Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

MiracleforChristmas & Eeek: I 110% agree with EVERY word ya'll said....It was a veeery hard episode to watch...
    So here I go......

When Cath and Gil were figuring out the sneakers and she looks at him and says "I knew...I knew before you did" I LOST IT!!! He was speaking to her so gently and lovingly...Not "As a matter of fact" as he usually might..I think even Billy himself was sad about leaving and was starting to get the gravity of him leaving, and it was getting to all of them...The PureJoy was very, very obvious and very very strong and it was hard, but beautiful at the same time.

*jumps up and down* YAAAY I DID IT!!!!! THANKS MiracleforChristmas for helping me! You raaawk!

PS, I'm watching Loco Motives right now and my moment of happens when PureJoy arrives on the scene and Cath starts LAUGHING at the guy stuck in the cement, and Gil goes "Catherine, do you need a minute?" and she goes "Yes...I mean, no, Gil, I'm..I'm fine" HA!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hey Miracle4Xmas, Eek and Crim86 I agree with everything you have talked about.

I just watched a few clips from this episode, mainly the one where Grissom says he is leaving and the scene where he and Cath talk about Lindsey and I have to say I teared up. It was so sad, you could hear Cath's voice quiver. Her eyes kind of glistening :( You could tell she was upset, she's losing her friend :(. I really do hope we get a lovely end scene of them together, it would be such a shame not to. But we will, Marg said they hug so I'm sure we do. Got to keep our hopes up m'dears :hugegrin:

Such a short post for now, I've not seen the entire episode. Is there anything else I missed?? Would love to know :D

3. Criminologist86

MissSnowAngel: I agree with you too :) That stinks you haven't seen the entire episode yet..when does it air when you are? Hopefully SOON; I could hardly handle the suspense here!

You basically got the big PureJoy moment. There was the one I mentioned when Cath/Gil are trying to track down who customised the sneakers the body was found in, when they were just taking each other in...You could feel how they were feeling; cherishing the last times they had together. (Although 9x10 is when Billy/Gil actually leaves *cries*)
    There was also the very beginning when Gil announces he's leaving, and Cath inda looks at him like "I never wanted to hear this." but she knew...Just enjoy watching older episodes, like Leaving Las Vegas and you'll be ok ;p That episode is on SPIKE's CSI Marathon right now...heehee.

PUREJOY forever :)

4. MissMurder

Thank you dear. Good to know I saw the GCR moments.

Season 9 in general doesn't air here in the UK until Jan/Feb, so yeah I have to deal with this for another month or two :lol:

Oh well, I read the spoilers anyway because I can't handle the wait :lol: So I basically know what is going on, though it is only clips I have seen of season 9, not full episodes.

Just keeping myself busy with older episodes, starting back from season 1 then of course moving up the seasons in order. :) Having a marathon of all the good ol' PureJoy scenes :hugegrin:

5. Criminologist86

Yup :) Ya got the biggins ;) I can't remember anything else huge that you NEED to know about.
    That totally sucks they don't air till later for you...I would DIE.

PUREJOY forever!

The rest of the episode was involved in the murder case (duh) and then Grissom kind of dealing with people asking him if he is leaving (it came up individually with individual characters, like Hodges, Doc Robbins David, etc) and their immediate reactions to it. That was essentially the rest; along with Dr. Raymond Langston.

PS- you should be able to get on CBS.com and view FULL episodes. You'll have to find the CSI page and stuff, but I'm quite sure you should be able to see FULL Season 9 Episodes.

6. MissMurder

Sounds like an interesting yet heart wrenching episode.

Thank you for the info dearie but CBS video things don't work for me. Tried them before, didn't show the episode and clip I wanted to view :( Sucks really.

Got to find some other site to view them, I'll go hunting soon enough :)

Oh BTW, I had a dream the other night about PureJoy. Grissom was waiting at a bus station (don't ask :confused: :lol:) for a bus to leave Vegas. Though the dream wasn't set for this season, I think it was during season 5 this was set. Anyway, Catherine came up to him and begged him not to leave her all alone. He said nothing, but ripped up his ticket and took her in his arms.

Then I woke up :lol: Strange huh?

7. Criminologist86

HA! I LOVE IT! :) PureJoy dreams are the best ever :) Although I can't picture Grissom taking a bus...though I wouldn't put it past him.

