Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

Re: Laurence/Raymond: The New Guy

I enjoy watching Laurence Fishburne, and quite liked how his character had a shaky first day. Having him come in and be automatically fabulous at his job would not have been believable.

To me, he is in my top three coolest actors list (with Samuel L Jackson and Denzel Washington being the other 2).

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

There's a new post on the CSIFiles news about LF. I was quite impressed with what I read there. What did you guys think?

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

CSI File: Fishburne Is 'Loving It' I believe is what your asking about?

Hmm I loved the last part:
    The schedule Fishburne follows while filming CSI is "perfect" for his life right now, he revealed. "My wife and I have just had a new child; my 17-year-old daughter has recently come to live with me from New York. So it places me in the home all the time," he said. "I get to sleep in my own bed every night, which is a new experience for me because working in film means being on the road, and working in the theater means the hours that mostly musicians work, so it's late-night stuff. So this has been a tremendous blessing for me at this point in my life."

IMDB Laurence Fishburne

Birth Name: Laurence Fishburne III
    Nickname: Fish, Larry

Spouses:
    Hajna O. Moss (1985-199?) (Divorced) 2 Children (Son: Langston Born in 1987, & Daughter Montana Born 1991)

Gina Torres (9-20-2002 - Present) 1 Child (Daughter Delilah Born 2007)

Character on CSI: Ray Langston, is taken from the name of his oldest son.

4. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Besides i am gonna miss Grissom so much , i need to admit i like LF's charisma. I am also glad he is level 1 . I thought i am watching a new pilot episode in his first eppy as a lead actor and i had fun.

5. xenon22

xenon22 Victim

I really do like LF's acting and character. Greg and Nick have retained their chemistry, and I think the with the vast amount of talent that LF brings to the show, he will fall into place within a few more episodes. Marg is still the worst actress I think I've every seen. This is the last I'll say on this, because with every episode I try to ignore her, but Catherine is not believable as a character, and Marg lacks any ability whatever so ever to develop the character. I want to give the show a chance because LF did, but she kills it everytime!

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a couple of recent photos of LF shopping at Farmers Market in L.A.

http://www.csifanatic.com/

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO Civilian

I'm really interested with this character. Wonder what will be his direction? Will he move up quickly? It's weird to see an older character as CSI LV 1...

8. happyharper13

Thanks Desertwind. Hehe. Never would have guessed he was a Tigger fan. That's fun :)

9. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Count me in. I think the man is boundless cool.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I saw the recent news bullet...didn't know he was married to Gina Torres. I'd like her in a guest role too. Although it's hard not to think of ANgel for me.

11. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

While I knew Fishburne would do a great job, I am enjoying his performance thus far and what he brings to the character and show. Raymond as a new CSI is going thru all the trials and tribulations of a newbie yet uses his previous experience and knowledge on pyschiatry to help solve the case when needed. Love that it bugs him that he can't get a handle on fingerprinting but keeps trying!

12. happyharper13

I've seen her on Firefly, but I didn't know she was in Angel. What was her role?

And I think it would be so totally cool to see Gina Torres on CSI. We know that Ray was wearing a wedding band at one point, so maybe she can even play his wife onscreen. That would be so cool.

13. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

She has already appeared as the warden in "XX". ;)

LaSquisita

14. happyharper13

My understanding is that they definitely have had actors take on new roles within the show, even when they've already been on it in various capacities. Jon Wellner, for example, played a zookeeper (or something like that) on C.S.I. before taking on the role of Henry Andrews.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

They had the actress who played Tina,Warrick's wife, in a very early episode of CSI playing a woman whose boyfriend was accused of killing his wife and son by setting fire to their bedroom.