Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I agree. Melina or Carmine or any other actor could have shown so much emotion in that scene, but Anna just didn't. She hands over the flowers and leaves...there really isn't any emotional build up whatsoever.

I also didn't understand why she was the one to give her flowers. It hadn't really been shown in the episode that it had effected her, only that she and Stella seemed kind of wary about the wife's claim that her husband WASN'T a pedophile. If it were something like Stealing Home, where the case affected her from the start and THEN she goes and confronts the bad guy about why he did it, okay, I would get it. But there really wasn't anything that showed she was feeling any more about the grieving widow than Stella or Hawkes or Mac did. I'm glad that the writers are trying to make her seem a little more compassionate, but at this point its way too late--now its just out of character for her to be likeable....and that is truly sad.

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I had a weird dream last night about CSI:NY (i need to have a word with myself, I know). Lindsay died during child birth leaving Danny to bring up the child with the help of Flack and Adam. It was like 3 men and a baby but with a much better cast! Just thought I would share (and hopefully give TPTB some ideas)

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: Aside from the death (although I don't like Lindsay, it would be kind of callous to say I wish her dead - although she's fictional and it wouldn't technically be evil of me to say so... :shifty:), that sounds like a hilarious dream.

I've had CSI:NY-related dreams too, so don't feel too silly. :p

4. csi Tazz

csi Tazz Dead on Arrival

i agree with everyone out there who thinks she is immature and she just irritates me she doesn't deserve a good man like danny who she thinks she can just throw around the place:scream:

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Much as I wouldn't mind seeing Lindsay offed in any way the writers came up with :lol: , I doubt they'd have her die in childbirth if for no other reason than that this storyline was tied into Anna's real life pregnancy. Unless the character got shot and went into labor and died from the gunshot after giving birth or something like that. I think it would make a much more interesting storyline for Danny than playing happy family, but at the same time, I kinda doubt it will happen.

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I agree. I'd like to see Lindsay gone, but having her killed off, especially in childbirth is just a bad idea. It would make her a martyr, and then we'd have to listen to Danny wax miserable for the forseeable future.

I'd much rather have her get all pissed off over something and flounce back to Montana, making a permanent exit, preferably leaving the baby with Danny. I know that Flack, Hawkes, and especially Stella would do whatever they could to help him out.

As an aside, I saw in another thread on here that someone was of the opinion that Lindsay has decent chemistry with everyone BUT Danny. I kind of see it, but I'm not 100% sure. If that is the case, it may be because she's had the vast majority of her interractions with Danny, leaving him as her prop. That would drag chemistry down with any actor/character.

I do think she has better chemistry with Mac, simply with them being the most buttoned down and uptight characters. Not sure about the others, though. What does everyone else think?

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I do think she has much better chemistry with Mac than anyone else on the show. I've never seen anything between her and Danny, probably because (as you pointed out) she's being propped up by him. There might have been a bit with her and Stella somewhere if you squint, bu overall the only character i can stand to see her interact with and have it be believeable in any way is Mac.

Lindsay leaving the show would be a welcome change, I agree...but then we'd have to deal with however many episodes of Danny grieving and lamenting over her death, and that is something I really don't want to see. (or maybe we will get lucky and the black hole of continuity will strike, and the next episode he won't even remember her death?)

8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I'd like to think that she and their dreadfully, ill-conceived spawn would disappear into whichever abyss consumed Louie and now seems to have gotten Reed as well. However, I'm a realist and can only assume that the one time they OUGHT to pull a Dallas -have Danny wake up realizing season five was all a terrible nightmare- they'll probably decide now is the time to think continuity...

I don't want Danny to angst over her for any amount of time either, but they were so eager to remove all possibility of Aiden ever returning I'd like to think they could do me the favor of giving me the same bitter ending here.

I'd like them to find an "out" for the fictitious fetus too. If they write Montana out and leave Danny with this kid he'll be forever tied to this bloody horrific plot line, and Lindsay whether or not she ends up dead or just back in Montana. I just want him to be able to let ALL of this go and return to being interesting.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Top41

Danny with a kid to raise on his own would be fine. Danny grieving for Lindsay would be fine--Carmine can handle the emotional stuff. He does great with it. Yeah, Danny would fall apart, but we know Flack, Mac and Stella would be there to help pick up the pieces. I'd be fine with Lindsay dying and Danny mourning her for a while, because it means Carmine would get more to work with and we wouldn't have to endure the scrunch face!

I think at this point for her to leave the show, they'd have to kill her off or have her go missing--otherwise it's just messy (I can't see Danny ever being okay with her taking the baby and leaving).

