientific techniques was a great addition and his interest with horses/derbys was cute. It's about time the lab rats on Miami got a little more involved on the show.

Definitely agree with mjszud above, the guy is a refreshing change.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

From the spoilers I read
    We'r gonna have him at least for 2 other episodes. All I can say is YAY!!!

Exactly, he's such a refreshing character especially on a show like this. He's not the typical Miami citizen and he doesn't act like the rest of the team who, as far as I know, hang out all together. I just can't see him doing the same things. I think it's kinda cool!

Not to mention that I'm always like :eek::cool: whenever I listen to his explanations. If only I had had teachers like him (with the sam attitude he has) in my school, I would have paid much more attention :lol:

14. me.fergie

me.fergie Hit and Run

I also think that he's a very fresh addition to the cast, and I seriously hope he's gonna last longer than some other techs we recently met... Whatever happend to the girl from AV lab, the "nice upgrade"... I mean, when we see Vegas, they have like the lab techs, and you know them, like Archie for instance... But in Miami, you only have Valera, since Cooper left, and Aaron Peters just didn't show up anymore...

Speaking about his accent, I'm not a native speaker of English, but when I heard him talking for the first time, I was like "well, the accent isn't that strong..." I was hoping for some kind of Cockney accent or something ;)

15. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I think his accent is decent enough. Didn't realise at first he wasn't british, so he does a good one. My only problem as a brit is that you only ever hear posh accents on american tv when it comes to the english. I don't think I've ever heard a cockney/scouser/glaswegian accent. I could be wrong of course. But all brits seem to sound as if their related to the queen. We're not unfortunately.

Hope he sticks around anyway. Especialy if they put in quirky little english habbits into his character.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009