CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Maybe they mean the wide range of things/stories/murders that can happen in NY b/c of the range of people/buildings etc, in the city...? Like having somone murdered in the Statue of Liberty, the thing this week with the Empire State building (I think the story has something to do with the Empire State building...) There is so much you can pull from within the city, b/c of it's ...quailty. I dont know how to say it. I'm just throwing things out there.. I dont know exactl either.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Mama's on a roll.

From here (Warning: there's a video that starts playing automatically on the side of the page - it's a clip from this week's episode of CSI right now.)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  3. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Thanks Faylinn for posting that! Love always hearing new spoilers and guest stars coming onto the show.

Interesting..wonder if she used her stilettos I hear they are a.....killer oookay I'm going to bed now :p before I make any more...murderous... puns :shifty:

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

She did get a verbal SMACK from MAC! Remember when she left the evidence out while fighting with Danny? And the red head saw it and spoke to Mac about it? Although a smack, very gentle!

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Mac saying he was more worried about Lindsay than her leaving evidence unattended during the lab's reacreditation isn't a verbal smackdown from Mac. That's Mac acting completely out of character and letting her off for doing something way worse than what he's actually laid the verbal smackdown on people (Adam and Hawkes come to mind) for in previous episodes.

It'll be interesting to see if this newest stunt casting will be a good or bad thing. Somehow I don't think TPTB wants the reaction of "will this person suck or be at least half way decent" from viewers on their stunt casting, but it's almost always the first thing that comes to my mind. :shifty:

6. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for this short message :)

7. RearWindow

RearWindow Victim

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the "guest" stars? It seems as if they're getting all these big names - Nelly, Rumor Willis, Chris Daughtry, and now Edyta - as a desperation ploy. If it's working in the ratings, great, but I don't care much for it. I'd rather have the show concentrate on the cast.

8. Faylinn

Let's not forget they want to be "hip" - they must think the stunt casting brings all the young'uns to the yard.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  9. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Its definately getting over the top....Nelly's character is a good addition, mostly because he's somewhat reoccuring, but bringing in a big name character for ten minutes in an episode just because they are a big name is getting old. I liked it better when there were fewer guest stars per season, but they had prominent roles in the episode (aka Michael Clarke Duncan in The Closer and Criss Angel (sp?) in season 2 or 3.)

10. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thats as harsh as it gets Whah! And of course she tried to blame Danny at first!

12. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I don't know if I see it as desperation, but I do think it's a little annoying. Perhaps TPTB are trying a new format this season? I don't think we should even try to figure out what they are doing. But, I think it will be nice to see Edyta on the show.

13. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

I hope I can post a link to the TV Guide article w/Danny, Lindsey & Stella on the cover that I posted in my CSI LJ community? I didn't see any "Media news/articles/interviews" type topics stickied anywhere in this forum.

if not I'm sorry, I won't do it again, if yes I can, then here it is CSI: NY TV Guide Article.

CAUTION: the article contains some spoilers and the scans may not be dial up friendly but I've typed out the article if you can't get the scans to load.

14. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I love that Edyta is guest starring- I wonder if Joey Lawerence had anything to do with it... :lol:
    I agree- there are a lot of guest stars this season- but I think that's cool. And good for the show- I dont see how it can hurt it- they've all, so far, IMO, been "used" well. It's kinda cool that you have some pretty big names guest starring this little spin-off show (I say little, b/c let's face it, it's not "the" CSI, with all the hype and nominations, etc...).

15. Faylinn

Danny_Caine, I'm afraid your link didn't work.

Ok, having seen the preview for next week (and having no idea what's going on) - they made it seem like maybe Ella from "Dead Inside"(?) is stalking Mac? I hope that's a misleading promo trick. :wtf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.