Would love it if they'd off her at last--I actually think now would be a good time because it would create so much emotional turmoil for Danny. With all this happy-happy, joy-joy stuff coming up, it would sure be a jaw-dropping twist for Lindsay to die at the end of the season.

I'm not holding my breath on it, though. ;)

10. privatename

privatename Rookie

What if Lindsay just decided to stay home with the spawn. Then she would only have to be mentioned once in a while, but not actually be on my screen. She can even make an appearance once or maybe twice a season to show off the baby and then she can fade back into being an off-screen character. I realize there would be a lot of criticism about having a female character become a stay-at-home mom, but it is a choice women do make and it would get her off my screen and that is what I really want.

I agree that, as usual, Lindsay might as well have been a flower delivery person for all the emotion she showed in her face.

I agree it was nice to see her thinking of someone else for once, but it really felt like she was going through the motions because you really couldn't see compassion or anything else from her facial expression in any of her scenes. She really just seemed like she was doing a read-through of the script without actually putting any emotion into her inflection or her expressions in the scenes with the wife. As someone above said, she really seems to struggle to keep up with the rest of the cast and sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise good cast.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  11. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

The vibe I've been getting the last few episodes is that both the writers and AB have just given up on the character altogether.

This last episode, her performance was just so flat. More so than usual. Even the scenes with the widow, it seemed she could barely drum up the energy for the scrunch face.

It reminded me of the old saying about phoning in a performance. Not it feels like she's just sending in postcards.

12. Top41

I've kind of gotten that feeling since last season, actually. There haven't been any storylines for her, and she's usually just expo girl or harping on Danny for something. There's nothing to her character anymore.

But then, the less she's given to do, the better. The other actors on the show are so much better and so much more deserving of storylines.

13. Flop41

Flop41 Civilian

First of all, i'm sure lots and lots of you will be seething after reading this post, but you know what, who gives?

Honestly, the fact that this thread has a part three makes me laugh. Uncontrollably actually. I feel bad for you guys. Honestly, you act like a fictional character ruins y'all's lives on a day-to-day basis. What is it that she does? Offers competition in regards to your main man, Danny? Makes you cry with boredom? Well, whatever it is that helps you sleep at night. Here's a suggestion, head to your nearest book store, and there is a book called "How to... return home from DENIAL" Look it up, i'm sure many of you will deem it a fantastic read.

You do all realise that it's actually TPTB that write the episodes, not Lindsay, or Anna for that matter. So this misconstrued hatred you have for the actress and character makes me chuckle. So thank's y'all it's appreciated!
    And before you somehow in your deluded ways turn it around and say it's Anna that acts out what she's given. Don't bother, it's been said time and time again, and just because you keep repeating yourselves - well, quite frankly, it's old. Find a new insult, please? Thanks, once again, much appreciated.

You know, I hope Anna does come on here, and, god forbid the oppurtunity arises for her to accept an award - I genuinely hope that after she's mentioned collegues, family, close friends and supporters, she'll give a few of you morons a mention and in the fine words of Tina Fey, tell you to suck it.

Hey, at least then you'd have a vaild reason to hate her.

And before the infamous personal attacks start for voicing my own personal opinion on why it is Lindsay - shock horror - shouldn't go.

I would like to take the oppurtunity to advise you to save your time, and not bother. I will not be coming back. I am simply voicing my own - and other Lindsay/Anna fan's opinions. And, before you ask, no, i'm not a chicken, and yes, I do have vaild reasons to back up my arguments. Thing is I have better things to do with my time than arguing with the likes of y'all. I have made my point, and that's all I wanted to do. Offer a little balance to this amazing little deluded world you have going on.

So unfortunately for you guys, looks like no tedious arguments getting thrown back and forth about how I'm wrong, and whatever the heck else y'all keep telling yourselves. Aww, sad day for you all.

Have fun tearing this post apart like you love to do. :thumbsup:

14. Top41

Seething? More like amused. :lol: And I'm sure you'll be back, at least to read. ;)

Thanks for the thread bump, and the chuckle! :thumbsup:

15. GotGameFAn

GotGameFAn Hit and Run

No offense to you, but I was laughing way too hard. Everyone has their opinion, but I suggest you shouldn't be in their face about it. I'm not sure if what you wrote is "in your face", since I didn't bother to read it. So yeah, I was laughing at the fact that you actually thought that we'd care about your little speech. And, if you don't like this board, why the hell did you even bother waste your friggin time here, anyway?

Anyway, I do think Lindsay should go. She sticks out like a sore thumb over there, and its as if she's just Danny's love interest or something. Her face is always emotionless and she's kinda immature.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.