"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

Well, you are one of them. You said it`s over,why waste a whole post about GSR and nothing else? :confused:

Not talking about you, but saying: "I wanted to vomit!" is not a discussion, that`s insulting. Another reason for people too leave.
    I registered 2006 and this board became so hostile over the years.
    Really sad.

Anyway, I liked the episode very much and even enjoyed the new character. I think "Uncle Fish" fits in pretty well.:)

ETA: Quote "did you know that there were more characters in this ep other then Grissom and Sara? "

Yes, indeed. ;o) Loved Catherine`s wink at the end. I thought it was really sweet. She totally knew what Gil was up to. Nick and Greg made me tear up. Hodges is just confusing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lolz. How about shaking head and smirking while murmuring a "see? Told ya." :lol:

The torturing scenes...I really could have done without them. They were much harder to watch than those skeletons. I liked that after the case, Dr. Langston felt he needed to do more than just teaching and took Grissom's offer. Also, that wink Catherine gave him and the smile on his face was a perfect ending for his time in CSI. It looked like he left satisfied, knowing the lab will be in good hands.

Now I can't wait to see Catherine as supervisor. Go Catherine! :D

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah the way he looked fondly at everyone as he walked down the hall was really moving and well done by Billy. You can tell there was real emotion behind it.

I think Grissom's expression as he looked at Greg said how proud he was of him. I've always loved the Grissom/Greg dynamic because so often when they worked scenes together, sometimes no words were needed, they would just give each other looks. I think they understood each other really well.

The cast was great in this episode and their chemistry really shined through in it.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm avoiding the scary GSR debate and I'm going to attempt to explain Hodges. Yeah, I know, may God be with me. :lol:

Somebody else mentioned something like this, but my thoughts were that the scene between Hodges and Grissom was sort of a callback to You Kill Me. Their discussion was about how Sara left but Grissom wasn't ready to leave. To me it seemed like it was sort of referring to that.

But yes, it was a little odd.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ecklie the new undersheriff... man I didn't see that one coming.

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I'm in complete agreement with pretty much your entire post. The only difference is that, on second viewing, I liked Part I more than I thought I did. On first viewing, the pacing did strike me as being odd, but watching it again last night, I found it to be a very enthralling episode. The pacing seemed more cinematic than the usual, run-of-the-mill TV stuff, and I appreciated it more the second time around.

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Overall, I enjoyed it. I could have done without the very last scene, but oh well.

I thought it was nice that just about everyone got their own little scenes with Grissom this episode. Nothing with Super Dave or Doc this ep, but they got theirs last ep. I especially liked the walk through the lab and the pause to look at Warrick's memorial card. Very poignant.

Overall, I'll give it a 7.5-8. Would have been a 10 if not for the last scene.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

In watching part one again, the serial killer didn't seem as creepy to me as he did the first time. In fact, at times he bordered on laughable.

Ecklie becoming the Under Sheriff did stun me! :lol: I didn't see it coming, and it made it more enjoyable to be surprised. Almost makes me think it's better not to read spoilers. ALMOST. ;)

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Very true! Not knowing Ecklie was becoming Undersheriff made it so much more awesome! I think it's a good choice. Ecklie has that snakey persistance about him that makes him perfect for the postion in my opinion. I hope this means that he gets more screen time. More scenes with Conrad is well deserved.

I really liked the Dick & Jane arc. II think it was well played out and well thought out. This reminded me so much of the Paul Milander arc. Another great acting job by everyone involved. Not that it was unexpected or anything. I will hand it to TPTB for that.

10. shaggy2

shaggy2 Victim

Hello and I don't wish to insult you by this but using the term "Get over it." may insults the anti-GSR crowd. They are also entitled to their own opinions :) ;).

I myself do support GSR and am very happy with the episode.

