Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Erica, I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I don't think Billy is leaving this week. I am pretty sure that this episode is his *second* last episode on CSI. I know we're going to at least get one more after this one. Or at least...that's...what I remember.

Crim86, that dream you had...sounds totally awesome. I really need a dream like that to happen right now. Finals are going to kill me. =(

Miracle4Xmas, your avvie is awesome. I love it! i have so many screencaps from that scene, it's ridiculous. But that look that Marg throws is, I think, the best part of it. =)

About Gil and Eddie, I'm sure they knew each other in some aspect. I'm not quite clear on how they got to know each other but it's obvious that Gil knew that Eddie had been cheating on Catherine. I wish the writers would have told us more about that earlier in the season, but I think they dropped it when they finished "speculating" about Catherine and Grissom. I believe our back-story got brushed off as just a "working relationship." It's a shame, really.

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Gravey: I totally understand about finals :( I had to take a semester off from school, but I'm heading back and the one thing I am DREADING is finals! I would share my dreams with you...send them over somehow ;) I think the part I LOVED the most was the fact he agreed with me! :p

Wait wait, isn't Eddie the guy Cath was married to or something? I'm SO IGNORANT sometimes...apparently I am when it comes to Eddie too. If anyone is reading in...forgive my ignorance! :p
    PUREJOY baby!

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Thanks!:D I know what you mean. I had a lot to choose from and it was hard, but I decided on 'the look'.
    Yeah, it really is a shame that it was dropped. I really think they missed the boat, so to speak, on their relationship possibilities. When something like what Billy and Marg have falls in your lap, you should run with it regardless of what your previous intentions were. To have something that good be given to you is a rare thing and it should be capitalized on.
    Yeah, she was married to him. Hey, don't beat yourself up over it too bad. As long as you know who Gil and Cath are, you're good.:lol:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. Criminologist86

I definitley know who Gil & Cath are ;) That'd be really horrible and embarrassing if I didn't ;) I'm just not as clear on the background of everything as ya'll are; Ya'll have been fans for longer than I have, I think.

Anyway, I'm glad she has Gil :)

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm still not convinced that Gil and Eddie were friends. lol. I think they knew each other to a certain level, but they probably didn't have a real "friendship" if you know what I'm talking about. But yes, he had known Eddie's cheating on Catherine before she found out. It must have been hard for him to see her suffer, but I understand that he didn't want to be the one to tell her and break her heart. After all, she did love Eddie back then.

Remember we were talking about the possibility that Gil has talked to Catherine about his decision before making the accouncement? I think we have our answer now...well, sort of. Here is an article about the upcoming episode and read this:

I know the whole situation is supposed to be sad, but that did give me a silent squee...I couldn't actually squee since I was supposed to be working. lol.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I wonder if Gil knew Eddie from work? Like, considering the things Eddie was into, I wonder if Gil had some dealings with him on that aspect?

That could have been uncomfortable when it came to Gil finding out about Catherine marrying him.

I hope we get Gil back to visit Catherine every now and then. I don't think she'll realise how much she'll miss him until he's actually gone.

7. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I'm not convinced Gil and Eddie were friends either. I don't think Eddie is the type of person Gil could possibly be friends with. After all, we kind of got a tell tale sign Eddie was an abuser in TTTD, when he violently threw Cath against a wall and Gil came to her rescue. Cath's reaction, the fear in her voice and her expression, suggests he had done it before. And Gil hates men who do that.

Plus, he knew Eddie was cheating on her. I think he just couldn't bear to tell his best friend that her husband was having it away with another woman, he couldn't be the one to hurt her. Maybe he was afraid she wouldn't believe him, after all she did love Eddie at this time. Maybe he thought her loyalty would lie with her husband, not her best friend.

Miracle4Xmas your avvie is fantastic. Love the sultry look on Cath's face :D :D.

And I agree with you, the whole "working relationship" thing, so not fair. They should have given us at least a small insight into their past, you never know maybe they will. But that's looking highly doubtful :(

Yeah this week (episode 9) is the one where Grissom announces he is leaving. It will be a tear jerker I can tell. I'm dreading Cath's reaction, she may say she knew it was coming, but she will be heartbroken.
    Episode 10 on Jan 15th, seems so far away right now. I'm looking forward to the rumored hug they share, I KNOW I will cry at that point :(
    And the 200th episode, hmm Billy and Marg both said he'll be back then. I would love it if he just turned up at one of Cath's crime scenes, or her office, in a pure unexpected fashion :lol: :hugegrin:

8. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

MissMurder, I believe you put that really nicely. Maybe it's because I've read it in so many fanfictions...it almost seems as if the back-story was explored at some point, although I know TPTB never really did. Maybe Gil and Eddie were never really friends but just knew *of* each other through Catherine (I mean..it's inevitable, right?). It's weird how Gil wasn't very happy when he realized that Catherine might still be in love with Eddie...he obviously knows the history between Catherine and Eddie...

