Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

You really, really just made my day with those spoilers.:)
    I think the writers are finally starting to understand what the word 'continuation' means. I mean, it took a good 7 seasons.. but better late than never, right?

So, I'm extremely ready for episodes 7.14 and 7.16 now. When exactly do new episodes start? The end of January?

Why am I starting to get the feeling that it's not going to be Calleigh who is going to have any sort of problem in the relationship? According to spoilers she already seems a whole lot more comfortable with Eric and it seems like her walls are coming down almost all the way. But Eric, on the other hand, isn't sharing his problems with her? I don't know, it just seems a bit weird to me.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

While she might feel more comfortable with him, I doubt she tells him everything. Being comfortable with someone and telling someone every little detail about yourself are two totally stories. No doubt Cal will always play things close to her vest even when they do eventually get together. I mean just b/c she is a little upset that he didn't tell her, doesn't mean that if the situation were reversed she would go running to tell him. Far too many times she has said "I'm fine" when she wasn't. I could understand Eric not telling her b/c it was something he needed to figure out for himself before tried to explain it to someone else, who no doubt would ask a lot of questions, and someone tried to kill him. I think that plays a big part in his decision to not say anything. And he knows it would be better to say he was unsure about the situation than to tell her he was trying to protect her and those around him by keeping the secret. If he told her the reason he didn't tell her was b/c he didn't want her to get hurt she would get mad and tell him she doesn't need protecting. It would be his way of telling her what to do and he is not that kind of guy and he knows her too well to do that sort of thing.

I don't think he has any problems with the relationship. To be honest, I don't think I would be able to tell my closest friend or boyfriend what was going before I understood it completely myself. Plus, it is possible he was embarassed by it. I don't think him playing this close to his vest is anything to worry about. Since his shooting everyone has constantly had an 'eye' on him, asking him at every turn if he is ok etc. I'm sure that with this he definately didn't want that again. So he didn't tell anyone. He didn't want to worry her and he didn't want her to get involved given the dangers. It was something he needed to do on his own.

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well, we are talking about how great will be 7.14 and 7.15 episodes and that's o.k., but I'm wondering will we get something although little in monday's ep? I'm just thinking Christmas are coming and it would be nice to get a little E/C moment, we could treat it as a chrismas gift. For me it would be great gift considering how long we have to wait for another episode.:)

4. potato

potato Dead on Arrival

Thanks delkolover for the spoilers. :)
    Those spoilers are really getting my hopes up!! Calleigh is the one to pick up Eric. Sweet! :adore: :lol: It really is looking like Eric's family drama will have a big effect on E/C. It would be so great to see Calleigh show her concern for Eric again as she did when he got shot. Only maybe this time Calleigh will be showing more than just friendly concern for him. :D

As for the long wait, being a big fan of Lost, I'm glad to have learned the art of waiting for a loong while for new episodes to come so I think it will help me cope. :lol:

Audrey - I'm so glad to know that your fanfic is not yet finished. Please do tell us somehow when you have posted a new chapter. Thanks. :D

5. delkolover

Unfortunately, I don't remember seeing anything concering E/C but that doesn't mean anything.

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I always hope till the last moment, so I'll hope for this one too. The hope is always the last one to die... This is the last episode of the year, right? I agree with Monica this should be a Christmas/New Year present for us... (New Year present for me, because where I live Christmas is on 7th of January).

7. delkolover

Yes, this is the last new episode before the New Year, we won't get new episodes until January 12th!

So after tomorrow night we have 3 weeks of repeats.

12/22- "Guerillas in the Mist"
    12/29- "To Kill A Predator
    01/05- "Tunnel Vision"

We get "Identity Crisis" ep 712, on 01/12. I am going to go with, since Corey told me 714 airs on 2/2, that 713 "And They're Offed" will air on 1/19 and then we will have repeats again until February. But I could be wrong...Corey said that "as of right now" 714 was scheduled for 2/2....everyting, as always, could change.

And let's not forget that in February all TV becomes Digital TV...and according to Corey, that is going to push Feb sweeps to March! So 714 could be the only ep we see in February b/c it will air before the switchover. He told me that 715 and 716 will air in March (what they are calling sweeps this year).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'm glad you're agree with me that it should be our present, i think we deserve it for being so patient. And you're absolutely right, I thought exacly the same thing that hope always dies last. Anyway even if we won't get anything tommorow, there are still these looking incredibly well episodes next year. Although it's long time I'm telling myself that when you're waiting for something good time flies faster. But that's just me.:)

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I can't wait for the new episodes to air, but let's all remember that we should definitely be thankful for what we have gotten so far. From all indications it looks like our couple is going to take the next step. It's not if now it's when, so we have made SO much progress.

These baby steps we've been forced to endure have necessary and have taken us ever so slowly to the ledge we now stand on. The only question is now is WHEN will Eric and Calleigh take the step that takes them over the ledge to coupledom...:luvlove:

10. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Thanks for the great spoilers re: 7.16, aw, that’s sweet! Can’t wait for those new eps….

