Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I am sooo excited,still framed a few and there is Nick sitting int he locker room by himself..so sad and yes, I love Nickangst so I am thrilled for George Eads,all I can say after three years is "finally",let the man shine.and from what I read on her blog she really thinks a lot of him too.

I am excited!!

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Has it been that long! Gees and what is even better is this episode is written from his perspective. Finally we get to go into Nick's world. Yes it will centre around Taylor Swift, but it's a crime from his perspective.

George hasn't had a decent storyline in so long it's really sad because he's a good actor, but had to take a back seat to ...other...storylines..

Sometimes I have to ask, if this was a male character would there be complaints. This does not look like a 'romance' between Nick and the girl, she's only a kid in the guy..they wouldn't dare do that as Taylor Swift is 19 and George is what 41.

I think the personal is more to do with the crimes itself and the troubled life the girl leads, it might strike a chord with Nick, perhaps it's due to the kind of year he has had.

Or maybe some fans don't want any human near Nick unless their chromosone starts with the second last letter of the alphabet and their name starts with the seventh letter of the alphabet.;)

So anyone know more about the episodes coming up after Turn, Turn, Turn?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

I live in Canada and can't view the preview for turn turn turn. Is there anyway i can find it? plz help.

4. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I like how Langston already knows it's personal for Nick. I hope he supports Nick and doesn't go into the whole "you shouldn't have personal interest" in cases.

5. Nicksfriend

I actually see this as an opportunity for Langston to bond with Nick...Nick and Warrick had this wonderful friendship, to me it was one of the best friendships on telelvision, I would love for these two men to establish a friendship too,someone Nick can trust. Riley and Greg have bonded well,and it seems there is an episode coming up for us to see just how much he has bonded with Riley....if the spoilers hold true.

I am excited for George Eads,he is a very emotional actor,he brings a lot to the table when it comes to showing us his characters feelings and his perspective will be great. We will see the victim through Nick's eyes,that actually sounds awesome to me....We saw the victim of a crime through Greg's eyes many times,he could empathize with Warrick when he was arrested for killing Gedda...he had experienced it first hand himself,being accused.

I think everybody will get a turn this season,it has been a difficult season to say the least,maybe we should allow George this acting moment,this episode, based on the fact that he actually deserves it,he can really act and I love angsty Nick.

6. Nicksfriend

:confused: I did a dumb thing.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^:lol:I'm sorry I had to laugh at your comment.

Does anyone know why this case is personal for Nick? Did I miss a spoiler?

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I don't think you did. Maybe Nick feels like he needs to save this girl especially after losing Warrick. And if he and the other CSIs have been called this motel multiple times they probably got to know a few of the people that lived/stayed there and that's why it becomes personal for him.

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

My comment actually has nothing to do with that. I support various ships (actually including N&M) and I have no objections to seeing Nick near female characters. If that were the case, then I think I'd see Riley or Catherine as far more of a "threat". What I don't like is the character herself and that the episode seems to be so centered around one CSI.

It's all about one canon character and one who already gets plenty of screentime on a regular basis at that. Yeah, I know Nick didn't get as much screentime as Grissom, Cath or Sara. But he still definitely got more screentime, and more storylines, than the rest of the main characters.

Like I said already, I really can see your point about the gender. I see myself as a feminist and I'm just tired of seeing shows where there's always the pretty young woman with baggage that the cute male canon character needs to protect/feels sorry for. If it was a male character instead of Swift's character, I probably wouldn't feel the same way because he wouldn't be a damsel in distress. As it stands, I'm tired of seeing damsels in distress on TV. It honestly wouldn't make a difference to me whether it was Nick, Greg, Grissom, Ray or any other character who felt the connection to the character. I'm just tired of the stereotype of an attractive, young woman always in need of protection. That stereotype is probably why I stopped watching CSI: Miami. Because every attractive female needs oh so much saving by Horatio. I feel like Swift's character fits that prototype -- one that you definitely see all over fanfiction -- to a 't'.

Also, yes, I am obviously aware that there is nothing romantic between the two of them, just like there isn't anything romantic between Horatio and the vast majority of the women he saves/fails to save. It's the whole concept of the PYT needing saving that irritates me. One of the reasons I like Riley so much is that she's (finally) a female character who isn't overloaded by baggage and whom no male character feels the need to protect.