Anyway, Nicky/Gil moment that just happened: "I'll be back in three weeks. Stop hugging me." HA!
    I LOVE the fact that Grissom sees Nicky in the hall and goes "Have you seen Catherine? She said she'd be back before I left." awwwwww :)

Good luck finding the videos...Sorry CBS doesn't work; someone else I know had that problem too :(

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^:lol:That scene with Nick was great. Poor guy, and that was only for three weeks or so. Can you imagine how he's going to react this time around? Everytime I hear him asking about Catherine, my Purejoy heart goes into overdrive. The fact that he just had to see her before he left is just...ahhh *sighs*.

I really hope that his last scene is with her. I know it should be focused on him since it's his last scene, but let's face it, you can't have Gil without Catherine.;)

9. Criminologist86

You're SO very correct :) I think Nicky will take it hard, and repress his grief, along with the already existing from Warrick. Anyway, I'm 99.99% SURE there WILL be a PureJoy moment, probably the most intimate ever (hey, in a TV Guide interview Marg & Billy did, they BOTH were up for a roll in the sack ;p) on One to Go. Don't worry, I know they won't disappoint us.

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Finally! We got a moment... and I couldn't have asked for a better one. Did you see the way Gil was looking at her when she was talking about Lindsey? His face was all soft and sad and his eyes were fixed on her. Come to think of it, he didn't even blink. You could just tell that they were both trying their hardest not to cry and it just about broke my heart. I really hope that there will be a PureJoy goodbye because you can't have one without the other.

11. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

So even I felt myself tearing up and I don't usually cry at things... it was so sad to see them talking to each other about Lindsey and all that because it was like they knew that it would be one of their last talks before he leaves. Seriously, they need to get together in the end, if not in the next episode, then in the final episode of CSI.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I loved the episode last night. TPTB got two episodes where Cath and Gil talked to each other. Not just 'talked' like about the case, etc... but talked like they used to.

First, Cath's face was so incredibly sad. Her face litterally fell when he said he was leaving. The whole scene was heartbreaking but I felt for Cath the most.

Then the give us..."I knew, I knew before you knew." That is SOOO something Cath would say to him too. They know each other so well. He was going to take the time to talk to her in private about it and she already knew. What a great rekindling of PureJoy as it was. :D
    Too bad we have to wait... three... no four weeks to see the contination episode.

And
    I'm hoping for a least a hug. I would squee if there was a small kiss between Catherine and Gil, but a hug would be nice. I would be a fitting end to their working relationship.

13. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I just watched the ep and DAYMN. Seriously, that was a bloody good episode. Even if you took out the GCR bits (which thank God they didn't) it was just a great episode.

Now, for the GCR bits. Wow, they were lovely. When he told the team he was leaving, he just kept looking at Cath, although he was trying not to. I don't think much of that was acting to be fair, Cath looked devistated but was trying to keep it together.
    For me the best scene by far was when she was telling him about Lindsey, it was kinda obvious that they were both thinking the situation was a bit awkward and were kinda trying to avoid talking about it. Glad he was the one to do so though.
    YES! I noticed that, again, I don't think much of it was acting. As cheesy as it sounds, his eyes just kinda lit up, they got that Grissom glint. He was just staring at her. Very sweet and sexy as hell at the same time. Sigh, how can anybody not ship them? It's beyond me lol.

We BETTER get our goodbye scene. Watching the scenes from the latest ep thinks that we will but I also think that he's gonna run off to Sara. Boo!

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree, I thought he looked at her with so much love. He had a sparkle in his eye.:adore:

A hug would be very fitting and it just seems like the right thing to do. Oh man, if we got a kiss I'd probably faint...then again, probably not I'd just be like this...:eek: and I mean that in a good way.:lol: You know, I really don't think a kiss on the cheek would be inappropriate at all....not that a real one would be cause that'd just be plain hot.:devil: Seriously, I would settle for a hug cause either way, it would be good.

15. Criminologist86

GAWD you are SO right....They both put SO much effort in trying so hard to NOT cry (I lost that battle FOR them)... It was so just beautiful the way they interacted...it's like it was summing up their relationship and showing how much they truly love each other, both on and off camera. PureJoy is just a beautiful thing...You said that beautifully....I'm saving it as a quote on my hard drive.
    PUREJOY :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.