"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, January 15, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Interrupted: 9:15 PM - 10:15 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#910) "One To Go"

The CSI team is shocked and saddened when, after working with Dr. Raymond Langston (Fishburne) on the "Dick & Jane" murders, Grissom announces that his time as a CSI has come to an end and offers Langston a permanent position on the CSI team. - This episode will be William Petersen's final appearance as a series regular.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
    Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
    Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
    Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
    Nathan Haskell: Bill Irwin
    Thomas: Jimmi Simpson
    Maureen Martin: Katheryn Winnick
    Office Metcalf: Joe Kelly
    Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
    Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
    Sheriff: Mark Rolston
    Joel Steiner: Josh Jacobson
    Tiffany Cohen: Mimi Michaels
    Steven Dougherty: Stephen Snedden
    Hallie Doniphon: Wynn Everett
    Dan Forester: Matt O'Leary
    Gerald Tolliver: Brad Carter

WRITTEN BY: Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn, series co-executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

Thanks To:
    The futon Critic
    CSIFiles: Petersen: He's Out There
    CSIFiles: Helgenberger: The King Has Left The Building
    CSIFiles: Bush Speech Delays 'CSI'

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Okay, I'm over at CBS.com and I'm watching the William Petersen looks back clip and there is Nick's moment with Grissom, he reaches up and takes something off the table,desk, and smiles, I have to wonder if Grissom tells Nick that he is the new assistant supervisor and gives him the key to his office,maybe Catherine doesn't want to change offices,but he does pick something up t hat Grissom is offering him....excited!!!! Regardless, I am looking forward to this scene!;)

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It will be interesting and poignant at the same time to see is farewell to his team mates, and what he'll say to all of them! and why do some fans think he's leaving, to just go off in oblivion and live alone with his dog? or is he sick and tired and burnt out, and wants to find, and have a personal life and some peace and happiness, I pick that one;)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know whether he'll go with Sara or not, but as far as everything else, I personally think he'll go back to teaching.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  5. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Um..how are the 'shocked'? He's already told them he's leaving!!

Looking forward to the episode though, and the last of Grissom's goodbyes to the team! Also eagerly hoping they will reveal his reasons for leaving...will he go after Sara or won't he?!

6. Desertwind

This was posted in the *spoiler* thread but is appropriate for this thread beings "One To Go" ~

In the CSI MAGAZINE issue# 8 it says in part~

"Following the intro. of Dr. Raymond Langston in "19 Down" sees the much mourned departure of Gil Grissom, though the exact way in which he leaves had not been revealed as we went to press, but it seems the "One To Go" episode will also feature the final return of Sara Sidle"

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Oh, Really? Did you notice that she's not in the credits listed on the Official Press Release? She's gone, not coming back, and he won't be with her. DEAL WITH IT!

Note that CSI Magazine has been wrong in the past, and it also says "SEEMS."

/Thank you, Goodnight.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I read (and I'm sorry I can't remember where) that there was a scene with Grissom hugging everyone good bye, but he didn't want it like that.

Notice how in the promo, they play that line "When I leave, there won't be cake.." (paraphrased), so it will be interesting what happens in the show.

9. Desertwind

Deal with it, LOL:lol: you deal with it.. Jorja also wasn't listed in "Dead Doll" and was she in it? HMMM I think so, under the car drowning and Ausiello said "she didn't make it" so we'll see won't we? I hardly think a publication of this magnitude would fabricate something so important..and why fans want to keep dicing and making snippy remarks about this is beyond me, could you all post in a civil respectable manner? If I despised something so adamately, I wouldnt bother to comment:rolleyes:.. and why is it running over 10 minutes, is Grissom going to go out in the ally and mumble to himself? and walk off into the night. And that comment he made like years ago, on the "no party for me, I'll just be gone" he's changed and maybe is a softer kinder man, and will wants some resolution with all his team mates, who also wish him to be happy as well!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Jorja was still in the main credits in "Dead Doll". Do you mean the episode where Grissom visited Natalie at the mental institution? I don't know if you could count that as her "returning" since it was only flashbacks. She could very well appear in flashbacks in this new episode though. Considering that in the promo he's looking at that card with Warrick's DOB and DOD on it, I'm thinking there's gonna be Warrick flashback and possibly Sara flashbacks too.