I guess to me this just reminds me of the whole Kirsty/Kristy/whatever her name is angle. I think Nick is a strong and very compassionate character who is capable of feeling a personal connection with any character -- whether they're young or old, male or female, attractive or not. I read a really cute story a while ago about Nick helping an elderly homeless alcoholic woman. I would much prefer something like that. One thing I've always really liked about CSI is how it switches the roles around -- just like in Disarmed and Dangerous, where the underdog halfway house residents turned out to be the ones saving the day, rather than the CSI: Miami approach of always having Horatio Caine save the day. What I mean is just that it'd be nice to see Nick feeling protective instincts over someone else, specifically someone that didn't fit the profile of a MarySue. Her character, from what little I've seen so far is way too similar to fanfiction MarySues. It would be really nice if they were someone out of the ordinary -- perhaps someone who was in a more marginalized group, like in a particular disabled group, or who was in some way an underdog, like the kind of person that is normally underrepresented on television. Other than that, it would be nice if the character with whom he felt a connection was in some way related/similar to Warrick. I feel like that would bring a better sense of closure, and specifically the kind of closure that Nick, IMO, needs.

Like I said before, though, if it works to bump up the ratings, then I guess I'm alright with it.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry, still licking the wounds from a previous cough *icon* cough, cough battle.

I can see your point, but I guess because this is Taylor Swift, nobody wants to make her too much of a 'troubled teen'. She's idolized by the very audience they are trying to attract. That might be problematic.

So I hope the character isn't Mary Sue, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was too perfect. Cassie was just a little kid, so they couldn't make her evil. Swift is older, but there are pics showing she went through some kind of transition in terms of appearance, so maybe she won't be too perfect.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, as for Nick's screentime, he has had about the same as everyone else.

So what if this is Nick centered episode, ever character gets there at some point.

You mentioned Warrick didn't have much screentime, yet three episodes were pretty much, centered around him last season. He didn't get much screentime because of all the personal problems in Gary's life.

There has NOT been a episode centered around Nick since Season 6, episode 5 "Gum Drops" and that wasn't even suppose to be him. It was suppose to be a GSR episode, so that would've made "Grave Danger" one and that was more centered around the team finding him.

It's about time he gets more storyline as he has been a main character, since day one, unlike Greg and I still don't think he's considered a main character, but now maybe he is.

As for this character of Taylor Swift being a Mary Sue, it doesn't match any description I've heard of a Mary Sue, maybe a little, but not all of it.

And if you remember, there is one thing that will always get to Nick and that is kids and that is why he is probably the center of this story. Kids are his achilles heel.

I agree with the Kristy thing, and George Eads himself didn't want that storyline, it was lame.

As for everyone else, they'll get their screen time and they already have. Langston will get the most as he is the male lead and there is no changing that.

You know Nick never had a lot of screen time before and I, for one, am happy that he is finally being brought out to the forefront, because he's due.

Greg has had his episode/story centers in Season 7 and I am sure he will get some this season too, as the spoilers seem to indicate.

Now Catherine needs a little more screen time, as she hasn't really had much this season.

I don't think this episode is going to much centered around Taylor Swift as some think it is. What I've heard is that 15 minutes is dedicated to a season about crimes that happen at the hotel, not to her character. So maybe is just someone Nick sorta befriends, which a lot of people in law enforcement do.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry to post so soon, but ITA Speedy..

All one has to do is look at seasons, 3 and 4. Nary was there a sign of the Texan except to walk in, show evidence and go his merry way. It was pretty much the seasons of Grisson, Catherine, and Sara.

I can remember that I was a casual viewer and I said to my friend who was a regular viewer, "Are the others still there?" She said, "Yeah but I haven't seen them this much."

So yeah, George is due. It's sad it took three characters leaving for that to happen, but now it's time.

13. Nicksfriend

Speedy, you are so on the money especially with the season 3,4 comment...and I feel he is also due...I don't understand the complaint honestly, it almost sounds like sour grapes but we also have spoilers for Greg and Riley to have a storyline,in the finale...that actually sounds good to me...and we all know I am a Nick fan.

I guess I thought everybody would be happy for George,it has been a while for the man of emotion to be able to give a true George Eads performance and I for one am very excited regardless of the script or storyline.

Bring it on Goerge,your fans want some good acting...and I for one know that you will deliver!

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

See here is the problem with Greg. So many people do not see him as a main character because the writers have not taken him to that level. But is the show not about CSI's? He is a CSI now and has been since season 5, but yet he is stuck majority of the time sitting in the background doing menial work, like doing Archie's job in AV. They still treat him like a lab tech, overall. And the one time he gets to go out solo, they decided to have him get beat up. He has not had one since. He is always teamed up with someone else.

I'm glad Nick is getting a episode like this, I am since it has been a couple years since his last one. But I also want just once to see Greg get a case to work on where he is not put in danger or has to go on trial. It is focused around him working the case and we get to see what really makes him tick, what sort of cases really get to him. We know what types of cases get to Catherine and Nick and we did with Grissom too. Greg is now the next person who has been on the show since the start who I would like to know more about.

Okay off my little rant. Sorry, I had to get that out. :lol:

Drumchik, that video is the same one posted on the page prior. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.