Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome Steph and hhunter. :)

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Like you, I just keep an eye out for Sofia/Yelina news, and I would tune into the show to see her. Otherwise, I have no interest in the show anymore. So, I can more than understand why you did this. I did it too long ago, saving a few of my favourite H/Y pics.

I guess there is little to discuss (no thanks to tgtb), but it's good to see the thread is still alive. ;) *hugs*

Welcome to the new Mods. :)

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

They hinted at H/J in 'Bombshell' the 5th I think episode of this season where H kisses J on the top of her head and they sat exchanging meaningful glances at each other for a moment at the end of the episode.

It kinds conveyed the message that H is gonna be there for Julia as she goes though her nervous breakdown thing.

It really doesn't seem optimistic for H/Y anymore IMO :( Although I must admit H/J do have some chemistry there, nothing compared to H/Y but better than H and any other women, besides Y.

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well with the H/J story atleast we get a little glance of the real Horatio. You know he wouldn't leave someone to take care of herself. Especially when she has a biopolar dissorder AND she is the mother of his son. I can understand Horatio's mind is far away from Yelina... Oh who am I kiddin'? TGTB *grbl*

Somehow this springs to mind:

[​IMG]

5. Lucy

*hugs you* Just because. ;)

Thanks for the info Hrockz. :) One wonders if tgtb even remotely consider H/Y a romantic possibility anymore? *sigh*

:lol: That's about the size of it!

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Aww - thanks. *hugs* back :)

It's would be a good idea to ask someone from the show this question, in an interview. I can't help but feel that Corey Miller has only been stringing us along all this time to be honest, to keep us watching. This is a show that seems to live very much for the moment, and I am now beginning to think they have moved on from H/Y. I still have a glimmer of hope, but it's glowing faintly now. But, never give up hope, right? ;)

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Be Warned; Treasonous Statement to Follow :eek: :

I looked around at all three CSIs and their respective treatment of women regulars and recurring cast. I've come to the conclusion, given Horatio's transformation from a decent, loving guy to cold, heartless Super H, :( that Yelina might be better off moving to New York City and getting involved with Mac Taylor. At least he treats women with respect, and is appreciative of the loyalty of a beautiful woman. Sorry, Horatio; you really blew it! :censored:

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Just a gentle reminder...

Please be considerate when commenting on actors/characters as we don't want it to cross the line into bashing.
    Thank you :D

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

So for those who don't visit the spoiler thread, apparently Yelina's going to appear in episode 7x16 - Sink or Swim

From delkolover who quoted in the spoiler thread, "Yelina is in the ep posing as a hired gun for the real man who hired the female assassin in last Monday's ep to kill Eric. It is unclear as to why this man wants Eric dead."

I'm not sure what purpose she serves in this episode, I hope it's not doing some favor for H again. Although I can't really tell from the spoilers.

For those who don't watch Miami anymore, to make sense of the spoiler, someone wants Eric dead and he has a hit ordered on him, but we don't know who yet. It's probably something to do with Eric trying to dig into his parentage.

10. Lucy

^ Thanks Hrockz for this news, and also the background information. :) Do we know when this episode will air? It's still good to know that Yelina will be making an appearance. Though, it would be even better to see her have a converstaion with H that maybe involves something more personal, and not just all-business.

Right. ;) Words to live by. *hugs*

11. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Ehm, so... Hi, remember me? It's been awhile since I've dropped by, but now that my xmas-holiday has started I've finally found the time to return. A lot has happened since my last visit. I've moved half way across the country (which really isn't far in anything but danish terms) and I've started Uni. I hope you're all doing great and it's wonderful to see that you're still hanging on, if only by a lifebuoy...

It is wonderful to hear that SM will be back, though. She truly has been missed.

Sorry for being (mostly) OT. Just felt like saying "Hi" and "Happy Holidays". ;)

12. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

The questions does beg as to when this tgtb drew their line in the sand regarding no go on H/Y. I know we keep thinking that this line was reached when Steve Maeda left but one does wonder exactly who was responsiible and when this decision was made. If memory serves it all went south the summer after S3 ended....

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Sorry OT but good to see you Luna.

Happy holidays everyone!

14. Lucy

Happy Holidays/a belated Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Tally
    , interesting question. I wonder if it was a conscious decision to 'drop' H/Y, or whether it has just faded out in the writers' attempts to 'refresh' the show. Lazy writing and a lack of integrity has led to them bringing in a whole new family/storyarc for H. Sofia has also moved on with her career too of course, which may have influenced things, but the horse had bolted by this time, so it's almost a moot point.

Lunalove, great to see you again! :)

15. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Lucy, you are so right! Thinking about an H/Y relationship at this time does seem moot. Actually, so much time has passed on the show since there was ever any entertainment of the notion of a relationship between these two, that to pursue one now would seem incongruous and random. It would still be welcome for those of us who are die-hard fans, but honestly it's becoming hard to remember the magic between H/Y. The ship seems to have passed. I'm just wondering how many seasons Miami has left in her?

Someone suggested in a previous thread that we could send Yelina to New York so that she could hook up with Mac. I'd vote. He would not carry the same 'issues' that H does(brother-in-law, Aerosol,etc) so at least there would be the 'fresh' factor going for it. When do the new episodes start and does anyone know when the episode with Y in it will air?

Sorry it's been so long since I chimed in. Life happens, and not always in positive ways. Hope everyone had a happy holiday and that the New Year will bring good things, on the show and otherwise.