You know, I've been thinking that why Ausiello said the ending was a can't miss may be because they'll pick up where they left us hanging on the whole "will she or won't she" with Natalie. Meaning will Natalie kill herself or not. I think that would be interesting if they had Griss' last scene being him going to visit Natalie again and finding her dead. They almost have to pick up on the fact that he found her new doll of herself hanging. It had to be forshadowing for something, right? I'm just saying....

If they do have a GSR ending, I hope they do it in a good way and don't make it cheesy like the whole Doug/Carol ending on ER. :lol: That ER ending was worthy of a cheesy romantic comedy movie or something (not that I don't enjoy a little cheese sometimes, but I'm lactose intolerant, so not too much :lol: ). I don't want that kind of scene on CSI. So, even though I'm not a GSR fan, I won't really be that bothered by a GSR ending IF they do it in a way that is not cheesy. :)

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Two words: fact check! ;) Just a thought...

And Ausiello isn't always right either, he's pretty accurate, but not 100%.

Are you kidding me? They leave out info all the time to throw people off.

Yes, he's changed. Trust us we know. The old Grissom would be the way he is now, that's for sure. But if they weren't going to hold true to that, would they continue yo use it in every promo? I don't believe so. They're using it, because it is a realistic way for Grissom to go. No big deal, he'd just be up and gone. Hugging and saying good-bye to someone is much different than throwing a going away party for them, and based on the promo's, it looks as if the former is the way they're going.

Look, the deal is, most of us (non-GSR peeps) don't have a (big) problem with GSR. It's that this is Billy's final scene as a CSI regular, Exec status not included. We want it to be about him. Not a sub-story of him, not about him in his lover or lack there of. Just about him. WP, and Grissom for that matter, deserves at least that IMHO.:)

As someone posted in the Spoiler thread, Sara has exited, technically two times. Grissom; never.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Did someone say this show was going over by ten minutes?

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Gosh, I forgot how much everyone here likes to argue!! Anyway, count me among those that always thought Gil would go back to teaching. I think there was an episode in season 7 that had four different stories (none of which felt fleshed out particularly well) that featured Gil with a group of students looking at the bodies in the morgue. Perhaps I'm missing seasons, but that always felt like a precursor to the end for me.

It will be fun to see how everything wraps up with that serial killer case, and I'm eager to see all the goodbyes. When I told my husband what Grissom said to Nick in that EW article, he started tearing up! LOL! So, I'm sure we'll need tissues around the house when Gil takes his final bow.

Though we don't know if there will be mention of Sara in this episode, I am optimistic, and patiently waiting. Nothing can hurt me as much ship-wise as 7 of 9 and Chakotay hooking up in the last EPISODE of Star Trek: Voyager. LOL.

I've seen some bits in the promos that made me smile. It seems Gil gets time with Hodges, Nicky, Greggo, Cath, Doc Robbins and Brass, which makes me smile. I also loved the moment in the promos where he holds the pamphlet from Warrick's funeral. Gil probably never imagined himself outliving his favorite student with whom he once shared a rollercoaster ride in Vegas.

It's been a great ride, and I will be sad to say goodbye to the character of Gil Grissom. It's been a pleasure to watch Mr. Petersen on the screen all these years! :)

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well in come the snarky inapproperiate comments, out goes the respectfully disagreeing, in comes the arguing, out goes the rules. What is needed right now is for everyone on both sides of the isle to Chill out!

Will she, won't she, who knows, some want Grissom to exit the show on his own with a storyline that will be remembered for the way he was known. Some want Grissom to exit the show riding off into the sunset with his beloved Sara at his side.

Some spoilers will be true, some spoilers will be misleading and some will have info withheld so that fans will debate it out and get the juices if you will flowing, either way the ONLY way we are going to know what REALLY is going to happen is *now say it with me* when it airs on tv. Until then everything is assumptions, and speculation which is what makes us all fans. Now lets move on and please, please, please don't make me take your keyboards away, just remember to breath! ;)

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I thought for sure that was going to be followed by, "lock the thread?" :lol:

I've learned to keep pretty low expectations, therefore I'm not disappointed. :) There's no way that in a one hour time period they're going to give every viewer what they're hoping for.

The promos look promising, although there are bits of part one in there as well, so who knows how the overall picture will be. And remember, they have to solve a case and bring in Ray in addition to saying goodbye to Grissom. That's a lot to pack in!