"The Grave Shift" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 18, 2009.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bolding's mine.

I agree. I really enjoy Riley, however I thought she was a bit off base, being that she is also new to LVPD CSI and that she screwed up not too long ago in "Say Uncle". But I think it's because of that that she corrected Langston.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree. One of many reasons why Season 5 is my least-favorite of all the seasons.

I think it's actually quite cool that they have a man of his age in an entry-level position, making mistakes and learning from them. IMO, that's one of the neat ways that the series has returned to its roots. But instead of having Grissom, the elder, tutoring his young charges, now the tables are turned, and some of the younger, yet more experienced CSIs are the ones tutoring the professor. I think that's a marvelous reshaping of the cast's dynamics, all while remaining true to the series' origins. Laurence Fishburne is a skilled enough actor that he can make that plausible, and I think he blended in beautifully with the rest of the cast. I'm sure that William Petersen wanted to be able to leave the show (at least as an actor; as far as I know, he's still an executive producer) in good hands; he must feel relieved to know that that's exactly what he did.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It occurred to me just how ironic it is that the whole shift change happened in episode 9x11. After all, 9/11 has become synonymous with "change" this decade.

4. Micha

Micha Rookie

I like the episode, especially when Langston walked in the lab with his tie cut of.

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Huh. That's rather eerie. Kinda like how Bush gave his farewell the same night as Grissom.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This is the episode that is scheduled to be shown this week, Thanksgiving night. :)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We did try to watch this, but lots of talking going on. However it was Langston's first time working with the team. How sweet and nice Nick was to him, "you don't have to wear a suit":lol: and helped him with the prints, also Cath showed him the ropes. He's so receptive and so eager to learn. Hodges was a real weenie and coped an attitude, but Langston just lets it roll off his back. But showing him the cornmeal experiement, did impress Hodges. How he's progressed since this episode. A master of all he surveys. Great actor :bolian: