"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Does Taylor Swift count? (or Kevin Federline?)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree. I don't mind bringing in names to boost ratings to a certain demographic, but I don't want the show to showcase irresponsible celebrities just for the publicity.
    I hope this makes sense in the context of my previous comment.

4. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I wouldn't be too worried about her. Taylor Swift is an extremely talented singer and songwriter, in addition to being what I consider a very beautiful young woman. I'm looking forward to her episode. :D :shifty:

Guest stars are used to draw an audience. K-Fed was in the news at the time, so . . . *insert shrugging smiley*

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly! Why do most people hate GSR, because the GSR fans constantly shoved the relationship in our faces and why we fought and complained about it.

Now I certainly hope that we don't have to see those sources posted again. I mean it isn't like we haven't seen it posted over and over and over and over, etc, again. Which proves my point as to it constantly being thrown in our faces.

As much as I wanted Grissom's last scene to be just Grissom, I knew the episode would end the way it did, DESPITE all the sources out there. Why? Because Mendohlsen and Rambo are such GSR supporters, NOT because of said sources.

Now will this end all the GSR talk? Nope, it won't, because now it will be how they will return, married and with a baby. :rolleyes: This will happen, despite the fact the CM herself has confirmed that Grissom will NOT be returning this season.

I will definitely miss Grissom as I have always liked his character and if going to be with Sara makes him happy, so be it. I used to not mind Sara, but with GSR constantly thrown in my face, I really can't stand her anymore.

Though, thankfully, that didn't happen with Grissom no matter how much of a hypocrite he became. Chastizing (sp?) his subordinates for things he's doing. Because having a relationship with a subordinate is unethical and then keep working with said subordinate on cases put all those cases at risk. Not to mention he really mostly only worked with her. GSR moments where not that long and few and far between, ummm, don't think so.

However, I'm glad they didn't leave the whole GSR thing hanging and they finished it, so to speak. I know you'll be shocked when I say this, but I'm happy the GSR fans got what they wanted because if I was following that ship, I'd be happy too. Just like I'm happy when they bring Nick to the forefront.

In any case, I'm glad Grissom found his happiness because everyone deserves that. I do look forward to him making an appearance in the future.

I did like his final walk through the lab, silently saying good-bye to his other 'family'. Definitely, liked the wink that Catherine gave him.

Still not happy with Nick and Grissom's scene, but that might have more to do with the fact that originally he was suppose to say "You did a good job", which proves to me how much tptb and the writers really think of Nick and that would be not much. I'm glad Petersen changed the line, but the bad way Grissom always treated Nick, I expected more.

I'm still kind of surprised that Grissom didn't respond to what Greg said, but unlike Nick, Grissom has always been there for Greg so I suppose that was ok.

I loved that Langston thought he knew better and went to talk to the killer and finding out that Grissom was right. You need to follow the evidence. See even a professor can still learn things.

Hodges trying to convince Grissom to stay, oh what is Hodges going to do without his 'hero'.

I really liked the part where they were in the lecture hall figuring out who the serial killer (yeah, his name is escaping me at the moment) was looking at. That was really cool.

I also think that maybe Grissom could've said something to Riley, somewhere along the lines that he's leaving her in good hands, that Catherine and Nick will teach her well. However, the fact that she wasn't in the episode that much is appropriate because this really should've been about the original team since it was Grissom's 'last big game'.

I will miss Grissom and CSI will not be the same, but then again whenever a long time character leaves the show will not be the same. Its different without Sara and Warrick, but that doesn't mean it will end.

*hopes Destiny doesn't hose her* [​IMG] I think I'll go hide now.

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Ah, OK. I thought they meant Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan as "big names" or "people who make a lot of press", or "people who attract teenagers". Taylor Swift's guest appearance indeed helped to give a little press to CSI, I think if it wasn't for the news of her guest-starring, Grissom's departure wouldn't have made E! News.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

First: Lets remember this is an episode thread and not the spoiler lab (for future eps), thanks.

Second:
    As I said in the Spoiler lab, unless it pertains to an episode which more likely then not it won't all GSR discussions can take place in the SC forum. Any done here that doesn't have a reason to be happening here will be automatically moved to that forum, for the mods there to merge with the proper thread.

Lastly: it is one thing to gloat, but there is such a thing as pushing the limits, and before anyone says anything yes if it were the opposite I would still be saying the same thing. Now lets settle down and discuss the whole episode please. Thank-you. ;)

8. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I'm sure no one noticed but LVPD got a new sheriff--except they didn't. Previously, the sheriff, Ben Burdick, was played by Nick Searcy. I thought they got a new one because the guy in the episode was not Nick Searcy. But at one point, Brass says, "Sheriff Burdick" so they didn't but they did. Yeah, I know, it's one of those details in the episode that otherwise gets completely overlooked. Sort of like the great reaction Brass has to the drug dealer who became LVPD road kill.

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought something seemed a bit off with the Sheriff, but I couldn't put my finger on it. The new guy reminded me a lot of the evil, murdering Undersheriff McKeen. Maybe with the reshuffling of the lab, we'll see the Sheriff a bit more - as a foil to Ecklie, Cath & Brass. (Will they make Ecklie the 'good guy' now?) It's possible that Nick Searcy doesn't have enough time to give to the role. I see on imdb.com that he has two movies coming out in 2009. I like Nick Searcy. To me, he'll always be the evil Frank Bennett from Fried Green Tomatoes.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thank you, now I remember where I saw him!

I'd be really interested in watching how Catherine, Ray, Nick and the team (I love the way that sounds:)) deal with this new politicial structure. I've always found that part of CSI fascinating being a politcal science major myself-I see politics in just about everything!:lol:

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

According to the Guest cast list..

Sheriff: Mark Rolston

12. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

Well, I'm extremely happy with the episode in every way.

I think one of my favorite scenes was the Grissom/Ecklie scene with the bugs. That made me laugh. And I really loved the Hodges scene too. Especially the Sherlock/Watson reference, I thought that fit their relationship perfectly.

Even though I completely loved the solo-walk-out-the-lab scene, I was wondering if they shot the alternate ending? I agree with Billy that everyone hugging wouldn't fit Grissom's character, but me being the character-driven CSI fan that I am would still like to see it. :). So does anyone know if they just cut that scene from the script, or if they shot it and then cut it?

And one last thing. Does anyone know who composed that musical piece that played during Grissom's last scenes? Or the name of it? Because I sure would love to have, it was so beautiful/heart wrenching/perfect.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Mark Rolston also played Agent Cole on CSI Miami and has been playing demon Alastair on Supernatural.

I forgot to mention that I thought the scene between Ecklie and Grissom was funny... when Ecklie was on the phone with the sheriff and then Grissom said he has a favor for him to ask the Sheriff and Ecklie said: "do you have bugs in my office?" and Griss replied, "no, I have bugs in my office." :lol:

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I thought the same thing! When they first showed him, I thought they'd brought back McKeen's twin.

Thank you! I knew I'd seen him before too but couldn't place him.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Does anyone know where the "rainforest" scene in Costa Rica was filmed? It looked so real, so much greenery and plants and the little monkey and the bugs very realistic~good visuals!