Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree it was pretty funny!

I just found the CTV promo on Youtube. It is recorded from TV so the quality is not as good, and Greg fans will be glad to know he is in the promo.

click here

It would seem Catherine and Greg are on a seperate case about toothpaste being the cause of death - Seems that is where the minty fresh part of the title comes in.

Aww the person removed the promo from YouTube...that stinks. I wanted to see it, since CBS seems to like avoiding Greg in their promos most of the time.

Yeah I agree it was pretty funny!

I just found the CTV promo on Youtube. It is recorded from TV so the quality is not as good, and Greg fans will be glad to know he is in the promo.

click here

It would seem Catherine and Greg are on a separate case about toothpaste being the cause of death - Seems that is where the minty fresh part of the title comes in.

Aww the person removed the promo from YouTube...that stinks. I wanted to see it, since CBS seems to like avoiding Greg in their promos most of the time.

That's too bad. Maybe another one will pop up soon.

Press Release:
WHILE LANGSTON TESTIFIES AT THE TRIAL OF A RESPECTED CONGRESSMAN, NEW EVIDENCE COMES TO LIGHT THAT THROWS THE CASE INTO JEOPARDY, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” THURSDAY, FEB. 19

“Miscarriage of Justice” - While Langston testifies in the trial of a respected Congressman, new evidence sends the CSIs back to the lab to reopen the investigation, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Feb. 19 (9:00-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston…… Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows………….. Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes………………………….. George Eads
Captain Jim Brass………………….. Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders………………………… Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins……………………. Robert David Hall
David Phillips……………………….. David Berman
Hodges………………………….. Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms…………………………… Liz Vassey
Riley Adams……………………. Lauren Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
Henry Andrews……………………….. Jon Wellner
A.D.A. Hardt………………………. Kathleen York
Mrs. Griffin……………………… Melinda McGraw
Defense Attorney Whitten……….. Miguel Ferrer
Congressman Griffin………………. David Starzyk
Judge Himmel…………… Vanessa Bell Calloway
Dominic Humphreys………………… Steve Kazee
Amber Jones………………….. Elizabeth Chomko
Tommy Ruby…………………… Clayne Crawford
Officer…………………………….. Tomiko Martinez
Matty Moore……………………… Christa B. Allen
Melissa Humphreys………………… Amy Stewart
Officer Mitchell…………………….. Larry Mitchell
Dr. Stewart……………………………. Rick Worthy
Reporter #1……………………. Natasha M. Dixon
Reporter #2…………………….. Josie Di Vincenzo

WRITTEN BY: Richard Catalani and Jacqueline Hoyt
DIRECTED BY: Louis Milito [Source: CBS]

Last edited:
Oh okay, so it's like Grissom on the stand and the fingerprint appearing on the matchbox.

So we're not only recycling actors, but plots too.

It should be interesting to see Langston as a CSI 1 on the stand. Unless he's on the stand in his capacity as a professor.

Dear TPTB: Please bring Ann Donahue back. That is all.

I think the professor angle might make more sense.

lol at the recycling comments. I can take it between shows (Carmine G)but it does get old recycling them on the same show after a while.

Oh okay, so it's like Grissom on the stand and the fingerprint appearing on the matchbox.

So we're not only recycling actors, but plots too.

It should be interesting to see Langston as a CSI 1 on the stand. Unless he's on the stand in his capacity as a professor.

Dear TPTB: Come up with some new ideas, please. There's a recession on and I coud use a job!

Course in my world, Mandy and Nick would star in the show..so maybe not.:guffaw:

wow. TPTB definitely seem incapable to come up with entirely new plots after 9 years....you can definitely tell that this show has almost run its course.. :(
Ann Donahue isn't there anymore ? have i missed something? lol :cardie:

Ann Donahue use to write CSI and she hasn't doing the CSI since around third or fourth season 'till she moved to do Miami, just like Anthony Zuiker.

wow. TPTB definitely seem incapable to come up with entirely new plots after 9 years....you can definitely tell that this show has almost run its course.. :(
Ann Donahue isn't there anymore ? have i missed something? lol :cardie:

Well she wrote some good episodes, some very personal ones.

I actually like some of the newer writers who have come on board as of late. The older ones are kind of still writing as if Grissom was there, but the newer ones seem more interested in writing for characters like Nick who have been in the background for sooo long and had maybe two lines per episode. The first one with Langston coming on board was great. I really enjoyed it. The one written by Dustin Lee Abraham really tanked or I thought it did.

