"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I really don't think there will be a lot of GSR fans who bail out, especially since their characters had such a great finale. The ones who stop watching will more likely be total Grissom/WP fans, or maybe even Sara/JF fans who won't have much hope of seeing her without Grissom.
    I think as a whole the fan based 'ships' only make up a small portion of the viewers, but a big portion of the internet sites. Most viewers do watch the show because of the stories and the quality of the production. If a lot of people stop watching it won't be because of cast changes (unless there are a lot of faithful WP followers out there who don't like change), it will be because the stories aren't compelling enough. The show may not have the same hype without GSR or the same 'buzz', but it is still considered a top notch crime drama and I don't think that will change. But if they start recruiting Brittney Spears or Lindsay Lohan to guest star, then I'd be worried. :confused:

Sorry, I guess this has gotten off topic. But it's late, and I'm having trouble sleeping, and I need someone to talk to. :)

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

At least now we might be able to see more about the other characters, and I hope, I really hope, that now Marg is really going to get a chance to shine. I think Catherine as supervisor is going to be a great change of pace for this show, and hopefully we get back to what used to be a really awesome show.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I understood that to mean that he was silently grimacing at the fact that he had to take off his wedding ring before he went to see Haskell. It's like he was giving his wife a "forgive me for breaking the vows by taking off this ring" plea, even though she wasn't there.

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I saw that, and I thought Langston was regretting not only having to take it off, but that he had to in the first place. He's going in to visit a serial killer who targets couples, and he doesn't want to make himself a target or reveal anything personal that Haskell could use. I think he had a moment of 'what is the world coming to' as he looked at his ring.

Of course, we know nothing personal about Langston yet, and I also had a fleeting thought that maybe his wife was out of the picture, whether dead or divorced I couldn't say.

Anyway, that was my take!

5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I saw the scene with the ring as well. It occurs when Langston is ridding himself of contraband objects before going to interview DJK. He shakes a head a bit before removing the ring. I take it to mean he is widower who had vowed never to take his wedding ring off.

Speaking of things coming full circle, I think it was a nice touch to have Ecklie looking shocked and not real happy about his promotion. Just like Grissom in the first episode after the Pilot.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really hope Langston is married. We really have not had a real married CSI on the team...I mean one that has been married for longer than a year on the show. They are all single...sheesh do these people have any life outside of work?

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well he did say at the beginning of the lecture in 19 Down, not to encourage Haskell in any way. Told the young lady to cover up etc. I take the taking the ring off as he wanted to keep everything he could personal from the man he was visiting. At that point, his accomplice was still on the loose and again, he didn't want to encourage him in any way.

As for his 'supposed' wife...well, it's obviously still to early in his appearance to know what the deal is with him having a wife. She could be dead, divorced, or happily waiting at home for him...I'm sure will soon find out the story on it.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

But it was kind of cool to see that moment because now we have a bit more of a mystery to speculate on with our new man.

And it would be cool if he was married, or maybe he's not and he hasn't been able to take off his ring. I know a woman who has been widowed for eight years and has not yet taken off her rings. So maybe he was married but what happened to him that led him into teaching ruined his marriage.

No!!!:eek: Anything! Anything but that!!!:eek::lol:

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I like the prospect of a CSI that's married. I just hope they do it right and don't make it a bad plot device like they did with Warrick's marriage to Tina. It really is a balancing act having a personal life and doing such an intense job as Crime Scene Investigator. I'd like to see that explored more.

Overall I liked the way they played him in the episode. I also like the fact that it was the forensic science that solved the case, not profiling, psychology or anything like that. It shows the show keeping to it's strengths. Not to diss profiling or psychology, I just think that the strength of the show is the forensics.

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Yes, it does matter to me. Greg usually gets short-shrifted on good scenes, and since it was Grissom who enabled him to leave the lab and become a CSI, I wanted to see some kind of acknowledgement from Grissom that Greg was doing a superb job. So yes, it did matter to me. I don't own a stopwatch, but it doesn't take a clock watcher to see that some of Grissom's farewell scenes could have been lengthened to satisfy the CSI fans.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Poor Hank. Grissom just leaves Hank to go hunt for his "girl" that ditched him a few eps earlier. Good luck surviving in the jungle Gil, and I mean that in more than one way.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Somewhat related to the Langston marriage question -- wasn't he a 'guest lecturer' at UNLV, or something of that nature? I took his position to mean that he probably is always traveling and going on book talks.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Some other great memories from this ep. Grissom remembering Warrick very cool that they showed that, he always loved him, and visa-versa~

Dr. Langston visiting the creep-show serial killer in prison, and him playing games until he yelled "take him away" and put his hands against the wall. he's very good and beliveable and a consumate actor, so far so good~

Brass, comforting the torture vctim how sweet and gentle~

And on the sources of this ep. that were posted, it came out that they were all accurate and correct:thumbsup:

CSI MAGAZINE "Sara will play a key factor in Grissom leaving Las Vegas"

MELINDA CLARKE "There's a true deep love and passion between Sara and Gil, and I think that's what's ultimately motivating him

AUSIELLO "Make sure you watch the last scene"

And from BILLY PETERSEN "In my final arc, "SARA IS INVOLVED"

So I'm posting this because of all the scoffs and sniping remarks that insisted that "these *spoiler* remarks were indeed off the mark, [and these are not my comments] some are at times, but these were right on the money, in this episode:)And another right on, is that Jorja was only going to be in 3 episodes, in the end it was 5, she said "I'll be in and out" and she wasn't listed in the credits, but there she was, in the last scene!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You're right. I ended up eating my words. ;)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know, I certainly would like to say something snarky to this, but I won't. However, there is something to be said about being respectful and graceful if you feel you are on the winning side. I, for one, never could figure out what the big battle was all about. But comments like these confirmed one of the many reasons the Sara-Grissom story arc was one I didn't care for. I don't like to be told why I'm wrong just because I'm simply not interested in it.

I certainly always felt the story arc of Gil Grissom would go in the direction that it did not because I wanted it to, but because I didn't see it going any other way given the set up of the storyline. It was meant to end the way it did. I was not surprised when he ended going to her.

It was not my favourite storyline as I really didn't care for it, some did, some didn't and that's how it is, nobody is going to like the same thing.

But I will say this it's comments like these which make me quite glad the arc has been realized as now we can move onward and upward.

RANT OVER

Back on topic