You know that reminds how they are always there for each other, even before the writers decided to openly move towards a possible E/C relationship when Eric got shot. I caught most of 10-7 on A&E yesterday and I just love how they had Eric there for her, offer support after she had a gun held to her head and after Hagen’s suicide (I wish they did show them going for coffee and talking). They’re best friends and naturally they had him trying to console her but thank God TPTB didn’t change their minds and have Horatio in those scenes instead. Even in eps pre-S5, it’s just fitting that when one is in trouble or distressed, the other is there by their side. In the history of E/C before they became E/C to the audience (not sure if that makes sense, well it does in my head), the “I’m here for you” moments pre-S5 that come to mind that I love are (in addition to 10-7)

1. Death Grip: how can you not love her seeking him out to see if he’s alright dealing with the missing girl? What more can you ask for – sweaty, frustrated Eric and pigtailed, concerned Calleigh?
    2. Can’t remember the name of the episode but the one where Eric gets beat up while helping a lady friend and he’s worried he might have interfered with another case as a result of it, Calleigh teases Eric about being a fighter but quickly backs off when he’s not willing to talk about it. It’s funny that she automatically thinks it’s over a girl.
    3. Pro per: love how all protective he gets over her when the guy tries to intimidate her, wasn’t he like standing right up against her back almost?
    4. Hip hugging scene: I know neither one of them were in a predicament, just frustrated. But still, they hip hugged!
    I’m sure I’ve missed some other moments from the early seasons but there are two moments they had that I don’t like, well, more like I don’t like how the writers wrote the scene/dialogue, which make me cringe. First is the one where he’s been toothing and he talks about it with her, losing his badge and all. I can see of all people, he will be able only be comfortable in confiding in her about this personal matter affecting his professional career because he trusts she won’t tell anyone. But I don’t like slutty Eric! Second is when he finds out his sister dies and I’m glad she was there but for God’s sake TPTB, why have Calleigh just stand there like a tree? The real Calleigh, or anyone with a heart, would have immediately hugged him or at least put her hand on his shoulder/arm to comfort him. They screwed that one up badly…..

11. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Agreed on that one. I've always considered that one of the WORST scenes in their history together. Partially, I'm sure it was the writing and directing, but I also think it is really one of the only moments in the series where I think Emily really missed the mark acting-wise. It was just so... flat. One of your best friends just found out his sister died -- emote!! Could have been a fabulous moment between them, and it really just irks me whenever I watch it.

12. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^ That scene was one of the reasons I was so afraid Calleigh was the mole way back when, lol. It was just weird. That scene has never sat well with me; there is nothing about it that feels right at all, you know? "I am so sorry," - I'm not sure that line could've been any more emotionless. Especially given how close Eric and Calleigh had always been; now, I could've more easily seen her reacting that way if it were Ryan's sister who had died, simply because Ryan and Calleigh don't have nearly as many years of history as Eric and Calleigh do. I mean, Eric and Calleigh argue, and then she uninhibitedly places her hands on his hips, but she can't offer genuine sympathy to that same person at a place in his life when he needed somebody? As an EC scene, it was just...wrong. :( I still say there are parallels with Calleigh being with Eric or Eric being with Calleigh when something happens to rock one of them to the core, but still. That wasn't our Calleigh.

It's that same reason that I'm still bugged about Calleigh not knowing who Marisol was, if she and Eric really were that close, and if Eric and Marisol were as close as they were made out to be. I would've even expected Calleigh and Marisol to have been good friends (possibly to Eric's slight chagrin - his sister being best friends with the woman he secretly loves? :lol:), considering how much time they each spend/spent with Eric. But then again, I try not to be too upset about that because that did give us Jealous Calleigh, so...guess we can't have everything... :lol:

13. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

"Agreed on that one. I've always considered that one of the WORST scenes in their history together. Partially, I'm sure it was the writing and directing, but I also think it is really one of the only moments in the series where I think Emily really missed the mark acting-wise. It was just so... flat. One of your best friends just found out his sister died -- emote!! Could have been a fabulous moment between them, and it really just irks me whenever I watch it."

Yes, it is very odd for her to react that way, it's like aliens abducted her and replaced her with zombie Calleigh. Let's say even if Emily was off there, then I think the director should have said "Cut....Emily, can you kindly please emote?" Like the coach of sports team, the director is ultimately responsible for how well-oiled the team is and whether they reach the playoffs (sorry, just watched a hockey game on tv!). Ok, back on topic...Well, the TPTB can have off days I suppose regarding E/C, but hopefully not too many!

"It's that same reason that I'm still bugged about Calleigh not knowing who Marisol was, if she and Eric really were that close, and if Eric and Marisol were as close as they were made out to be. I would've even expected Calleigh and Marisol to have been good friends (possibly to Eric's slight chagrin - his sister being best friends with the woman he secretly loves? :lol:), considering how much time they each spend/spent with Eric. But then again, I try not to be too upset about that because that did give us Jealous Calleigh, so...guess we can't have everything... :lol:"

I agree with you on that! But I'm thinking, maybe because Eric was sleeping with half of Miami at that time, he didn't want Marisol to be friends with Calleigh and you know how we girls like to chat and Marisol would probably have blabbed to Calleigh about all the girls Eric goes out with night in and night out. And the thought of the possibility of little Erics running around the city without him knowing would make any gal think twice about starting a serious relationship with him then :lol: I think it's high time for jealous Calleigh to make an appearance again. While I also enjoy watching jealous Eric, it's her turn to display the side of her that says "No one messes with my man!" Cat fight ensues!

Off topic....Can someone tell me how to quote, I did click on quote & copied and paste but it didn't work....I suck at this :(

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

For example, I quoted you like this:

[ quote = Hounds of Love ]Off topic....Can someone tell me how to quote, I did click on quote & copied and paste but it didn't work....I suck at this :([ / quote ]

Now, just leave the spaces out and you're done... I hope I helped...

Now, back on topic... I have no idea what happened to writers, Emily and Adam in season four, but I just want to forget everything about and hope it never happens again.

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You're right guys, I really didn't like the fourth season either. It was so weird. They were so different and a little bit distance. I'm glad writers fixed it in season 5 and six. Not mention about season seven, which seems to be the best of all. At least I hope so.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.