CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

I was thinking the samething..the voice over was really weird the whole promo seemed cheesy...I was like oooookay! You would never thought the episode coming up has anything to do with Hawks and his ex-girlfriend. Usually I like the previews but this one had me going...wtf?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The next episode isn't the one with Sheldon's ex-girlfriend, that's 5.12. 5.11 is the one with the 'flavor tripping party'. It's also the one where Stella hides something from Mac and the Greek guy is back.

3. CCA

CCA Police Officer

well that explains that reason :guffaw:....still doesn't explain the complete capiness of it

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Looks to me like Mac is shopping and the girl following him is the one that is connected to the bloody knife. She looks a bit shell shocked and kinda looks like she is looking for someone to tell/help . Possibly she has stabbed someone and tells Mac what’s happened, because it looks like Mac is the one to enter the apartment and find the scene. So I think the promo is trying to mislead slightly.:) Thats just my take on things..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  5. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I can't help thinking that maybe she has some daddy issues.. :rolleyes: Her father (to who she was fallen in love with in the internet) is dead and now 'cause Mac told her that he understands her (or was it that he doesn't think incest (or at least the love-thing) is bad) she's stalking him? I mean, wasn't that falling-in-love-with-your-dad-thing just sharing thoughts and comforting each other through the internet at first? And now she doesn't have anyone to talk to.

If they're trying to make this girl as Mac's new love interest? Sounds a bit far fetched I must admit (and we have Gillian, though. When is the next time we see her?). But still. At least it could be possible that she gets a crush on Mac (if I'm taking the thought from my prev paragraph to a next level) :borg:

6. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

^ i think she's stalking him. haha imo. but as always promos can be misleading soo i won't try to analyze it anymore. haha.

as for the promo.. here.. http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00020517.html
    it has some details about the ep, and it mentions that the return date next year is january 14. so yeah. :)

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Am I miss reading the spoiler in the just the fact thread, or does it imply that Danny and Lindsay are getting married in 5.17?

Someone, anyone, please tell me I've misunderstood that!!

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, looks like it. You know, for the whole marriage thing I was so hoping Lindsay would break out of the Mary Sue mold and do something to initiate it--either propose to Danny or be the one to bring them to City Hall. He already asked her to marry him; it would have been kind of cute and sweet if she'd reciprocated and done something active for once and been the one to initiate the marriage stuff. I actually would have liked that! Silly me to think it might happen--passive Mary Sues don't propose; they endure, until a man comes along to save them. ;)

ETA: Flack's not at the wedding???? :mad: That's all kinds of wrong.

Unless he doesn't approve. Couldn't blame him for that. ;)

ETA2: From the 'Just the Facts' thread:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

So let me get this right:

upto 5.08 there are no signs of a D/L relationship, they barely acknowledge each other presence

5.09 we are told they are in a relationship, but things haven't been good and there is an unplanned pregancy

5.10 Danny proposes out of a sense of duty/tradition. Lindsay knows this is the reason he is proposing so rightly says no.

5.17 They get married.

WTF? these are the actions of intelligent mature people are they? or as some people seem think, these actions show us that they are intelligent mature people.

Ridiculous, just ridiculous IMO.

10. Dannyfan2707

Dannyfan2707 Dead on Arrival

Assuming my interpretation of the spoilers are correct, does anyone else think Mac and Stella being witnesses at Dannys 'surprise' wedding to Lindsay seems kinda out of character?
    I get that they are friends as well as work colleagues, but given all the drama that has occurred with DL, it just doesnt seem realistic that Mac and Stella (or anybody else for that matter) would actually believe the DL wedding is a good idea...It just seems odd!! :confused: :lol:

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Indeed, it would appear that Danny and Lindsay will be married, and yes, Mac and Stella will be witnessing it. All fascinating stuff of course, but personally I like that Adam will be a bit of a hero in this episode, and the spoilers imply that he will be injured (hopefully nothing too bad though). :)

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

ughhhhhhhh:scream: i agree with you Elsie. The only interesting thing of that episode will be Adam playing hero.
    It would be a torture to watch Mac and Stella being witnesses of this stupidity so i guess i'll watch this episode in clips as many episodes of this season:angryrazz::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Debbie:censored:

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Fascinating is not the word I'd use to describe this chain of events. "Maddening" would be more appropriate. Lindsay refuses Danny's proposal in 510, thereby displaying her first ever modicum of maturity and common sense, but by 517, she's happily tying the knot at a courthouse with her two supervisors as witnesses? No family from either side present?

Yeah, buddy, this is sure atypical handling of the scenario, Veasey. Lindsay once again becomes a passive doormat whose behavior is unduly influenced by Danny, i.e., a character who cannot function as a character without Danny's presence, and Danny now looks like a creepy control freak who can't take "no" for an answer. Yay, co-dependence.

And BTW, Danno, this has been as romantic as a gift-wrapped chamberpot. First, you propose at the pretzel cart after a series of decidedly odd questions, and now, you're getting hitched at the courthouse. Be still, my beating heart. You should've asked Flack for lessons in romance and gallantry.

Speaking of Flack, his omission from the "wedding party" is likely simple writers' oversight. I can't imagine Flack refusing to support a friend on a happy occasion, no matter his feelings on the matter.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed--nothing could be more cliche or predictable. :rolleyes: I was kind of hoping Lindsay turning down Danny's proposal of marriage would mean that when the time came, she would be the one to initiate the actual marriage itself, and I was actually kind of looking forward to that--like I said, it would break her out of this completely passive Mary Sue mold she's been in for most of her existence on the show. I liked it when she came onto Danny in "Snow Day" because it was a moment when she wasn't this limpid, whiny, passive character. This wedding scenario is just more of the same.

Yeah, it's bizarrely devoid of romance, this whole thing. Or heat. Or passion. But then, none of those things characterize Danny and Lindsay. But if they're going for "cute"...well, this isn't really cute either. It still feels like obligation.

I'm sure it is, but it would be priceless if Flack ran in and objected to the union. :lol:

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Would love to see Flack running at the last minute shouting 'Don't do it Danno! What about us?' :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.