In response to your comment: I'm still new to the board and my quote of your reply did not work--I got someone else's quote. So I copied and pasted it. But the point is that I certainly did not wish to insult anyone here when I made the remark about "get over it." My feelings have been hurt by people throwing the GSR stuff around as it pertains to Gil and Sara's relationship. I'm a romantic at heart and I loved the ending. It was great to see the lovers re-united. That's what I meant.

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Smokey,

I think they lifted that sound byte from "Let It Bleed". I have no idea why though.

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I'm kind of warming up to Ecklie - I think a lot of people are. It'll be interesting to see what we get from him in the next 14-ish episodes. I liked his scene with Grissom - he was so confused and un-Ecklie :lol: it was fun to watch.

Overall I loved the episode. The teamwork, just like in For Warrick, is still there, and I have faith that it'll continue on. I liked Langston a lot better in the second half, he seemed more human to me - but then, we saw more of him and he actually did something.

I really loved Cat in this episode, too. I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat: She's at her best when she's got that balanced strength thing going on. I loved her scene with Nick - I see them more like brother and sister than anything and look forward to seeing them work together more often.

As for Grissom's good-bye scenes with the rest of the cast - I thought that in a few of them it felt like a bit of a parallel between "goodbye Grissom" and "goodbye Billy." Did anyone else get that? I mean, maybe I'm just reading into things but he told Nick, "You were my best student," and Nick has grown a lot over the last 8 1/2 years, as has George.

Anyway, my psychosis aside, Grissom's walk-through just about broke me, but the look on his face - admiring each one of his "guys," you knew he'd be OK, and you can't be sad for a guy who's going to get what he wants.

I was kind of annoyed with the end-end in the rainforest at first because it didn't seem like a Grissom ending to me, but the more I think about it, maybe it wasn't meant to be a Grissom ending at all. Once I adjusted my attitude a little, it felt more like a new beginning for Grissom - which is really what it is for Billy too.

13. Grillows1st

Grillows1st Hit and Run

I'm not being snarky, i'm just saying it how I saw it.
    I still don't understand why Billy would do that and say something totally different in TV Guide.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm going to take a page from Destiny and ask about charactersr other than Grissom and Sara. I know given the ending it's hard to do but here it goes:

Does anyone remember a scene where Langston looks at a ring on his hand? I wonder what that meant.

I find it rather scarey people are continuing to talk about Grissom and Sara. They are gone now and will only be back for guest appearances.

Is this a sign of things to come? Will the show continue on without Grissom? I hope so for the other characters who have been overshadowed over the years by Grissom and Sara-and I'm not bashing them, it just appears to be that way.

The issue I had with GSR is how it overshadowed the organic nature of the show-it was a team show led by Gil Grissom, but on the internet it felt like the Grissom and Sara show.

And reading on other websites how GSR fans are simply going to bale is rather sad because now we get to see the other charcters finally take centre stage and a new character to emerge.

15. Grillows1st

Grillows1st Hit and Run

I do not recall seeing that, no. Hm.

I don't mean to just talk about Grissom and Sara because Sara was my least favorite but i'm only talking about them at this point in time because I was disappointed and I feel really mislead. I was literally waiting for weeks to see this episode and it came out extremely different than I had thought. There were so many rumors, spoilers, etc. about who Gil would end up with and the only one that I found to be the most meaningful was the TV Guide interview with Billy.
    I hear Billy will be back for the 200th episode, that is wonderful! I am willing to accept him back in to my bedroom - I mean, on my TV in my room. :guffaw:

Oh it can, Marg is there! :thumbsup:That's the only reason on WHY i'm continuing to watch it. If she wasn't on it anymore though, I would definitely stop watching it. Until she leaves, i'm here forever. Love Catherine!

From where I hang out, which is mostly youtube lol, it felt like the Grissom and Catherine show ;) Which she is the female lead after all. :cool: :drool:

What other websites are you on?
    I'm looking forward to seeing other characters take center stage even if I am disappointed that Billy decided to leave.