"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

this was the first time in like two years i have caught CSI airing a new ep.... i know i'm a bad CSI fan but this is where dvds come in handy.

i liked this ep, it was interesting.

the serial killer was freaking creepy!! he kinda reminded me of HRG from "Heroes"!! haha. i liked how Grissom got out of the lab to do a bit of field work. it kinda sucked how the killer knew that he was working law enforcement and called him out on it.

i thought the intro to Laurence Fishburne's character was done very well. i believe in movies and tv that an introduction to a character is very important that it should set up for what we're getting into with a character. LF's intro was done very well, it shows he's smart and that he's going to add a very new and interesting addition to the team.

even though i haven't watch CSI in a while i could totally see some chemistry b/t Rilley and Nick. very good flirt scene.

this ep just proved how important Grissom is to the team and to the show. so many characters are going to miss their leader, one of the people they most admire in their lives. i've had a love/hate relationship with Grissom since i started watching back in season 1 but i'll definitely miss him when he's gone. he is CSI.

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Ugh. Sorry - your post really irritated me. Can we please tone down the Cath-bashing. If you dislike her, that's one thing, but effectively calling her a "consummate bitch" is a bit harsh (not to mention rude, IMO). Also, the actress's name is Marg, not Marge -- pronounced with a hard g, not like Homer's wife. I've also never heard the character called 'Cathy' before.

I love the 2 students theory.

I was surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that Grissom made his cover a professor of sociology, rather than entemology (or at least biology). It felt like it would have been coming full circle that way, IMO.

As for Wendy, I liked the idea of the scene, but, altogether, it felt a bit hollow, just because we've seen so little of Wendy over the course of the series. Personally, I was expecting a lot more of her this season, especially with her supposedly being made a regular. Speaking of which - wasn't she supposed to be a regular this episode? I keep expecting her to be in the main credits, but she never is.

Oo I didn't notice that. That's a really intriguing idea. Good catch!

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

EXCELLENT CSI at it's shinning best. The serial killer made me sick, talk about a freak, he's one of the most horrible characters ever on CSI, not just bad EVIL in the whole context. NO morals, no concience, no nothing somewhat like Charles Manson, he gave me the creeps:censored: EWWW, LF as Langston great, a consumate actor, rose to the occasion. classy and beliveable. I got tears in my eyes when Grissom told David he'd miss him of course, the perfect employee, he never caused Grissom any hassles or problems, so sad:And Hodges acting strange more than usual, he's hurt because he thought Grissom would talk to him but he never felt the same as Hodges did worshiping him( I'm so sick to my stomach after this I'll post more later:confused:

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hmm your comment about the perfect employee made me think -- I love SuperDave, but the guy that, to me, most embodies perfect employee on CSI has got to be Archie. Seriously, who doesn't love Archie? He's just so darn likable, plus he's been on the show since the beginning -- a lot longer than Hodges, Wendy or SuperDave. I'd really like to see a Griss goodbye scene with him.

5. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

I loved the episode. I thought that it was a fantastic introduction to our new character. I also thought it was moving to watch how Grissom's news was affecting everyone. I get what you mean, happyharper, about the Wendy scene...given the fact that we haven't see her interact with Grissom all that much. Maybe that's just supposed to show us that his departure is going to be felt by everyone in that lab...even the people who are not as close to him....I actually thought it was sweet. Regardless, I don't get why we haven't seen her in the credits either (although Superdave is a new regular, too, and he's not there.....hmm....)...but my hope is that we see more of her (and the rest of the LabRats..I like them alot!) once all the newbies have settled in.

6. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

Whoa!! Are you for real? Your getting upset over someone calling a fictional character a name? I'm not even gonna dignify this with arguments. It just blows me away that your so ....i don't know.....involved with a TV series you can't handle a little poke at one of the characters. I think Marg Helgenberger is a beautiful and talented actress and plays her character perfectly. IMO she plays a bitch. Don't like my post....don't read or respond to it....my gawd...get a life.

7. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

I could have discribed this all with one word....Pissy.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:sigh: I have to start over now. I accidentally hit the wrong button on my keyboard and the screen went all wonky and showed the post windows as tiny. :lol: Don't know what happened there.

I just found it strange since Grissom has admitted not being good with people yet he choose sociology as his cover? Gotta love the irony there.

Desertwind, you're right about the DJK. He did seem kind of Manson like. He gave me the utter creeps. The actor did an excellent job.

Actually, SuperDave has been on the show since 2000 (which is the year CSI premiered) and Archie's only been on the show since 2001 . But, they are both excellent employees. Bobby and Wendy have also been on since the show started (just not in as many episodes lol). Hodges started in 2003, Wendy and Henry in 2005. Wendy apparently took Mia's place as DNA tech and let me tell you, I like Wendy a whole heck of a lot better. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  9. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that: I also loved the irony of the sociology cover.

Also, Snow Angel, did you mean that Bobby and "Mandy" had been on the show since the beginning? I think that's right, isn't it?

10. GregNickRyanFan

Yes, since 2000, but they've been in less episodes than others who started later in the series. :lol: I didn't even realize Mandy had been there that long. I guess cause at one point she had a different hairstyle and no glasses and I kept thinking of her being someone else. :lol: She looks so different now to me than she did when she had Nicky sing "Oh Mandy" for her (cute scene by the way). :lol:

The ep was really good. I liked Laurence's role. I don't know how he'll blend with the rest of the cast, but I liked his interactions with both Gil and Jim.

Question though: Whose body was it that Grissom found in the brushes at the end of the show? I'm not talking about the skeletal remains, but it seemed like there was a fresh body there.

11. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

Ooooh, good episode!!

Loved the scary serial killer, especially the phone call he made to Langston where he told him he was out in the parking lot - "Made you look". Had me convinced as well......

So Hodges is really turning up in strange places, it seems almost everywhere except his own lab. I liked his reaction to Grissom, and ignoring him to speak only to Wendy - suits his childish personality. Gotta love him!

And SuperDave's reaction, awwwwww bless him!! *hug*

12. GregNickRyanFan

Is it just me or did that creepy phone call Nathan made to Ray seem reminescent of a scene from one of the Scream movies? :lol:

13. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

Wow great show last night. The scenes with the team and each of them saying goodbyes and I'll miss you, very sad.
    Hodges reaction is perfect for him feeling left that he personally didn't get to hear that his idol is leaving, I would be upset as well.
    This was one of the best episodes I have seen this year besides the opening. I got the "silence of lambs" feeling watching it.

14. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Perhaps Archie will be around in the next episode cause he's put together a video of Grissom's best bits.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I didn't see Hodges as being a jerk either, IMHO Hodges's self important attitude, ego, or arrogance (whatever you wanna call it-its not meant as bashing, its how he's written) made him assume Grissom was going to say goodbye to him, Hodges worships Grissom and did not want to show the other man his emotions, so he decided to beat him to the punch. Because I was pretty sure that Grissom wanting to talk to Hodges was case related and not a goodbye. I liked the farewell scenes shared between Grissom and the others, I thought Wendy thanking him was a nice touch, superdave's crying moment was also touching, also the talk with Brass was amusing, and of course Catherine knew!! I hope to see some goodbye scenes between Grissom and Nick, as well as Greg, just because it didn't happen in part 1 does not mean it won't in part 2.

Well anyway my thoughts on the episode. I liked it, it was very creepy and suspenseful. I liked LF's character, he'll have a strong presence on the show and I think he will fit in well.

I loved that Greg is now a LV3, but it was obvious to me that he had been promoted previously (off camera) so it wasn't his promotion that was spoiled by Grissom's news. That whole scene was kinda cool and old school CSI, Grissom handing out assignments and the banter/teasing that went on, like Nick wanted Greg to buy them breakfast.

I love that Catherine is stepping up to run the lab, she has put in her time and she deserves it.

All in all the ep was good, it was back to basics and seemed like the CSI I fell in love with. I hope it only gets better.