The Student Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Oct 20, 2008.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's finals week...and we have a snow day. :eek: I hope this doesn't mess up my morning exam for Thursday. Though if the math exam is shorter, I won't complain! :lol: Other then that I have a 7 page paper and a 5 page paper both due my noon on Friday, not so bad. I do plan to use my day off semi wisely.

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I have finals this week too.
    I've taken three of them already, but there's still one more on Thursday. Math final, not looking forward to that. But I get the day off tomorrow so maybe I'll go through the book and do practice problems or something.
    I'm just really looking forward to this 9 week break we have! ;)

Took my history final today. Not fun either, lots of stuff to remember.
    My professor said that I was right on the A/B edge so he let me write a paper about the "American Creed" for some extra points. Hopefully that'll get me an A because I think that I did pretty decent on the final.

3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

We had snow last we and were off on Thursday and Friday! :eek:

And I had yesterday off for Eid!! :eek:

So I went in school today and was the only one in my class :wtf: Where was everyone GAH!!

I will have exams in January but coursework deadlines are for christmas so I better get my a** into gear!! :lol:

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Snow day, damn I want a snow day :D although i don't think work would be too impressed. Only 9 months till i go back to uni, 8 months left of full time work (for a year anyway!!)

I really need to get myself in gear too, or I'll be getting so far behind with work for uni!!

5. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I got promised a snow day the day I was supposed to be assessed. Naturally for the first time in weeks, the temperature climbs, we get rain and boom! I get assessed. And failed. I'm not bitter.

But yay, 'tis the Christmas Hols for me, my first day off from uni & work for months and I'm ill. Like, swollen glands and possible chest infection ill.

'Tis the season :lol:

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

aw, get better soon! when i get home from school on monday the temperature will be like 40 degrees cooler, so im expecting my body to go into shock :lol: hopefully i wont get sick and can enjoy my time off.

got three exams down and two to go! i am soooo ready to be done with studying.

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

On CSIFiles (and on FFnet), I keep seeing you guys talk about 'uni.' Is that the English term? To all the language stuff, I have so much respect for all of you guys who speak more than one language fluently. I never understand how you do it. I've been learning Spanish for years (I live on the east coast (U.S.), so Spanish is basically spoken everywhere anyways), but I always end up frustrated in the end because I know I'll never have the same level of comfort and control as I do with English. Kudos to all y'all multilingual people. Hope everyone enjoys winter break!

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Uni is a shorter version of the very long word - university, lol.

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ yup. And I'm very lazy and don't say university very often ;) very lazy. I haven't got another day off until christmas day now, except weekends. Ergh! Been off ill today :( it's this horrible winter weather.

My brother is getting 3 weeks off this Christmas- gutted. Being in GCSE yr helps fofr some things!

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

One week (very hard week) and a break. But before so many tests... Ehhh

I'm so lazy with this little word uni that I'm even using it when I'm talking with somebody. But of course not everyone get it 'cause in Polish we're not using very often shorter versions of some words.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

12. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

i know what you mean, i was learning German for 8 yrs and hardly could take the intermediate language exam, after 8 years!!:lol: plus it frustrated me that they use so few vowels and so many exceptions! Now i can read in German and more or less understand it in spoken language, but i dont think could say a sentence without a mistake, its too hard.

right now im taking Spanish class, it's very cool, and not so hard, but as im taking economic language (or something like that...) i can tell many things about countries' economies but couldnt make the daily shopping as i dont know how to say it:lol:
    tomorrow i have an oral exam in Spanish, and im afrad of it, have never done that before:rolleyes:

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I have one last exam to write for this term, on friday. As far as exams go, this one shouldn't be too difficult, which is good because I only started studying today :lol:

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

its funny, after two weeks of solid studying now that im home i dont know what to do with myself :lol: i thought this past semester was busy, and it will be the easiest :lol: its gonna be a long 4 years... but fun of course :)

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Haha! I just finished my last exam, and I feel pretty good about how it went :D It's soooo good to be done. But I also know that I'll be glad to go back in January. I've got some interesting classes next term :) The one I'm most looking forward to is Environmental Ethics, which is actually a philosophy course.