"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Grillows1st

Grillows1st Hit and Run

Catherine is taking care of him ;)

2. Grillows1st

Grillows1st Hit and Run

Well if you go back and look at his facial expression when he sees her, it wasn't a look where he was expecting her to be there. It might not have even been serious. Just because he kissed her, doesn't mean anything. :evil::bolian:

3. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

OK I can't tell if that is snarkiness or what? Grissom and Sara ended up together. He went to Costa Rica to look for her. On CBS.com it says "Grissom ends up with Sara." Carol and Naren have said this is the ending they worked out with WP and JF. Together off into the sunset. Check out this article

Grissom and Sara are canon as a couple and riding off into the sunset. Now we'll have to wait around and see what kind of romantic interest (if any) they pick for Catherine. She has such a great history of men. I'm really hoping that they bring in boyfriend for her. I'd like to see her have a personal life too.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just a friendly reminder to all the new folks you have 24 hrs to edit your post and add what you need, we try to discourage back to back (ie one after another) posting. ;)

5. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I just saw it. I wanted to post while I'm still feeling raw but this was a powerful episode and my heart hurts.

Change, especially after such a long time, is always painful. I loved that the case was intense and fast moving, interspersed with the small personal moments Grissom had with each of the team.

I thought Nick's goodbye wouldn't be enough, but there was genuine emotion in that scene which said much more than words ever could. The last, fond look that Grissom gave Nick as he watched him in the lab as he was leaving...that was beautiful.

I was disappointed that we didn't hear what Grissom would have said to Greg, but I got the feeling that Gil is proud of Greg and I'm glad also that Greg got the chance to tell him how much his belief meant to him.

I personally like the ending. I like that Grissom, who has been 'married' to the job at the expense of his personal life for such a long long time has been courageous enough to go after the things that will make him happy. Regardless of what or who that is, I'm happy for him.

I'm sad for me though. Weeping like a child with a lump in my throat and a hole in my heart for the pain of separation.

All in all, I thought the episode was bittersweet. It captured the personal private moments without taking away from the case and it felt incredibly real. And personally, I find that episodes I connect with emotionally are the ones I remember.

The cast really proved themselves as an ensemble in this one, and if I could ever congratulate them on their abilities, their chemistry and talent, well now would be the time.

I need a tissue.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This is very well put, and it makes me feel differently than I have been feeling about the scene. You're right. I feel better. :)

I noticed that a piece of the promo...the voice over of Nick yelling, "Police! Stop!" during the chase scene...was missing. I wondered, when they kept showing Brass in his car, if Nick was with him. But they never really showed the other side of the car, and then Nick wasn't there, so I wonder why they cut that out or if it wasn't really from this episode? *insert confused smiley that ISN'T making a sad face* :lol:

7. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

Yeah, Ecklie's promotion is pretty meaningless, plotwise at least. The crime lab is now reporting directly to the Sheriff's department, so Ecklie will still be functioning as the recurring boss on the show.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol:Yeah is just happend to stumble on Sara by mistake in a hugh rain forest, absurd, They've been in touch throughout UH, their engaged! he told Brass, he'd spoke with her, he knew exactly where she was and he had is GPS to guide him to her camping area. And Billy Petersen always wanted it exactly the way it was, from the onset, he's got alot of clout, I won't post it again cause' someone will say something snarky, but he's always said Sara was involved in his 'final arc' and David Rambo [via private e-mail] yes he really responds to fans..said there's more GSR fans then not, and they kept it going for the majority who wanted it to end this way! Wish them both happiness in their new journey together, and when he comes back hopefully she'll be at his side..married!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  9. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

:)
    Are you serious? :lol: Oh boy.......
    So it`s true: "Denial ain`t just a river in egypt!"

That`s the reason a lot of GSR shippers left this board or stopped posting. *shakes head*
    I´m glad Gil got his happy ending and we don`t have to worry anymore.
    Loved his goodbye with the team.
    There was only one way to complete his journey and they did it:
    I thought the scene was perfect and Billy looked so hot in his shirt.:drool:
    Thank you CM and NS.

10. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

Wasn't Sara sending Grissom messages from wherever she was via downloaded video mail? There was an episode where she was talking to him from onboard a ship -I think- and telling him all about her new adventures as well as her fears and doubts concerning Grissom and the future they may or may not have together. As for Hank being in a kennel, depending on the country you usually have to quarentine any pet anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month to prove the animal is healthy and not bringing in any communicable diseases.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Awww..now I know how he found her and here I was thinking he secretly implanted a microchip in her so he could follow her whereever she goes.:devil:

I'm glad Grissom went after what he want.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

JW, when/where did David Rambo say that?

It seems like people are spending a lot of time (or rather words) debating ships, which just seems to make everyone testy. Overall, though, the 'ship' moments still accounted for less than five minutes, depending on how you define 'ship' or what your ship is.

One of the things I liked about the GSR ending was the idea of it coming full-circle, as someone pointed out, with Grissom dropping everything to join Sara after she did that in S1. I'm curious to hear if anyone noticed other parallels between this episode and the pilot (or earlier episodes) that were less ship-related.

It's interesting to see that Grissom went from yelling at the dead people for scaring Holly and generally focusing on dead people in the pilot to interacting primarily with live people. In most ways, I really didn't like the torture scenes, but I can appreciate that the emphasis on a live person was important.

What did people think of the case? The forensics? I thought it very interesting (as many people have already pointed out) that forensics trumped interrogation/people skills in the end. The emphasis on evidence and science was what, to me, made Grissom Grissom and, in the process, what made the show what it was and still is. Because of that, I would have expected some of the most impressive forensics from this episodes, since it is, as Nick pointed out, Griss's last big game. It definitely felt, to me, like there was a lot less science involved in this episode. Do you guys think that, in the process of becoming more invested in the living and of GG's character development in general, the episodes (or Grissom, or this episode in particular) have come to rely more on the living and less on science and/or death than they used to?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

The reason alot of GSR people left is because this ship is ALWAYS being discuss(if you even want to call it that) and because it's being brought up everywhere. At the end of the post you can see the jest in it. No reason to get so testy.

Anyways, as much as I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, it happened. It's over. The two of them had their "Happy Ever After":p, Yay...

I just hope that if and when Billy comes back that he doesn't bring Sara back hand in hand.

As far as whether Gil knew she was there, I'd say yes. The stupid little blue dot was blinking on the stupid HomeAgain GPS thingy. So yeah he knew.

I just hope they got their vaccines before they went. No need bringing some crap back with them :rolleyes:.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Aww how I love to repeat myself.

Hey you know what I just got the biggest newsflash, I don't know if your aware of this but... *looks around and in a whispered voice* did you know that there were more characters in this ep other then Grissom and Sara? :eek: BUT THATS NOT ALL, they were also saying goodbye to Grissom as well and in many ways, not to mention there was the new guy, and oh the serial killer, and so on. So how about we discuss some of that too, I truely believe that there can be a balance in this minus snarky un-necessary comments.

*Clears throat* So I am guessing my point has gotten across? Good to know (if you just mumbled or nodded yes). ;)

BTW: Untacking this feel free to continue the discussion.