And when he pulled Eddie off Catherine in TTTD, he said "Let go of her, Ed." Calling him Ed kind of sounds like Gil knows him pretty well. Maybe they knew each other way before, because of Gil's line of work and investigating cases that went on in the strip clubs. The possibilities are really endless. =)

9. Criminologist86

Gravey: AHHH I LOVE YOU! I remember that scene! I REMEMBER Eddy! I'm SUCH an idiot...Major amnesia week, apparently. But THAT, that show of manliness and protection and looove....oooo it was PURE sexiness and PUREJOY :) And then the moment of triumph when Eddy backs off...HECK YES! Grissom victory! AH I looove it!

*composes self and gets out of spaz mode*

So I'm planning on bawling a lot tonight for 19 Down; anyone else? I'm sure there will be PLENTY of PureJoy...ok, so I'm hoping. I have tried to keep away from the spoilers as much as possible :devil: but ya'll know how I am ;)
    Kleenex party here after CSI tonight :) All PureJoyers are invited.

PS-Had another dream last night (big surprise cos I woke up at 5:30 in a panic attack)...explained PureJoy to the lovely Jorja Fox...guess what she said....no, really, you will never guess... I get done with my rant and she kinda looks at me and goes "You're right...You're totally, so right." And I was happy.

10. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Why thank you dear. :) It was just my little ol' theory. :lol:

I remember this scene. I thought he didn't look all that happy about it either :(. Like his heart was breaking at the thought of Cath still being in love with him.

LOL wish I could join sweetie but I live in the UK, we won't see the episodes until January? February?

Though I am very spoilered and yes I plan on finding somewhere to watch the episode tomorrow after university. Got a stinking Human Biology test that eats away into precious CSI/Grissom/PureJoy time. :lol: Have to do it though.

Looking forward to some GCR scenes hopefully. :hugegrin:

And hey no worries on your spaz mode :guffaw: It happens to all of us.

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

*grabs tissue box* I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be. I'm hoping the same thing you are. Again, there's a lot of potential. Let's hope we get something good.;)

"I knew before you knew."....is that not wonderful?!:luvlove: She knows him better than he knows himself. So, by her saying that, wonder if he does tell her before everyone else? Gosh, I really want to see a one-on-one scene between them talking about this. We need a hug!

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I actually did see that and I wanted to hug him when I saw the look on his face. Though I'm more than sure that Gil knows better than that now. Besides, what Cath shared with him is so much better than her entire relationship with Eddie. 'Nuff said.

*grabs towel* Probably more appropriate for tonight's episode... there had better be some PureJoy tonight 'else there'll be some rioting outside TPTB's offices. And trust me, you do not want to make us mad.

13. Criminologist86

Hey all!
    *Passes out PureJoy themed boxes of tissues*

I'm sending BIG HUGS (I'll keep my flu to myself) and LOVE to ya'll during this episode! I'm planning on bawling my eyes out so I'm HOPING to be able to watch it alone...Perferably in my parents' room, which is in the back of the house.

xoxo

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

*grabs one of the boxes of tissues*

Oh man, I just don't know where to begin...I'm still a little speechless.:( There was some serious eye contact and it seemed like they couldn't keep their eyes off each other whenever they were in the same scenes. I loved when they were searching what kind of shoes the victim had and she was telling him a story about Lindsey. He looked at her so lovingly the whole time. Then, when he was like, "Catherine, I uh...I know I surprised you today with the...." and she cut him off and said, "I knew...I knew before you knew." She looked like she was about to cry, but at the same time, she knew she had to be strong.....gosh, that done it for me.:( How she kept from breaking down I will never know. It really was a heartbreaking scene. I'm really not ready for him to go now.:(

15. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

That eppy was so sad! When they were talking about lindsey my heart was breaking :(:(:( And Cath's eyes were so teary. And when she said she already knew! Ugh I was SO close to crying! My heart was beating so fast through the whole episode! I couldn't even focus on the plot. I really hope we get a good goodbye between them. I can't believe he is leaving!They need to have WAY more scenes together next week. When he was at thecollege though, and that guy asked the girl for coffee, did anyone else get the feeling it was like gil and catg?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.