Episode 7x10 - 'The DeLuca Motel' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Does it bug anyone else that Eric does't have a scar on his head?

His hair was pretty shaved last night and no scar. I know when my son gets his hair cut that short you can see his scar, and it was nothing.

I know Adam Rodriguez can't walk around with a scar shaved into his head all the time but couldn't the prop dept. come up with something or maybe some editing? Hair doesn't grow back around a wound like that.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have noticed that myself.

I mean considering Adam is keeping his hair soo short now a days, the scar really should be there. I don't know why they don't just slap something together to make it look like there is a scar there or like you said digitally edit.

I think it not being there sort of makes the fact that he was shot disappear....no evidence of it ya know.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To be honest, I forgot Eric even had a scar in the first place. :lol: But, these shows never have the scars remain. I mean, take Greg on Vegas for example. He was burned in that lab explosion back when he was DNA tech... and then a while later when he was a CSI, he had to take a decontamination shower and there was absolutely no scarring.

4. shaggy2

shaggy2 Victim

My thoughts on the show,

First, there was all the hype about about a "gunman" when it actually was a woman who was after Eric. I know her--she was most recently seen on CBS' Y&R as Victor's now deceased wife, Sabrina. I would not have thought of her for a "gun-thug" role. I thought she was bland on the Y&R and also bland last night.

It was different to see Eric acting like he was up to something unlawful. I loved the scenes with him and Ryan and Ryan being very concerned about Eric's behavior.

Natalia only played a small role in the show, but she was on the case.

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Speed Cochrane....perogis? Can I come over? I haven't had good perogis since forever! Yummy yum, yum. Say you made mushroom.

I loved Frank's scenes with Calleigh. Rex and Emily have such a great chemistry together. I remember an interview where Rex said that he wanted Frank to have an office romance with Calleigh. Rex is just so fun in interviews. From the chemistry that he and Emily have in character, they must have a blast together off screen. I just can't see it otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I don't ship them unless it's friendship, but I enjoy the ease of the interactions and the innocent way that Calleigh, in her quest to do her job, manages to get Frank into oddly funny predicaments (twice now her butt in his face.). It's brilliant on the actors' parts for working the angle for subtle comedic value. I shudder to imagine if the two of them were given a loose script and free reign.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Let me go and pick the brain of a friend of mine that was born in Cuba and a real Vicera. (Noche Buena at her place is a total blast!) Yeah, her dad worked for Gitmo and the U.S. gov't got them out after things went Castro and superbad after the Missle Crisis. Give me the specifics and I'll ask her what's what.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well they showed his scar just for the second half of s5.
    Then, it magically disappeared. It's pretty odd that a scar like that disappeared also considering the fact that AR has no hair left. I thought that the purpose of AR almost bold was to show that scar, guess I was wrong:lol:.
    You can't not have no scar like that one after that injury. I mean AR has two very little scars on his head for minor accidents!

Seriously what was the purpose of having Eric with no hair??? I want the hair back :scream:. I can't stand this bold Eric anymore:wtf:

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Don't get me wrong.....lovin' AR with the no hair thing. :cool:
    But the absence of the scar bugs me. But if that means they're going to have him grow back his hair I'll get over it. :p

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

It was an ok episode. I'm not too big a fan of too much Eric-drama. If last season was about H and Kyle this season is about Eric and his family, so far.

I liked how Ryan was concerned for him though. I really like seeing Ryan and Eric work together and Ryan's comments to Eric about the motel room was funny. :lol:

I like also that H gave Eric space and privacy and only looked into Eric's situation after Ryan coiced his concerns. I hae when H goes charging into people's lives and try to take control of things.

Loved the Frank and Cal scene, the second time Frank gets to have a great view of Cal's butt:guffaw:

The fact that Cal gave that pregnant lady the money was great too. I kept hoping the pregnant lady wouldn't turn out to be some conwoman. I mean that would be horrid for Cal who did so much for her.

Ok I don't get the part about Eric. I didn't really hear what Eric's mom told him about his biological father. Who is he? Why is he trying to kill Eric?

Is next week the episode with Ryan and his sponsor?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Cheddar cheese. :D Haven't had mushroom before, I'll have to try that.

I didn't really catch that part either. (of course it was probably because I wasn't paying attention. :eek:) The only thing I understood was that he was a 'bad man' and the rest, I couldn't really hear too well.

Did they even say why (if) he wanted him dead?

I cracked up when Eric called his mom's mistake about where they landed/came ashore etc. You'd think if you were going to lie to your son about it for 30 some years, you'd get your locations straight in case your kid y'know...has an IQ.

But despite that and the certificate fiasco, I really enjoyed that scene. :)

I can't stand it either. I don't find it all that flattering to be honest. :/ Just my taste.

The episode with Ryan and his sponsor should be 7x13 'And They're Offed' according to the info in the Spoiler Lab. :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

We know that the father's name was Alexander Sharova (something like this, I can't write Russian names:lol:). That's what Eric discovered, then his mommy told that the biological father was the boss in her factory and that it was just a mistake and she also added the fact he was a bad man.
    She didn't saying anything more except for "let it go Eric".
    You gotta love this woman :adore:

Exactly, there's something with his head and his hair that doesn't look good to me. IDK, guess I prefer men with hair ..short, but with hair:p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Maybe Adam Rodriguez likes it short and it has nothing to do with anyone involved in Miami except for him? I don't see the huge deal... I think Eric looks good with both short and longer hair.

Not that this has anything to do with the episode.

13. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Eric's mother is the worst liar ever :scream: I could understand if she kept changing her story because she couldn't remember the exact place where they reached Miami or the exact moment where Eric was born that night, after all she was supposed to be heavily pregnant and scared, but to change the day he was born in every story is hilarious :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I realize he doesnt have a scar evertime he gets a fresh hair cut, but it's a simple misktake. Anyways why everytime you'd have a hair cut you'd have to cut out a little more at the back of your head just to show a scar for your character, and when you're off the job it looks a little weird like a bad hair cut. I'm Adam hates it, I would if I were a boy with short hair.

Give Eric's mom some slack, for all we know the boss could've raped her and that how Eric came about, she could've been keeping back some stuff still. He was infact a bad man. At least that's what I thought she was about to say. Hmm, I wonder about his family now and what his biological father will eventually do.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

*cough*she wasn't raped, she was a consent adult. She told it was a mistake, not a tragedy or a bad thing;).
    Even if she had been raped, I don't think she should have lied to him for 30 years with thousands of versions.
    On day her labour last 3 hours, the other day it last 18 hours. That's what Eric told her. No matter if she has been raped, she's supposed to be his mother & she lied to him too many times.
    Though, I loved her just because she sounded so sweet and tender :adore: