"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

By the way, nobody mentioned (least I didn't see it) the line where Grissom says, "I've been thinking.." then he adds.."more than usual!" That cracked me up:lol: I thought that was one of the funniest lines from him I've heard in a long time. Still has his sense of humour!

I hope he takes Hank with him!

2. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

You know I missed that line, and I rewatched the episode twice. But just reading it is cracking me up.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I mentioned it in my review. :) That line cracked me up. It was just funny cause Grissom always seems to be be in thinking mode. But it was also the way the line was said... so nonchalantly. It was great. I'm kind of gonna miss his one liners. His are so much funnier than Horatio's cause of the way he says them. Some other great ones were when someone said "we've come a long way" and Griss goes "baby" finishing out the lyric. :lol: and the one in "the theory of everything" where he said "ah, the luck of the irish". :lol: Grissom's lines have always been great. I hope they divide them out amongst the cast members after Griss leaves.

4. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

I think 19 down refer both to the crossword puzzle and the Dick and Jane cases. Grissom threw away the puzzle because; he could not solve 19 down, too many mistakes in the others. Ian and Justin was the 9th couple to be killed. Ian had 9 post-mortem stab wounds on him. That makes 18 people killed.

At the end of the episode, they found a male victim with 10 stab wounds and no female victim was found – that makes 19 down. Most probably there was only one body because the Killer did not have an accomplice to help him as he was acting on his own.

P.S - what is Ship news? For i have more to analysis to write. So where can i post it. Sorry i am new still trying to figure out what is Shipping News and so on

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Ship (aka Relationship - Gil/Sara, Gil/Cath, Nick/Sara, Cath/Warrick, etc) discussions can be done in the Shipper Central part of this forum.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Edited because kaylyne beat me to it. :lol:

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

ditto. my all time favorite is probably from Way To Go. 'What a waste' cracked me up.

i'm still not sure whether i'll continue to watch CSI after he leaves. i might watch until episode 200 and then i'm afraid i'll lose interest. i don't really fancy other crime dramas too much, and i feel like one of the big reasons i like CSI is the cast. now when it gets Baywatched i might stick to Forensic Files. if it proves to be still good though, forensically speaking, i might watch but not so religiously.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  8. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Im glad someone brought that up. I was trying to figure out what the title was refering to. Normally i'm good at figuring them out, but not this time.

As far as the comment about Grissom and his one-liners. I am definitely going to miss them. Mostly they were so corny, but so corny they were funny. I liked "Two and a Half Deaths," it was full of them. :lol:

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Good point. I'm really curious about what will happen with the one-liners. They really do a lot to set the tone of the show. The difference between Grissom and Horatio's oneliners speaks volumes for the difference between the shows. I can't imagine Langston (or rather LF) pulling his off like Caruso, which, to me, is definitely a good thing.

Also, maybe someone addressed this earlier, but why didn't Grissom go undercover as an entymology professor? I really feel like a Grissom of earlier seasons would have done that. I kind of wonder if the fact that he says his profession is sociology is supposed to reveal something about the character's development. In S1, it felt like his identity was tied in a lot to his knowledge of bugs and similar things. Since then, he's become more of an expert on people. From a pragmatic standpoint, it certainly would have seemed easier for him to be an undercover entymologist, in case anyone got suspicious. If someone doubted his profession, he could use his wealth of insect-related knowledge to prove that he was who he said he was. I thought he did have a PhD in biology (probably with a concentration in entymology).

What do you guys think?

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

With the one-liners, over the years, I've noticed other characters have given them. Nick's done a couple and so has Catherine. Paul Guilfoyle would be classic at them.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, Greg's gotten a couple too. :) One of his best was the ep where he wanted to get a sample of that guy's urine to test for the chemicals from the neighbors house and he tells the guy if it tests positive then "you're in (urine) big trouble". :lol:

12. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

k

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  13. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

k

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As I mentioned in another post on this thread page back...
    Also please remember you have 24 hrs to edit your posts and that back to back posting is really discouraged. ;)

15. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

A rational explanation for not going as bugman is that Grissom is a bugman. Sure, he's not a professor of entomology, but maybe it would be too close to revealing personal information. So maybe that's why he picked a subject outside his actual area of expertise.