Writers like Allen MacDonald have said they really enjoy writing for Nick and given that I've read and heard fans say, "We miss Grissom, but Nick is still there." I'm glad McDonald is on board. Sara Goldfinger seemed to enjoy writing more for Grissom and Sara as did Richard Fink, but now that they are gone, I'm wondering how they will be able to write for characters who they haven't put much time, effort and interest into.

I remember watching the commentary for Gum Drops and Goldfinger kept going on and on about how she originally had the show planned as it was supposed to be because it was supposed to be the big GSR moment. She never really seemed to get the fact it was a very, very popular episode. It was a very touching episode as it was a vehicle for Nick to kind of deal with his trauma of being buried alive.

So her commentary had me wondering if she had any interest in writing for the other characters other than Grissom and Sara.

JMHO, if someone wants to enlighten me, that's fine. Just an opinion.

Maybe the show needs a fresh start with a whole new crop of writers-but then again, maybe that would worst thing.

Maybe I should just be quiet.:guffaw:

Anymore spoilers?

that is funny, cause miami fans want to get rid of her.

The way i see it, any greg storyline is better than no greg storyline.

The way i see it, any greg storyline is better than no greg storyline.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. But it looks like it will be Nick's season this year. It seems he has a few coming up.

Well he's due. He got shoved to the background througout seven and eight to make room for GSR.

But again, these are only spoilers, we don't know for sure how true they are, or if they'are going to change.

I wish I knew why TPTB could equalize storylines for the characters so it's no one's season.

It's not so much that the show has run it's course but that the writers are getting lazy.

Last time I checked, people were still being murdered on a fairly regular basis so it's not like they're going to run out of material. I watch a lot of those real life crime/forensics shows and I find myself saying, gee, this would be a good CSI episode. There are plenty of real life cases out there for them to draw from but instead, they keep recycling the same stupid plot lines from show to show to show. Can you say mole? I knew you could. :rolleyes:

Back in the early days of CSI, they drew from real cases. The episodes After The Show and Anatomy of a Lye both come to mind. Those were both inspired by real events.

I say sit the writers down for a marathon of Forensic Files and get those creative juices flowing again!

Last edited:
I completely agree! You can watch History Channel or A&E for two hours and come up with a whole slew of cases. But maybe it's harder than I think, I don't know.

I do like the mole storyline, but it has been recycled through all kinds of porcedural crime dramas. I'm surprised that CSI hasn't done it earlier than Season Nine. But regardless, I'm sure they'll do a great job with it...I hope.

But I will say that the show is closely near the end of it's run, IMO. So, yeah the stories are gonna sound a little repeditive.

I completely agree! You can watch History Channel or A&E for two hours and come up with a whole slew of cases. But maybe it's harder than I think, I don't know.

I do like the mole storyline, but it has been recycled through all kinds of porcedural crime dramas. I'm surprised that CSI hasn't done it earlier than Season Nine. But regardless, I'm sure they'll do a great job with it...I hope.

But I will say that the show is closely near the end of it's run, IMO. So, yeah the stories are gonna sound a little repeditive.

It wouldn't have to be near its run if the writers got a reality check...the actors for the CSI's have been told that they should not allow the raise or opt out of the raise for next year for the economy's sake...I have a better idea.

I would have a write off...between the writers, let them show their works on the show and those who get the best ratings would be allowed to stay on and those who miss the mark go bye-bye...save loads of money on sloppy writing.

Now with that said,let's look at our favorite characters on the show...Nick,Greg,Catherine, our fabulous labrats and we can't forget about Archie...Ecklie maybe. Let them have better story lines....instead of breaking in another new character and dropping the ratings. I am actually excited about episode Turn,Turn,Turn...people are already excited, Its a Nick centered episode and it has a recognizable face guest starring...now there is a new concept....use the characters that everybody love...it just makes sense.

Sometimes the produceers of great shows lose track of what us little people want...our favorites involved in good story lines and great crime scene drama...sticking to the basics is key to success,not big actor names and definitely not ignoring them to make the new guy the center of the story.

We have nine years invested in this show and if they heard the applause at Petersen's walk of fame then they would have noted that our boys got very good response...people love our Nicky and Greg...I heard it in their applause.

Youtube has the entire event on tape....I love it....our boys looked so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back